Windows 10: Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

Discus and support Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using a Dell M6800 laptop/workstation and might be having a problem with the latest BIOS A26. Will I cause any harm to my system by trying out BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

I'm using a Dell M6800 laptop/workstation and might be having a problem with the latest BIOS A26. Will I cause any harm to my system by trying out BIOS A25? For my issue, I believe this is the last resort. If it fixes the problem, OK. If it doesn't fix the problem, I believe I can always revert to BIOS A26 (the latest). Comments please? Thank you.....

:)

Nisko, Oct 11, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 11, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Amd dual bios switch goes which way?

It changes from card to card. I have a Sapphire card where BIOS switch at output side is in "safe mode", and BIOS is locked up tight, nearly impossible to flash.

But, I just built a system with a Powercolor card, and it was the opposite.

I suggest you get into windows, then flip the switch to the position with the "broken" BIOS, and re-flash that BIOS.

cadaveca, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

1. Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25? - Similar Threads - safely switch BIOS

2. Can the BIOS be safely downgraded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the BIOS be safely downgraded?: I updated my BIOS today since it said it was "critical" Now, my trackpad is not working the same way. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-bios-be-safely-downgraded/ca8a12bb-dc18-475e-8075-2793dafd4025
  3. Can the BIOS be safely downgraded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the BIOS be safely downgraded?: I updated my BIOS today since it said it was "critical" Now, my trackpad is not working the same way. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-bios-be-safely-downgraded/ca8a12bb-dc18-475e-8075-2793dafd4025
  4. Can the BIOS be safely downgraded?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can i safely change my BIOS from UEFI with CSM to UEFI only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i safely change my BIOS from UEFI with CSM to UEFI only?: Hello,I really want to turn on Secure Boot, but that is not possible if my BIOS is UEFI with CSM and not UEFI only. I have checked my drives2 and they are both GPT and not MBR. As for Secure Boot itself, in the BIOS it says it's enabled, but obviously it doesn't show up while...
  6. Can i safely change my BIOS from UEFI with CSM to UEFI only?

Can i safely change my BIOS from UEFI with CSM to UEFI only?: Hello,I really want to turn on Secure Boot, but that is not possible if my BIOS is UEFI with CSM and not UEFI only. I have checked my drives2 and they are both GPT and not MBR. As for Secure Boot itself, in the BIOS it says it's enabled, but obviously it doesn't show up while...
  7. How can I, switch safely?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I, switch safely?: I have a, laptop computer. Running, Windows 10.I am currently, using Google Drive. For my Cloud backup. But, price.And, for. Many, different reasons. I would, prefer to switch.There are many alternatives, to Google Drive. But, I would like. An MVP's, opinion. Which would be,...
  8. How can I, switch safely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I, switch safely?: I have a, laptop computer. Running, Windows 10.I am currently, using Google Drive. For my Cloud backup. But, price.And, for. Many, different reasons. I would, prefer to switch.There are many alternatives, to Google Drive. But, I would like. An MVP's, opinion. Which would be,...
  9. How can I, switch safely?

10. Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?: I'm using a Dell M6800 laptop/workstation and might be having a problem with the latest BIOS A26. Will I cause any harm to my system by trying out BIOS A25? For my issue, I believe this is the last resort. If it fixes the problem, OK. If it doesn't fix the problem, I believe...