Windows 10: Can I safely Remove one of these printers?

Discus and support Can I safely Remove one of these printers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone tell me if it's safe to remove one of these duplicate printers? Because I had so much trouble installing the drivers, I'm afraid to touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by liannawright, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Can I safely Remove one of these printers?

Can someone tell me if it's safe to remove one of these duplicate printers? Because I had so much trouble installing the drivers, I'm afraid to touch anything. see previous problem I don't know which one is the right one to remove....I have a HP Deskjet 2755.

:)

liannawright, Jun 15, 2021

2. Hp 3520 printer can't remove

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can uninstall the printer software from your system:

Step 1: Remove the printer from the devices list.

Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows
    Devices and Printers.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.

• Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Right-click the printer icon (
      Can I safely Remove one of these printers? c01514371.gif
      ) for your printer, and then click
      Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

• If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Step 2: Locating the List of Installed Printer Drivers and removing them.

Follow the steps below:

1. Select Device and Printers
    from Control Panel.

2. Click one time on the printer which you want to uninstall, then click the
    Print Server Properties button in the horizontal blue bar at the top of the window.

3. Click the
    Drivers
    tab at the top of this window.

4. click the old printer driver you want to remove, then click the
    Remove button at the bottom of the window.

5. Click the option to the left of
    Remove driver and driver package, then click the OK button.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Jun 15, 2021
  4. dogfonos Win User

Can I safely Remove one of these printers?

Old printer installation gives Status:Error

Denis - I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by: " I suggest you click on your Start menu's HP group..."

However, I carried out your steps 2 and 3 and removed the printer then restarted the PC and the printer returned so nothing achieved. Could you please elaborate on step 1, thanks.

dogfonos, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Can I safely Remove one of these printers?

1. Can I safely Remove one of these printers? - Similar Threads - safely Remove printers

2. How can I finish removing a printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I finish removing a printer?: I was struggling to get my HP 3700 back on line and decided to REMOVE it in the Printers and Scanners screen. But for some reason it's stuck in "Removing a device." I shut down the computer and may have shut it down in the middle of the removal, but I'd waited quite a long...
  3. How can I finish removing a printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I finish removing a printer?: I was struggling to get my HP 3700 back on line and decided to REMOVE it in the Printers and Scanners screen. But for some reason it's stuck in "Removing a device." I shut down the computer and may have shut it down in the middle of the removal, but I'd waited quite a long...
  4. How can I finish removing a printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I safely stop/remove device?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I safely stop/remove device?!: My Windows 10 pc went into partial sleep mode when my external HDD was plugged into a USB port. When I woke it back up, and clicked icon to safely remove, got error message saying device isn't recognized. How can I safely stop and remove the device now?...
  6. How can I safely stop/remove device?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I safely stop/remove device?!: My Windows 10 pc went into partial sleep mode when my external HDD was plugged into a USB port. When I woke it back up, and clicked icon to safely remove, got error message saying device isn't recognized. How can I safely stop and remove the device now?...
  7. How can I safely stop/remove device?!

8. What is UNCServer.exe? Is it safe? Can I remove it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is UNCServer.exe? Is it safe? Can I remove it?: [ATTACH]If you are seeing a process named UNCServer.exe in the Task Manager of your Windows 11/10 computer are wondering what it is and if it is safe, then this post is sure to interest you. What is UNCServer.exe and why is it running? UNC is an abbreviation of the Universal...
  9. Can the Panther file be safely removed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can the Panther file be safely removed?: Can the Panther file be safely removed?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-panther-file-be-safely-removed/07371fbf-42fc-4abf-98bd-983316f8b48c"
  10. Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay

Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay: I don't play games Have separate tools to view/edit images and videos and for taking notes. Use Outlook 2016 Don't use Skype am thinking of removing the yellow marked apps. Is there a chance of running into issues some time in future? Probably not, but better safe than...