Windows 10: Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11

Discus and support Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 pc but it is starting to fall apart literally and might get a new one soon but I want to make sure I won’t corrupt any files or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karlson at48, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11

I have a windows 10 pc but it is starting to fall apart literally and might get a new one soon but I want to make sure I won’t corrupt any files or anything

:)

Karlson at48, Aug 25, 2022

2. are all steam games available on windows 11

okay so I am two steps away from upgrading to Windows 11 and I just want to make sure that all steam games run on windows 11. so is it a good idea to play steam games in windows 11 or should I wait for a few more weeks/months?

cookiscript, Aug 25, 2022
  3. New Windows 11, many steam games will not display.

I have a new Windows 11 pc, I have Uninstalled steam, the games, reinstalled everything. I have tried using a different hard drive as well. I've read about so n e may update that turned off .net features and I followed what that article said and turned .net back on. Nothing will let most of the games play, the only game that will play is no man's sky. Don't even suggest verifying steam, or restarting the pc ior steam,,I'm well past that sort of suggestion.

Pheartok Demtar, Aug 25, 2022
  4. Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11

1. Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11 - Similar Threads - run old Starcraft

2. Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11: I have a windows 10 pc but it is starting to fall apart literally and might get a new one soon but I want to make sure I won’t corrupt any files or anything...
  3. Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I run old Starcraft, oblivion, and a few others games mostly steam on a windows 11: I have a windows 10 pc but it is starting to fall apart literally and might get a new one soon but I want to make sure I won’t corrupt any files or anything...
  4. WHEA uncorrectable error Windows for few games on steam but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA uncorrectable error Windows for few games on steam but not others: Hi There, I get a blue screen error of WHEA uncorrectable error every time I play after 10 - 15 minutes into the game.The games that give me WHEA uncorrectable error Windows are as follow:- The Sims 4- DOTA 2- Ready or NotThe game that is running well:- Mass Effects:...
  5. WHEA uncorrectable error Windows for few games on steam but not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA uncorrectable error Windows for few games on steam but not others: Hi There, I get a blue screen error of WHEA uncorrectable error every time I play after 10 - 15 minutes into the game.The games that give me WHEA uncorrectable error Windows are as follow:- The Sims 4- DOTA 2- Ready or NotThe game that is running well:- Mass Effects:...
  6. why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?: i have no clue, some games run normally but others don't. Google also runs at 1fps but the computer is fine, like, when i go to the desktop the pc runs completely fine, just google and some games have that stable 1fps, it doesn't go high or down, just 1fps...
  7. why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?: i have no clue, some games run normally but others don't. Google also runs at 1fps but the computer is fine, like, when i go to the desktop the pc runs completely fine, just google and some games have that stable 1fps, it doesn't go high or down, just 1fps...
  8. why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Steam for buying old computer games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam for buying old computer games: Hi all, I am new to this site and wanted to see if anyone could help me out. I was looking into buying some of the old computer games that I played as a child. I bought the CD disk Pajama Sam and googled how to get it to work on my desktop windows 10 computer. I tried doing...
  10. Can't Run Steam Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Run Steam Games: I just finished building my PC, and I downloaded DirectX but Im getting an alert from Xenuine with error code 00000A00/0019 and MSVCP140.dll, what do i need to download in order to run my games?...