Windows 10: Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

Discus and support Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using a Dell M6800 laptop/workstation and might be having a problem with the latest BIOS A26. Will I cause any harm to my system by trying out BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

I'm using a Dell M6800 laptop/workstation and might be having a problem with the latest BIOS A26. Will I cause any harm to my system by trying out BIOS A25? For my issue, I believe this is the last resort. If it fixes the problem, OK. If it doesn't fix the problem, I believe I can always revert to BIOS A26 (the latest). Comments please? Thank you.....

:)

Nisko, Oct 11, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 11, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Amd dual bios switch goes which way?

It changes from card to card. I have a Sapphire card where BIOS switch at output side is in "safe mode", and BIOS is locked up tight, nearly impossible to flash.

But, I just built a system with a Powercolor card, and it was the opposite.

I suggest you get into windows, then flip the switch to the position with the "broken" BIOS, and re-flash that BIOS.

cadaveca, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

1. Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25? - Similar Threads - safely switch BIOS

2. Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I safely switch from BIOS A26 to A25?: I'm using a Dell M6800 laptop/workstation and might be having a problem with the latest BIOS A26. Will I cause any harm to my system by trying out BIOS A25? For my issue, I believe this is the last resort. If it fixes the problem, OK. If it doesn't fix the problem, I believe...
  3. Can I switch from Visual Basic to Visual Studio?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I switch from Visual Basic to Visual Studio?: When I (70) stopped programming 30 years ago, Visual Basic was still around. Now my ambition has gripped me again and I want to continue a project from back then, which failed because of too little computing power. It is about similarity determination of strings. What I need...
  4. I want to switch from MBR (BIOS) to GPT (UEFI)

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to switch from MBR (BIOS) to GPT (UEFI): Hello everyone, I have Samsung EVO 860 SSD, I have Windows 10 and partition style is MBR, while my second HDD I bought few days ago is in GPT and his size is 2TB The reason I want to switch my OS and my main SSD where the OS is located in general to GPT is that I heard it's...
  5. Which can i safely uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which can i safely uninstall: I'm trying to free up space, besides system files there is apps and games though I deleted everything I downloaded from my C drive to save space. I have 3.25 gb worth of apps and games, all pre-installed. Is there any I can delete that wont effect my computer. If needed I...
  6. How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?: Hello everyone, I recently had an issue with my Sony Vaio SVJ202A11L where the config files were corrupted and decided that a clean install of Windows 10 was the best option. My device was using UEFI at the time and from the UEFI firmware UI I set the boot order to external...
  7. How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I switch from Legacy BIOS to UEFI?: Hello everyone, I recently had an issue with my Sony Vaio SVJ202A11L where the config files were corrupted and decided that a clean install of Windows 10 was the best option. My device was using UEFI at the time and from the UEFI firmware UI I set the boot order to external...
  8. How do i switch the firmware to BIOS from EFI?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i switch the firmware to BIOS from EFI?: When trying to restore windows after a crash I get the error message "This PC is running EFI and the PC that created the restore ran on BIOS" this is after of course trying to salvage my situation a myriad of other ways, is it as simple as switching the firmware and if so how...
  9. How can I switch to WIFI from Ethernet instantly??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I switch to WIFI from Ethernet instantly??: Hi, I run an Ethernet cable to my modem for my Windows 10 PC. But unfortunately I have a lot of drop outs where the internet just stops (something I am taking up with my provider) and I have a pocket wifi to use as a back up. My PC can find the wifi and connect but the...
  10. Can I switch from Win8 x32 to Win10 x64?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I switch from Win8 x32 to Win10 x64?: I've been wanting to switch to x64 to take advantage of the extra RAM I have. I figured an OS upgrade will be a good time to do that. So do I need to install Win8 x64 now to get the Win10 x64 download/upgrade? It would easier to just do a clean install of Win10 x64...