Windows 10: Can I run msg.exe on Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support Can I run msg.exe on Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I copied msg.exe from Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 Home machine but it doesn't work. Gives me error "LoadString failed, Error 15105, ..." Can I run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eddo51, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Eddo51 Win User

Can I run msg.exe on Windows 10 Home?

I copied msg.exe from Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 Home machine but it doesn't work. Gives me error "LoadString failed, Error 15105, ..." Can I run msg on Windows 10 Home? How?

:)

Eddo51, Mar 8, 2018
  2. WTom1 Win User

msg.exe file isn't in System32

I downloaded a copy of MSG.EXE found in a backup (AMD) directory on a Windows 10 system. This OS says MSG.EXE is a 16 bit program. That means it can only run on 32 bit hardware - not on 64 bit OSes.

MSG.EXE is not found in \Windows\system32 on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit Operating Systems. From my search, nobody is addressing this problem. Many who have seen the problem do not realize that MSG is not on their system or are not discussing
    differences between 32 bit and 64 bit Operating Systems.

In short, I need the MSG.EXE function I have the same question that others have - and is never answered. How do I restore MSG.EXE (for 64 bit OSes) or what other program does the MSG.EXE function?

WTom1, Mar 8, 2018
  3. OwenClark Win User
    msg.exe file isn't in System32

I am trying to run the command "msg" on cmd. More specifically "msg * MESSAGE". I got an error stating: "'msg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." I did some searching, and figured out it was because msg.exe
    was not in my System32 Folder. I am running Windows 10 64-bit, by the way. I searched the whole windows folder for msg.exe, and found the file under the directory of: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-t..commandlinetoolsmqq_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.14393.0_none_569ddcdcc2b7c2e9

so i ran cmd again and I changed the directory to the one above, and ran the msg command again. I got a pop-up error saying that the msg file only works for 32-bit systems, and to contact my OS publisher to get the 64-bit version. Is there any way I can
    be able to run the msg command? Is there a 64-bit msg.exe file I can download and put in System32?

OwenClark, Mar 8, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

msg.exe is not installed in Home, but it is in Pro (and above). Having both, I've copied Win10 Pro's msg.exe to a usb and tried to run from the usb in Win10 Home. Just typing msg with no parameters should have given the 'help' text, but instead I got....
    On the Pro machine there was also a msg.exe.mui in C:\Windows\System32\en-US. Copying that to an en-US folder on the usb let me at least run msg.exe to get the help text. I haven't tested beyond the (not very useful) function of sending a message to myself, but you won't get any further without a .mui file, it appears.

An MUI file is an integral part of any app and it won't run without its associated .mui.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Bree, Mar 8, 2018
  5. Eddo51 Win User
    Thanks for your help. I copied msg.exe.mui from a Windows 7 computer to C:\Windows\System32\en-US but that didn't help. Is there any way I can get this program to run on Windows 10 Home?

Eddo51, Mar 9, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    I've not used msg much before, and in my tests have only been able to send a message to myself on the same machine. However, there are some tips here...

How to Use the Msg Command in Windows

...and gives a registry fix that may help....

....or perhaps not - I still can's send a message from my 10 Pro PC to my Home one. Seems even on a company network with domain/terminal servers it's tricky to use, you may get some hints here...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w7itprogeneral

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I run msg.exe on Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - run msg exe

2. How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?: Hello, I am attempting to run nice hash on my computer as an administrator, but it gives me an error "this app has been blocked for your protection" I have googled several solutions, such as add it to windows antivirus exclusions list, which did not work, and to use the group...
  3. How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?: Hello, I am attempting to run nice hash on my computer as an administrator, but it gives me an error "this app has been blocked for your protection" I have googled several solutions, such as add it to windows antivirus exclusions list, which did not work, and to use the group...
  4. How can i run a program as an administrator on windows 10 home?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. windows 10: i can t run startup menu and .exe apps and windows settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10: i can t run startup menu and .exe apps and windows settings: windows 10: i can t run startup menu and .exe apps and windows settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-i-can-t-run-startup-menu-and-exe-apps/caecebd7-4196-4f5c-b767-a94cec4a9a50
  6. Error msg: This PC can't run Windows 10? But it is running Win10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error msg: This PC can't run Windows 10? But it is running Win10.: I try to do Upgrade install after boot from USB, get the Compatibility report. So I start Win normally and run setup.exe on the USB. Then I get the mysterious "This PC can't run Windows 10." error. However, the PC is running Win 10. So I can't install Win 10 with the...
  7. Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home

Unable to run exe file in WIndows 10 Home: Hi,I am trying to run exe file in Windows 10 Home Single language. But it says you are running this device in S mode and this version I can switch out of S mode. Can anyone help me?...
  8. can not preview the msg files on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not preview the msg files on windows 10.: Hi, I have just bought a new Dell computer with office 365 and windows 10, 64 bit version? I was looking for the user voice for windows , but I could not find it. I can not preview the msg files on windows 10, 64 bits version Is seems that there is no solution today : can...
  9. Windows 10 not running .exe file

Windows 10 not running .exe file: Hello, I am trying to open a specific .exe file for a program I'm trying to install. I get to Windows asking to allow for the program to make changes but after I select yes, nothing happens. I have tried things like turning off all firewalls/anti virus software, restarting...
  10. EXE files will not run in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EXE files will not run in Windows 10: Whenever I try to run "some" .exe files in Windows 10 I get the following error: ShellExecuteEx failed: code 1155. No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. How do I correct this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Msg. Windows 10 Home

2. msg.exe win 10

3. msg.exe windows 10 home

4. arguments to run msg.exe in windows 10,
  5. msg.exe for win 10 home,
  6. msg.exe loadstring failed error 15105,
  7. msg loadstring failed error 15105,
  8. run msg.exe,
  9. msg.exe windows 10,
  10. Windows 10 home msg.exe,
  11. LoadString failed Error 15105