Windows 10: can i run win 10 from a USB on my laptop if so how can i do it?

Discus and support can i run win 10 from a USB on my laptop if so how can i do it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; can i run win 10 from a USB on my laptop if so how can i do it Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TIMMY 067, Oct 6, 2019.

1. TIMMY 067 Win User

can i run win 10 from a USB on my laptop if so how can i do it?

can i run win 10 from a USB on my laptop if so how can i do it

Thank you

:)

TIMMY 067, Oct 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Lumia 1020 running Win 8.1 is not detected by my desktop (Win 8.1) and laptop (Win 7)

Hello,

Since 2-3 weeks now, I have not been able to connect my Lumia 1020 phone to either of my machines (Win 8.1 and Win 7). Not sure what changed with either of the devices in the meantime.

I have a Lumia 1020 with the following configuration:

- Carrier: AT&T

- Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

- OS Version: 8.10.14203.306

I've tried:

- Steps listed in here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749484
    but with no success.

- Soft-resetting the phone but to no avail.

- Turning the phone all the way off. Connected the phone to the PC but drivers did not load

- Running Microsoft FixIt tool

- Steps listed in several other communities related to other users having similar problem with their Win 8 phone

Also, I do not see my phone name listed under System information. It shows my phone as an Unknown USB Device with an Exclamation mark.

Any suggestions/help?

MayankM001, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. can i run win 10 from a USB on my laptop if so how can i do it? - Similar Threads - run USB laptop

2. How do i register my laptop with Microsoft so I can unlock it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i register my laptop with Microsoft so I can unlock it?: I thought I lost my Asus Vivobook laptop and locked it from my Microsoft account. Found the device and tried to unlock it but couldn't figure out how at first and accidentally unregistered the device from my Microsoft account. I tried to reregister so I could unlock it using...
  3. How do i register my laptop with Microsoft so I can unlock it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i register my laptop with Microsoft so I can unlock it?: I thought I lost my Asus Vivobook laptop and locked it from my Microsoft account. Found the device and tried to unlock it but couldn't figure out how at first and accidentally unregistered the device from my Microsoft account. I tried to reregister so I could unlock it using...
  4. How do i register my laptop with Microsoft so I can unlock it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I fix my external USB drive so Win 11 can access the drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my external USB drive so Win 11 can access the drive?: I connected my Seagate 2TB USB external drive to a Windows 10 laptop. The system froze and the only way to recover was to force a reboot by holding down the power button. After the reboot, the USB drive was not recognized. I did not troubleshoot the issue because I had...
  6. How do I fix my external USB drive so Win 11 can access the drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my external USB drive so Win 11 can access the drive?: I connected my Seagate 2TB USB external drive to a Windows 10 laptop. The system froze and the only way to recover was to force a reboot by holding down the power button. After the reboot, the USB drive was not recognized. I did not troubleshoot the issue because I had...
  7. How can i check that my laptop can run windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i check that my laptop can run windows 11?: How can i check that my laptop can run windows 11?i have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-check-that-my-laptop-can-run-windows-11/e737e962-fb86-4de0-ba2c-df09657fc6c2
  8. How do I get Windows 10 on a USB so I can go from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get Windows 10 on a USB so I can go from Windows 7 to Windows 10?: Split from this thread. I want to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I need to install it into a USB port so that I can plug it in to this computer which is a does TOSHBA Windows 7...
  9. can i run windows 10 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can i run windows 10 on my laptop: intel I5 CPU M520 2.40 GHz 4 GB RAM 64-bit Graphic card intel HD Graphics everything else is fine except the graphic card and i'm kinda bored from windows 7 and i don't like windows 8 so ... should i upgrade to windows 10? submitted by /u/Broken_Pedestal [link]...
  10. how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I put my printer on line so that I can print from my laptop?: My laptop is saying that my wireless printer is off line how do I fix this issue? It was working fine until I changed the password on my modem/router....