Windows 10: Can I safely change OS volume's label name?

Discus and support Can I safely change OS volume's label name? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I'm not sure about if I change OS volume partition label name, there will or won't occur issues with windows system files. But I know the risk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Salai Aung Myint Myat, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Can I safely change OS volume's label name?

Hi!

I'm not sure about if I change OS volume partition label name, there will or won't occur issues with windows system files.

But I know the risk when changing OS drive letter(Default C:) can have issue with software apps that was selected directory when installation.

Please, I want to make sure about that and know exactly.

Thanks,

Salai Aung Myint Myat

:)

Salai Aung Myint Myat, Mar 16, 2019
  2. smig Win User

Volume Label...

you can change the name (label) of the HD later, just as you change any other file's name

3. Volume Label...

I was installing win98 on an old computer and I formated the HDD and got this message:

Volume label (11 characters, ENTER for none)?

What does that mean?

Franklinwallbrown, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Can I safely change OS volume's label name?

name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Can I safely change OS volume's label name?

1. Can I safely change OS volume's label name? - Similar Threads - safely change volume's

2. Change the name of a Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the name of a Volume: Split from this thread. To change the name of a volume on your computer, you can follow these steps:Open Finder and go to the "Devices" section on the left-hand side of the window.Find the volume that you want to rename and right-click on it.Select "Get Info" from the...
  3. Change the name of a Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the name of a Volume: Split from this thread. To change the name of a volume on your computer, you can follow these steps:Open Finder and go to the "Devices" section on the left-hand side of the window.Find the volume that you want to rename and right-click on it.Select "Get Info" from the...
  4. The file name , directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The file name , directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: I am getting this error while installing a driver for a microcontroller programmer. I have tried many methods like changing drive, renaming the setup or folder but nothing works for me. I tried installing the same driver on another computer having Win10 , there it works fine....
  5. The file name , directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

The file name , directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: [ATTACH]I am getting this error while installing a driver for a microcontroller programmer. I have tried many methods like changing the drive, renaming the setup or folder but nothing works for me. I tried installing the same driver on another computer having Win10, there it...
  6. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: Whenever I boot my computer a pop up appears saying 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect'. This is the error shown: [ATTACH]...
  7. Log on want to change Label name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log on want to change Label name.: Dear Sirs I want to change the label log on name, but I got stuck.. cant find it how to change that log on name. the screen shot, I upload some screen shot image for your refs, need your help give us more info. file name screen shot as sequences below.. I put that files...
  8. Drive name shown in Explorer is different from volume label

Drive name shown in Explorer is different from volume label: I have an external USB drive with the volume label "HDD-2." But when I connect it, Explorer shows the name as "Toshiba Canvio Hard Drive." [img] If I attempt to rename it in Explorer (right click -> Rename), the name reverts to "Toshiba Canvio Hard Drive" as soon as I hit...
  9. Drive name shown in Explorer is different from volume label

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive name shown in Explorer is different from volume label: I have an external USB drive with the volume label "HDD-2." But when I connect it, Explorer shows the name as "Toshiba Canvio Hard Drive." [img] If I attempt to rename it in Explorer (right click -> Rename), the name reverts to "Toshiba Canvio Hard Drive" as soon as I hit...
  10. Change Drive Label Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Drive Label Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Drive Label Name in Windows 10 How to Rename Drive Label in Windows 10 A drive name or drive label is a unique name of up to 32 (NTFS) or 11 (FAT) characters assigned to a drive, disc, or other media connected to the computer. Every drive and storage...