Windows 10: Can I safely delete any of these programs

Discus and support Can I safely delete any of these programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There , Doing a clean up of my disk space I came across a few programs/apps from Microsoft that appear just to be updates.Can I delete past copies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndrewCole7, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Can I safely delete any of these programs

Hi There , Doing a clean up of my disk space I came across a few programs/apps from Microsoft that appear just to be updates.Can I delete past copies 2005 - 2013 from the list , and just keep most recent one ?

:)

AndrewCole7, Dec 25, 2021

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 25, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 25, 2021
  4. scherz0 Win User

Can I safely delete any of these programs

Safe to delete Apps.ppkg?

The following's copied and pasted from windows 10 - Safe to delete Apps.ppkg? - Super User.
    ―――――
    1. I must reduce HD disk space. How safe is deleting Apps.ppkg? Its size is 3.6 GB. I use Windows 10. I must double check because another program file usmt.ppkg MUST NOT be deleted.

2. I read this abstruse explanation of Apps.ppkg, but I don't understand it. Please explain it like I'm 5?

It doesn't clearly advise if deleting is safe. In actuality, the last sentence suggests that deletion ISN'T safe — because if deleting is safe, why would you need make "a backup of the file on external storage"???

scherz0, Dec 25, 2021
Thema:

Can I safely delete any of these programs

1. Can I safely delete any of these programs - Similar Threads - safely delete programs

2. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I safely delete boot.wim?: I am trying to clean up my small SSD drive, and see a 4GB file called "boot.wim". Is it safe to just delete this file? Or is it important for windows to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-bootwim/d22322d2-384e-48e7-b33c-b46ae3866a0f
  3. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I safely delete boot.wim?: I am trying to clean up my small SSD drive, and see a 4GB file called "boot.wim". Is it safe to just delete this file? Or is it important for windows to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-bootwim/d22322d2-384e-48e7-b33c-b46ae3866a0f
  4. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I safely delete any of these programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I safely delete any of these programs: Hi There , Doing a clean up of my disk space I came across a few programs/apps from Microsoft that appear just to be updates.Can I delete past copies 2005 - 2013 from the list , and just keep most recent one ?...
  6. Can I safely delete any of these programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I safely delete any of these programs: Hi There , Doing a clean up of my disk space I came across a few programs/apps from Microsoft that appear just to be updates.Can I delete past copies 2005 - 2013 from the list , and just keep most recent one ?...
  7. can I delete any of these?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can I delete any of these?: can I delete any of these? [img] 173682
  8. what is this? can I delete it safely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? can I delete it safely?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mozesty_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k19n5k/what_is_this_can_i_delete_it_safely/
  9. I can not run any program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can not run any program: I have installed Windows 10.but none of the program i can run.only open files. not even google chrome or any other dekstop program r working.what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-run-any-program/85c66dc3-7a26-4543-8122-4fa9d5eb6427
  10. Can I safely delete install.wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I safely delete install.wim?: I'm cleaning out unnecessary files and folders and came across my C drive. Since I have created my own custom recovery partition, can I safely delete this install.wim that is currently setting in my C drive and using 9GB? 115022