Windows 10: Can I safely format this drive? (details in comments)

Discus and support Can I safely format this drive? (details in comments) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpinalSnowCat [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpinalSnowCat, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Can I safely format this drive? (details in comments)

/u/SpinalSnowCat, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 21, 2020
  4. NanTWO Win User

Can I safely format this drive? (details in comments)

want to Format a La Cie External Drive Because the Software Genie 9 has too many versions of backup.

I pushed

{ No } by Accident Think it would let me comment SO HERES GOES THE COMMENT CALLING LA CIE first THEY HAD A WEB SITE WHICH SET UP IN THE BEGINNING MAY NEED THERE HELP??? TO UNFORMAT AND RE FORMAT

IF YOU LIKE i WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

Thanks So Much for your Reply

Nan

NanTWO, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Can I safely format this drive? (details in comments)

1. Can I safely format this drive? (details in comments) - Similar Threads - safely format drive

2. How to turn comment details on by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn comment details on by default: Hi, At work, my coworkers and I have started to add comments in the document's properties in file explorer to have better traceability and hopefully cut down on confusion. An issue we are running into though is every time file explorer is closed and reopened or we navigate...
  3. How to turn comment details on by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn comment details on by default: Hi, At work, my coworkers and I have started to add comments in the document's properties in file explorer to have better traceability and hopefully cut down on confusion. An issue we are running into though is every time file explorer is closed and reopened or we navigate...
  4. How to turn comment details on by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need help with multiples issues(details in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with multiples issues(details in comments): submitted by /u/Hasheeem [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kz28az/i_need_help_with_multiples_issuesdetails_in/
  6. USB showing as multiple drives when plugged in (details in comments)

USB showing as multiple drives when plugged in (details in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nawker119 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7x7qr/usb_showing_as_multiple_drives_when_plugged_in/
  7. Is my SSD failing? Details in comments

Is my SSD failing? Details in comments: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/feustatiufilaret [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5jjgu/is_my_ssd_failing_details_in_comments/
  8. What happens if I click yes (detailed in the comment)

What happens if I click yes (detailed in the comment): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fanyasy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5k58b/what_happens_if_i_click_yes_detailed_in_the/
  9. Why does this happen and can i fix it. (More details in comments)

Why does this happen and can i fix it. (More details in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f54vyh/why_does_this_happen_and_can_i_fix_it_more/
  10. Can I safely format a ramsomware infected laptop hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I safely format a ramsomware infected laptop hard drive?: Calling all Windows 10 security gurus. I am seeking help with the vulnerabilities -- if any -- I might encounter by doing the following: A. Remove the hard drive from a neighbor's laptop infected with ransomware. B. Then connect it to my Dell desktop with a USB to SATA...