Windows 10: Can I run an editing program designed for XP SP3 on my Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I run an editing program designed for XP SP3 on my Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I make prosumer videos and live in a place where we frequently lose our internet. Sadly the editing program I am currently using MUST be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fenestra, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Fenestra Win User

Can I run an editing program designed for XP SP3 on my Windows 10?

Hello! I make prosumer videos and live in a place where we frequently lose our internet. Sadly the editing program I am currently using MUST be connected to the internet or else I lose my project! Very frustrating!. For years I used an Avid product, Pinnacle Studio 15, Version 15.0.0.7593 which does not require the internet; I am very happy with this program and, for expediency's sake, would like to revert to using it. It does everything I need. Pinnacle Studio 15, Version15.0.0.7593 ( I have another computer I could use for internet-related needs.) So my question is: Is it possible to make my 10 compatible with a program that was designed to run on XP SP3? I would disable the internet to 10 and if I needed upgrades or patches, or whatever, I could download them from my other PC. Or not. I love 10, but mainly I edit video and need a reliable, trustworthy machine. All advice greatly appreciated.My 10 info is: Windows 10 Home, Version 2004, Build # 19041.508

:)

Fenestra, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Welcome to Ten Forums @Fenestra.

As Ghot says, try it - you may be pleasantly surprised. I too run PSP7, I also run Autoroute 2000 from the same era. I also have a number of old utilities and games (the XP version of Solitare is my favourite). The oldest software I run is CARDFILE.EXE, the only 32-bit version MS ever issued was supplied with Windows NT 3.51. All work fine in the latest Windows 10 20H2.

Windows 10 has a wide range of compatibility modes that can make most thing work. For some software you may even need to run the installer in compatibility mode.

Can I run an editing program designed for XP SP3 on my Windows 10? [​IMG]

Change Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps in Windows 10

3. Fenestra Win User

Hello! I make prosumer videos and live in a place where we frequently lose our internet. Sadly the editing program I am currently using MUST be connected to the internet or else I lose my project! Very frustrating!. For years I used an Avid product, Pinnacle Studio 15, Version 15.0.0.7593 which does not require the internet; I am very happy with this program and, for expediency's sake, would like to revert to using it. It does everything I need. Pinnacle Studio 15, Version15.0.0.7593 ( I have another computer I could use for internet-related needs.) So my question is: Is it possible to make my 10 compatible with a program that was designed to run on XP SP3? I would disable the internet to 10 and if I needed upgrades or patches, or whatever, I could download them from my other PC. Or not. I love 10, but mainly I edit video and need a reliable, trustworthy machine. All advice greatly appreciated.My 10 info is: Windows 10 Home, Version 2004, Build # 19041.508

Fenestra, Oct 24, 2020
  4. marv-r Win User

Run the Compatibility Program on an XP Pro Sp3

Can you run the Compatibility Report program for Windows 10 on a PC running XP Pro Sp3 to determine if Windows 10 can be installed on it?

marv-r, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I run an editing program designed for XP SP3 on my Windows 10? - Similar Threads - run editing program

2. Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff: Hi Community,We are facing a very strange problem in our Windows XP SP-3. I have check the security events and found that user Auto Logon & Log Off are generated every 3-4 Seconds. There is only one user i-e Administrator configured on that machine. Additionally we have not...
  3. Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff: Hi Community,We are facing a very strange problem in our Windows XP SP-3. I have check the security events and found that user Auto Logon & Log Off are generated every 3-4 Seconds. There is only one user i-e Administrator configured on that machine. Additionally we have not...
  4. xp sp3 offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xp sp3 offline: does anyone know if i can still download XP SP 3 Offline version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xp-sp3-offline/d4dd03f6-274b-4de7-9335-387814c8dee7
  5. xp sp3 offline

xp sp3 offline: does anyone know if i can still download XP SP 3 Offline version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xp-sp3-offline/d4dd03f6-274b-4de7-9335-387814c8dee7
  6. design program not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    design program not running: hi im having a problem with a software program called vizterra, its kind of like auto cad. its to design back yard decks etc. it wont let me open. when trying to run is sayig multiple .DLL files are missing. any chance anyone would know how to fix this problem or do i have to...
  7. design program not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    design program not running: hi im having a problem with a software program called vizterra, its kind of like auto cad. its to design back yard decks etc. it wont let me open. when trying to run is sayig multiple .DLL files are missing. any chance anyone would know how to fix this problem or do i have to...
  8. design program not running

9. Can I run an editing program designed for XP SP3 on my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I run an editing program designed for XP SP3 on my Windows 10?: Hello! I make prosumer videos and live in a place where we frequently lose our internet. Sadly the editing program I am currently using MUST be connected to the internet or else I lose my project! Very frustrating!. For years I used an Avid product, Pinnacle Studio 15,...
  10. Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V: I'm playing around with Windows XP as a VM in Hyper V for reasons I won't go into. I have a bootable Windows XP SP3 CD I created some time ago. I've hit the following issues. I can install XP from the CD but Hyper V seems to want access to the bootable CD whenever the VM is...