Windows 10: Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?

Discus and support Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting emails from Microsoft telling me that my PC running W10 is not protected “Real-time protection was turned off on the Windows device …”... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlbertMcMullan, May 22, 2023.

1. Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?

I keep getting emails from Microsoft telling me that my PC running W10 is not protected “Real-time protection was turned off on the Windows device …” every time I turn it on. I’m running McAfee Toral Protection and as expected Windows tells me that ‘No action is necessary’. Emails are a real nuisance.

:)

AlbertMcMullan, May 22, 2023

2. Can Windows 10 run Windows Defender, McAfee AntiVirus & Malwarebytes Pro at the same time?

Windows Defender & your Time Warner/McAfee freebie are incompatible.

• If the McAfee application is installed, Windows Defender should be disabled - as would have been the case when you were running Windows 8.1. If that is NOT the case, something's wrong with your (newest) computer.

• Ideally, you would have (a) uninstalled the Time Warner/McAfee freebie and then (b) downloaded/run the
      McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool & rebooted (c) BEFORE you upgraded to Win10.
    • If the Win8(.1) computer came with a McAfee free-trial or a Norton free-trial preinstalled, things get MUCH more complicated!

MBAM Premium includes realtime protection which is generally considered incompatible with Windows Defender as well as McAfee applications.

• How long has MBAM been installed? Has MBAM ever detected & quarantined anything since it's been installed?

OT: I remember when you were running WinXP, Jeff!

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 22, 2023
  3. Conflict between McAfee and Windows Defender

Did you ask McAfee support (http://service.mcafee.com/) and/or in their forum (McAfee Support Community)?

Try to

In case Windows Defender is still not disabled after doing the above steps, either

disable Windows Defender manually (see the Answer-marked post of GreginMich in

this
    thread)

or

use a REG file (see Option 2 here: Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 )

Jsssssssss, May 22, 2023
  4. Bob_610 Win User

Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?

Can I Run Widows Defender Alongside McAfee?

I upgraded to Widows 10 some time ago and my antivirus etc protection simply continued through McAfee provided through BT NetProtect with no issues, I didn't believe windows defender was running as my understanding was McAfee disabled it as part of the McAfee
    install because you should not have 2 AV programs running real time simultaneously.

Suddenly the other day Windows Defender pops into life and is now running on my PC as well. I have no idea what I did to activate it, but is this a problem or should I turn one of them off?

Bob_610, May 22, 2023
Thema:

Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?

1. Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee? - Similar Threads - run Defender while

2. Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?: I keep getting emails from Microsoft telling me that my PC running W10 is not protected “Real-time protection was turned off on the Windows device …” every time I turn it on. I’m running McAfee Toral Protection and as expected Windows tells me that ‘No action is necessary’....
  3. Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?: I keep getting emails from Microsoft telling me that my PC running W10 is not protected “Real-time protection was turned off on the Windows device …” every time I turn it on. I’m running McAfee Toral Protection and as expected Windows tells me that ‘No action is necessary’....
  4. How do I remove McAfee and get Windows Defender firewall running?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove McAfee and get Windows Defender firewall running?: My McAfee free month that was preinstalled is over and I want to remove it and turn on my Windows Defender firewall but when I try to delete McAfee, it says I need administrative permission. I am the sole owner and user of this PC. How do I access and set myself up as the...
  5. McAfee won't run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    McAfee won't run: It appears after prerelease 200828-1431, my McAfee Live Safe won't launch. The only thing that it will do is verify my subscription. Everything else just flashes the McAfee start up panel for a second, then disappears. Anyone else experience this or know the problem...
  6. Mcafee is wanting to download renewal? I run Defender.

Mcafee is wanting to download renewal? I run Defender.: Mcafee say my subscription ran out and wants me to download something. I am not running Mcafee on my computer. Says it is needed to prevent malware. I run Defender regularly. I just ran a full scan of Microsoft Safety Scanner and it did not find anything. This Mcafee screen...
  7. Windows defender can not run

Windows defender can not run: i can not able to open windows defender plz help me[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-can-not-run/5e81ca68-bac8-471a-be11-f97db22d4e78
  8. Unable to run a program(McAfee)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run a program(McAfee): Recently, I've installed McAfee in my computer but it was unable to run and therefore I contacted their technician to fix this. After troubleshoting my computer and couple times of reinstalling McAfee, the issue still exists. The technician said it was due to the OS issue...
  9. Unwanted McAfee services running

Unwanted McAfee services running: HP Envy laptop I never had mcafee products. I use Norton. But I found the following exe files in my task manager: "Processes" McAfee Core Firewall Service McAfee Management Service McAfee Management Service Host McAfee Process Validation Service "Services"...
  10. Can NOT run Windows Defender

Can NOT run Windows Defender: I have been trying to run Windows Defender as my antivirus. After doing a search in my browser, I was instructed to search in Windows using "Windows Defender" and Select "Windows Defender". That should open up something that looks like MSE used to look. That does NOT...