Windows 10: Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...

Discus and support Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Our new HP Envy laptop 16-h0003na with Windows 11 has built in battery and I would prefer to use it connected to AC power as having to charge the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Janet Harrison, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...

Our new HP Envy laptop 16-h0003na with Windows 11 has built in battery and I would prefer to use it connected to AC power as having to charge the battery at least twice a day. I have had a lot of different advice saying that leaving the power on will cause the battery to swell which I accept. I was then told it was a good idea to charge the battery when it got down to 40% and then stop charging when it got to 80%. This is causing us not to use the laptop much which is ridiculous. My last HP laptop had a removeable battery so that was easily sorted! We need to use the laptop a lot - prefer

:)

Janet Harrison, Jan 11, 2023
  2. Momona78 Win User

ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver missing Windows 10

Hi Andre

If I expand batteries, there is only Microsoft AC Adapter. ACPI-Compliant control method battery is not there at all.

Momona78, Jan 11, 2023
  3. Missing microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method

Hi Francis,

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery is a driver needed by Windows to communicate with your hardware. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the steps below:

• Remove the charger from your computer, then restart your device.
    • After your computer restarts, plugged in your charger. Check if the driver needed automatically reinstalled and addressed the issue.

Kindly send us a screenshot of your device manager, to provide your better assistance on addressing the issue. To send a screenshot, follow the instructions provided by
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] on this
    Forum Article

• Go to Device Manager > Expand Batteries.
    • If you can see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, double-click then screenshot the General tab.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Jan 11, 2023
  4. Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...

ACPI compliant control method battery

Hello, I was having an issue with my battery dying rather quickly, a website I found said to uninstall my ACPI compliant control method battery, and do a few more things to essentially reboot the battery. It kept dying quickly so I ordered a new battery and installed it. Ever since I uninstalled my acpi compliant control method battery the battery percentage icon has gone from my taskbar and I can not get it back. I found out I could search for hardware changes within the device manager, but I can NOT find that battery method to be able to reinstall it. What can I do????

A restore is also not an option as I've updated my laptop more than 10 days ago.

Ashley C_88, Jan 11, 2023
Thema:

Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...

1. Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC... - Similar Threads - safely ACPI Compliant

2. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: My battery is not charging. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling by restarting / hardware scan on device manager and tried holding the power button for 60 seconds hard restart but non of them are working im using asus zenbook pro duo UX582LR Windows 11 bios...
  3. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: My battery is not charging. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling by restarting / hardware scan on device manager and tried holding the power button for 60 seconds hard restart but non of them are working im using asus zenbook pro duo UX582LR Windows 11 bios...
  4. Missing Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery in...: I have a Desktop Inspiron 3268 IntelR CoreTM i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor running Windows 10 Home Version Edition, 22H2, OS Build 19045.3086, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0I recently updated Windows 10 with the...
  5. Missing Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery in...: I have a Desktop Inspiron 3268 IntelR CoreTM i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor running Windows 10 Home Version Edition, 22H2, OS Build 19045.3086, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0I recently updated Windows 10 with the...
  6. Missing Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery in...

7. Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...

Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...: Our new HP Envy laptop 16-h0003na with Windows 11 has built in battery and I would prefer to use it connected to AC power as having to charge the battery at least twice a day. I have had a lot of different advice saying that leaving the power on will cause the battery to...
  8. ACPI compliant control method battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACPI compliant control method battery: Hello, I was having an issue with my battery dying rather quickly, a website I found said to uninstall my ACPI compliant control method battery, and do a few more things to essentially reboot the battery. It kept dying quickly so I ordered a new battery and installed it. Ever...
  9. ACPI compliant control method battery

ACPI compliant control method battery: Hello, I was having an issue with my battery dying rather quickly, a website I found said to uninstall my ACPI compliant control method battery, and do a few more things to essentially reboot the battery. It kept dying quickly so I ordered a new battery and installed it. Ever...
  10. ACPI compliant control method battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware