Windows 10: Can I safely delete install.wim?

Discus and support Can I safely delete install.wim? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm cleaning out unnecessary files and folders and came across my C drive. Since I have created my own custom recovery partition, can I safely delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Can I safely delete install.wim?

I'm cleaning out unnecessary files and folders and came across my C drive. Since I have created my own custom recovery partition, can I safely delete this install.wim that is currently setting in my C drive and using 9GB?

:)

vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

PhysX drivers (Safe to delete?)

There a couple of games that will not work w/o physx installed, otherwise its safe to delete.

thraxed, Jul 29, 2018
  3. johnspack Win User
    Compacting a wim file?

Sorry, no idea where to put this. I just recently learned how to use dism. I use it to slipstream all hotfixes and ie10 ect into an AIO install disc. The problem is, it creates a huge install.wim after 8 index mounts and slipstreams. Considering all 8 images use the same darn wim and files, don't know why it has to increase the wim size by 1gig. Either I need to figure out how to use the same wim.install file for all indexes, or I need to compact the wim file which is now 4gbs with ie10 and all updates to April. Any way to do either?

johnspack, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Can I safely delete install.wim?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Can I safely delete install.wim?

1. Can I safely delete install.wim? - Similar Threads - safely delete install

2. Can I safely delete folders in the root?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I safely delete folders in the root?: I recently got a disk space shortage notification. So I checked the disk usage and found there three folders took very large space:~30 GB for AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OfficeFileCache5\0\0\~20 GB for C:\Symbols\ and C:\symcache -> there two folders seem related...
  3. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I safely delete boot.wim?: I am trying to clean up my small SSD drive, and see a 4GB file called "boot.wim". Is it safe to just delete this file? Or is it important for windows to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-bootwim/d22322d2-384e-48e7-b33c-b46ae3866a0f
  4. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I safely delete boot.wim?: I am trying to clean up my small SSD drive, and see a 4GB file called "boot.wim". Is it safe to just delete this file? Or is it important for windows to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-safely-delete-bootwim/d22322d2-384e-48e7-b33c-b46ae3866a0f
  5. Can I safely delete boot.wim?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can I safely delete any of these programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I safely delete any of these programs: Hi There , Doing a clean up of my disk space I came across a few programs/apps from Microsoft that appear just to be updates.Can I delete past copies 2005 - 2013 from the list , and just keep most recent one ?...
  7. Can I safely delete any of these programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I safely delete any of these programs: Hi There , Doing a clean up of my disk space I came across a few programs/apps from Microsoft that appear just to be updates.Can I delete past copies 2005 - 2013 from the list , and just keep most recent one ?...
  8. Can I safely delete any of these programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. what is this? can I delete it safely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? can I delete it safely?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mozesty_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k19n5k/what_is_this_can_i_delete_it_safely/
  10. Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?: I just reinstalled Office 2010 and all 50 updates since Service Pack 2. Wise Disk Cleaner finds 1GB of Office 2010 related files in the Windows Installer Cache in several folders under C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00004119110000000000000000F01FEC\ Windows Disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i delete .wim files

2. can I delete a wim file?

3. unable to delete wim file

4. can i delete .wim file,
  5. Is it safe to delete WIM File,
  6. can you safely delete install.wim,
  7. is it safe to delete install.wim file,
  8. can i delete wim files,
  9. winucrd.wim is it safe to delete