Can I safely delete install.wim?

Discus and support Can I safely delete install.wim? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm cleaning out unnecessary files and folders and came across my C drive. Since I have created my own custom recovery partition, can I safely delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

I'm cleaning out unnecessary files and folders and came across my C drive. Since I have created my own custom recovery partition, can I safely delete this install.wim that is currently setting in my C drive and using 9GB?

:)

vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018
  2. thraxed Win User

PhysX drivers (Safe to delete?)

There a couple of games that will not work w/o physx installed, otherwise its safe to delete.

thraxed, Jul 29, 2018
  3. johnspack Win User
    Compacting a wim file?

Sorry, no idea where to put this. I just recently learned how to use dism. I use it to slipstream all hotfixes and ie10 ect into an AIO install disc. The problem is, it creates a huge install.wim after 8 index mounts and slipstreams. Considering all 8 images use the same darn wim and files, don't know why it has to increase the wim size by 1gig. Either I need to figure out how to use the same wim.install file for all indexes, or I need to compact the wim file which is now 4gbs with ie10 and all updates to April. Any way to do either?

johnspack, Jul 29, 2018
  4. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I safely delete install.wim? - Similar Threads - safely delete install

2. I am not able to add new bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not able to add new bluetooth devices: I bougth my ASUS ROG GL503VD laptop a month ago and have been using it without any issues. Yesterday, I was prompted to install the 1803 OS update and I did, but it took a lot of time to install. Today, using my laptop, when trying to add a bluetooth keyboard, noticed this...
  3. Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?: Windows 10 just doesn't seem to update from the 1703 version to a newer one. It started about a month ago; the update would start normally, but it'd eventually fail after reaching a certain percentage of completion. It'd then reboot back to the previous version. But then one...
  4. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  5. i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc: hello guys i want to create a new user for my kids https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-want-to-add-a-new-user-for-my-kids-in-the-pc/49651e3b-78c9-4351-8a2e-2abb8ec0e92a
  6. Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?: I have tried 10 times by now and it always gets stuck at 75%. What happens at 75%? I would like to know! While looking for a solution I have only come across a million other posts regarding issues with update 1803. This makes me think nobody actually has been able to...
  7. I get random blue screens all the time the included solution does not work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get random blue screens all the time the included solution does not work!: I get random blue screens with a crash code bad_pool_caller. I checked the Microsoft Support website but the included solution does not help (check if all of your drivers are updated) they werent but I updated them and its still happening I tried some other things for example...
  8. I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!: I am sick of trying to fix this stupid error. I was able to play games on this laptop before but now when i go on steam and try to play them it gives me this error. [ATTACH] I have tried to "Instal Dierct X again. Checked DxDiag, and checked if my drivers up to date"....
  9. Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?: Like to Create Full backups From CMD command can i ? 115978
  10. I have Windows 10 Software. Does USB 3.0 work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have Windows 10 Software. Does USB 3.0 work?: Does Windows 10 support USB 3.0? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-have-windows-10-software-does-usb-30-work/f599120f-a2b2-4c32-8b92-0f1bc6b889e0