Windows 10: Can I run programs from a USB on my work computer and not have it download to the computer...

Discus and support Can I run programs from a USB on my work computer and not have it download to the computer... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically my work has an admin/update password for downloaded software, updates or apps, etc. My question: is it possible to run programs from a usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rox-it, Feb 26, 2020.

1. /u/rox-it Win User

Can I run programs from a USB on my work computer and not have it download to the computer...

Basically my work has an admin/update password for downloaded software, updates or apps, etc.

My question: is it possible to run programs from a usb on my work computer without it trying to download to the computer itself?

I mainly want to remote over to my home Mac using Screens by Edovia.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.. thanks for your time!!

submitted by /u/rox-it
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rox-it, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

MY USB PORTS ARENT WORKING

Hello,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website and check the status of this issue.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manger
      by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting Device manager
      from the list.

• Expand the USB
      section.

• Find the USB device.

• Right click USB
      and select Uninstall.

• Select the check box
      delete the driver software for this device
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel

• Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.

• Find the USB.

• Right click USB driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    a program named G is running on my computer. What is it?

Hi,

This program can be a component on one of your Windows 10 programs. For us to help you prevent this from running, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your Windows 10 computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Can I run programs from a USB on my work computer and not have it download to the computer...

Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Can I run programs from a USB on my work computer and not have it download to the computer...

1. Can I run programs from a USB on my work computer and not have it download to the computer... - Similar Threads - run programs USB

2. I have an unknown program on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an unknown program on my computer: I have had a program called Neptunearts Tacryo/ Fine Mesvia that I have been unable to uninstall or disable. Reserching it has turned up nothing. Should I be concerned?...
  3. I have an unknown program on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an unknown program on my computer: I have had a program called Neptunearts Tacryo/ Fine Mesvia that I have been unable to uninstall or disable. Reserching it has turned up nothing. Should I be concerned?...
  4. I have an unknown program on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can I run Qbasic program on win 10 computer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I run Qbasic program on win 10 computer ?: can I run Qbasic program on win 10 computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-run-qbasic-program-on-win-10-computer/36a37ee2-48d8-4c1e-998d-dfa55889e75b
  6. Can't download a game I know my computer can run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download a game I know my computer can run: I bought age of empires 2 definitive edition last night and its telling me I dont have any devices that can run it? I checked the official game site and i have more than what i need to run this ge smoothly. Ive never had this problem from steam? Maybe i shouldn't trust...
  7. I can't run the programs I download from the internet on my Windows 10 computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't run the programs I download from the internet on my Windows 10 computer.: Recently I downloaded the installer for the program DaVinci Resolve 16. Whenever I try to run the installer it comes up with the message, " Your organization used windows defender application control to block this app." The device I am using used to run on windows 7. It was...
  8. Can I transfer a program from one computer to another computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I transfer a program from one computer to another computer: I would like to transfer a program from one computer to another https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-program-from-one-computer-to/caba67ec-37f5-48a1-9d6b-673114068e42"
  9. Can a remote desktop run a program on that computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can a remote desktop run a program on that computer?: Like run a FTP program then use it to upload files, win10 has become a pain I need to reboot it alot and my upload speeds are 70k LOL 67042
  10. Can not download/run any program from the internet.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not download/run any program from the internet.: Using windows 10 on a Surface 3. I've tried to download several programs from the internet using chrome and the explorer that comes with windows 10. It will show were it downloads and says it is complete, but it will not open and run the program. It just disappears . I have...