Windows 10: Can I run games on a second GPU if all monitors are connected to the first?

Discus and support Can I run games on a second GPU if all monitors are connected to the first? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a dual-GPU setup with a GTX 1060 and an RTX 3070. All my monitors are connected to the 1060 (it has to stay like this for now, for reasons that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sparky2199, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Can I run games on a second GPU if all monitors are connected to the first?

I have a dual-GPU setup with a GTX 1060 and an RTX 3070. All my monitors are connected to the 1060 (it has to stay like this for now, for reasons that are irrelevant here). Is it possible to make a game use the 3070 even when it's being displayed on a monitor that's connected to the 1060?

I'm looking for a solution similar to render-offloading on linux, where you can use a second 'headless' GPU to render a game, and the image is being sent back to the first GPU for displaying.

I've been looking at the NVIDIA control panel for a while, but I couldn't find anything.

submitted by /u/Sparky2199
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sparky2199, Apr 6, 2021

2. Gaming Laptop uses dedicated GPU on a non-existent monitor

So I have a bit of a complicated problem. Up until recently, I've been doing good with my Laptop. It has an igpu and a dedicated gpu. I had 2 monitors, the one directly connected to my laptop was run by the igpu, and the external was run by the dedicated
    gpu. I am on vacation, and don't have access to my second monitor, and now, when I try to run a game with my dedicated graphics card, it will try to pull up the game, but close it, since the dedicated gpu is set to my second monitor. How do I change this?
    My Geforce Experience app isn't working by the way.

RubiksCuber37, Apr 6, 2021
  3. GPU is fine.... Bios is fine.... Why can't Windows 10 detect my second monitor?

Now my second monitor isn't even cloned... no signal... windows 10 cannot detect a second monitor and suggests a different GPU... My GPU can support up to 3 monitors... again... ran every diagnostic on my BIOS and GPU know to man. Thank you for your assistance...
    very irritated by this simple problem.

RolandNordin, Apr 6, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Can I run games on a second GPU if all monitors are connected to the first?

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Can I run games on a second GPU if all monitors are connected to the first?

1. Can I run games on a second GPU if all monitors are connected to the first? - Similar Threads - run games second

2. Lag on second monitor usually in videos when playing games on fullscreen on first monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag on second monitor usually in videos when playing games on fullscreen on first monitor: Hi,I just upgraded from a much worse computer using windows 10 to a better one using windows 11. My problem is however after upgrading that I start lagging alot on my second monitor when playing games on my main monitor in fullscreen mode. It is quite bad and mainly happens...
  3. Lag on second monitor usually in videos when playing games on fullscreen on first monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag on second monitor usually in videos when playing games on fullscreen on first monitor: Hi,I just upgraded from a much worse computer using windows 10 to a better one using windows 11. My problem is however after upgrading that I start lagging alot on my second monitor when playing games on my main monitor in fullscreen mode. It is quite bad and mainly happens...
  4. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  5. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  6. How do I connect a second monitor to an all-in-one PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect a second monitor to an all-in-one PC?: Hello, I'm trying to connect an older monitor to my all-in-one PC, but nothing really seems to be working. I have a Dell Inspiron 5490 AIO running Windows 10, and I'm trying to connect an Acer X191W monitor to it. I purchased a DVI to HDMI cable, which I thought would be...
  7. When I connect the second monitor Windows just add the second to the first

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I connect the second monitor Windows just add the second to the first: Yesterday I bought a second monitor, I plugged it in and everything worked. Today when I booted the pc Windows didn't detect 2 monitor, but just one big with double the resolution. I've tried to uninstall drivers, unplug both monitors and to "Detect" multiple monitor in the...
  8. Second monitor is showing the same as the first

Second monitor is showing the same as the first: Hello guys I have been using two of the same monitors for about 1 year now, and it worked fine. But i wanted to change my resolution for windows. After trying it in the AMD Radeon Software Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580, i told me that the resolution i want 1750x1080, is not...
  9. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  10. Connect second monitor

Connect second monitor: Dear Admin, I can't connect my second monitor on windows 10. could you please help me? thank you Best Regards, Giovanni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connect-second-monitor/0991fb4a-7a2c-496b-ac11-7b06a587f170