Windows 10: Can I safely change OS volume's label name?

Discus and support Can I safely change OS volume's label name? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I'm not sure about if I change OS volume partition label name, there will or won't occur issues with windows system files. But I know the risk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Salai Aung Myint Myat, Mar 16, 2019 at 4:37 AM.

1. Can I safely change OS volume's label name?

Hi!

I'm not sure about if I change OS volume partition label name, there will or won't occur issues with windows system files.

But I know the risk when changing OS drive letter(Default C:) can have issue with software apps that was selected directory when installation.

Please, I want to make sure about that and know exactly.

Thanks,

Salai Aung Myint Myat

:)

Salai Aung Myint Myat, Mar 16, 2019 at 4:37 AM
  2. smig Win User

Volume Label...

you can change the name (label) of the HD later, just as you change any other file's name

3. Volume Label...

I was installing win98 on an old computer and I formated the HDD and got this message:

Volume label (11 characters, ENTER for none)?

What does that mean?

Franklinwallbrown, Mar 16, 2019 at 4:41 AM
  4. Can I safely change OS volume's label name?

name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Thema:

Can I safely change OS volume's label name?

1. Can I safely change OS volume's label name? - Similar Threads - safely change volume's

2. How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?: I am trying to change the font style in the icon labels on my desktop. Where could I find that control? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-icon-label-font-on-my-desktop/05486864-d058-4b99-8a25-9cdc5587fb94
  3. How can I change the user's name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the user's name?: How can I change the user's mane on my laptop? From the initial installation it simply inserted my email and I simply can't find the way to change the name what appears when I open my laptop....
  4. Can I change Bluetooth connected device's name?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I change Bluetooth connected device's name?: I use a wireless adapter in my office to project my screen using Bluetooth to another device. But all the adapters used in my office have the same names and when I select a device to connect to I don’t know which is mine. So, please can I change the device name to keep my...
  5. Timeline Using Mobo Name not PC name how can i change

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline Using Mobo Name not PC name how can i change: Windows 10 Timeline uses the MOBO name not the PC name!!How can I make WIndows 10 Timeline use the PC name? It seems stupid to use the motherboard name as many people will have no idea. [img] [img] *Huh 109861
  6. Can I change my user name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I change my user name?: My Win7 laptop developed a problem when trying to access the Internet. The local support firm determined it was a virus and said they could track it down, but it could take some time. Because I have all of my personal data backed up and time is money, I said forget that -...
  7. Can I change Monitor(s) Names?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I change Monitor(s) Names?: Hello ALL: We have a system with 2 monitors...actually they are about the same 22 inch ACER Monitors. My wife wants to change the names to LEFT and RIGHT, but one shows as Generic. Is there a way to change the NAME of each? 102338
  8. Can I change the name of a PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I change the name of a PC: Hi I have four PCs on my home network, all show up as a number, I guess it is the digital identifier of the machine but it is difficult to remember which is which. Can I right click/rename the link that shows up so I know which PC I am working on? Appreciate any...
  9. Can I change OS then change back to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I change OS then change back to Windows 10?: Hello, I recently found out that Steam, (an app that I absolutely adore) has an OS, it looks amazing, but since it's still in beta and I'm not the biggest tech-head, I'm wondering if do want to try SteamOS, will I be able to come back to Windows 10? Thanks for any help,...
  10. Can I Change the Name of a Tile that I created myself?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Change the Name of a Tile that I created myself?: Having just Created a Tile, for a Forum I contribute to. Going by the Name on the Tile It isn't immediately obvious which Forum it is, as instead it seems to contain their Favourite Slogan. The Same applies to 'Tiles' I've created for Web Sites, where the Name on the...