Windows 10: Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

Discus and support Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sarah Atwa, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old programs to D: drive? even if I have to uninstall them and reinstall them??Also, in PC health check, I found the following photo, I changed all document and photos to D: drive, will it be safe to change new apps to D: drive?Some website suggested I could move some app location using Modify, is it a correct method?

:)

Sarah Atwa, Apr 15, 2022

2. save programs to Drive D

i have 2 drives (CCan I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ? :)and (DCan I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ? :). My C is ssd and its for my system or OS and its storage is limited only so i want to use my Drive D because its 1 terabyte. So what i want is that the programs (like skype, steam) that i download from google chrome or internet
    explorer to be saved in my drive D not in C.

JagjitKingra, Apr 15, 2022
  3. Jacee Win User
    C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Apr 15, 2022
  4. Maryssa22 Win User

Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

Change program download drive from C to D

My program default download drive is C, but it has much less storage space on it than my D drive. How can I change the default drive for program downloads to D so as to keep my C drive faster and functioning well.

Maryssa22, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

1. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ? - Similar Threads - save Programs drive

2. Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files: I have a desktop HP computer tha has a C: drive SSD of 237 GB . Windows 10 is loaded there and by default all Program File and Program Data. The other drive D: is a Hard drive with 931 GB. C: is almost full. How do I move all the Program Files etc to D: and only leave C: only...
  3. Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch C: drive with D: drive and move Program Files: I have a desktop HP computer tha has a C: drive SSD of 237 GB . Windows 10 is loaded there and by default all Program File and Program Data. The other drive D: is a Hard drive with 931 GB. C: is almost full. How do I move all the Program Files etc to D: and only leave C: only...
  4. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?: HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old programs to D: drive? even if I have to uninstall them and reinstall them??Also, in PC health check, I found the following photo,...
  5. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?: HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old programs to D: drive? even if I have to uninstall them and reinstall them??Also, in PC health check, I found the following photo,...
  6. Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?: i recently found out that i had a bigger drive D: in my system that wasn't activated, and I was wondering if I could move everything in the C: drive into the D: drive without messing everything up? there's hardly any space left on the C: drive while there's 500 gigabytes...
  7. C drive and D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  8. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  9. Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Most programs saving to C: drive SSD drive instead of D: HDD drive on windows 10: Hello i just got a new laptop today which has windows 10 on it. And the issue im facing is everything almost installs to my SSD drive where my OS is located rather then my 1 TB HDD. I barely get any choice to choose. Steam allowed me to change it. I've even gone to the...
  10. Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...: c drive full. d drive almost empty. Can I install computer programs into d drive? Or how do I get my c drive larger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-computer-programs-into-d-drive-my-c/925c40e4-2225-4670-9a4c-c0052f87bc8a