Windows 10: Can I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup?

Discus and support Can I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, there.I have some questions about the "System Restore Point"Some virus or command can delete "System Restore Point".I wish to protect "System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KSH_040, May 12, 2021.

1. KSH_040 Win User

Can I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup?

Hello, there.I have some questions about the "System Restore Point"Some virus or command can delete "System Restore Point".I wish to protect "System Restore Point" from those situations by backup or save that on an external drive.I want to know backup or save "System Restore Point" on an external drive is possible.or I wish to know about how protects "System Restore Point" those situationsIf it possible, I wish to get some manual too.Thanks for reading my questions.

:)

KSH_040, May 12, 2021
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, May 12, 2021
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, May 12, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CCan I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CCan I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup? - Similar Threads - save system restore

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. Restoring backup from an external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring backup from an external drive: Hello everyone! So I recently backed up my hard drive to an external drive before reinstalling Windows 10. Now that I am backed up, how can I restore the data back to its original place on my hard drive? Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/xnmvenom [link] [comments]...
  4. Can you Backup Restore points or Recover Corrupt Restore Points in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Can you Backup Restore points or Recover Corrupt Restore Points in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]System Restore Points are states of Windows OS that can be used to fix the computer if anything goes wrong. Right from missing system files […] This article Can you Backup Restore points or Recover Corrupt Restore Points in Windows 10? first appeared on...
  5. Restore or Save Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore or Save Point: Please note my System Protection is turned on. My questions are as follows: 1. When Windows 10 updates, does Windows 10 automatically create a new system restore point prior to its update? 2. If I were to manually create a new restore point now, do I click on the Create...
  6. Restore Point with External Drives

Restore Point with External Drives: Hello. I have a question about restore points with external drives. If I create a restore point into an external drive. And if I reset my Windows PC, will the restore point not be deleted from my external drive? Please leave your answers down below. I will appreciate them....
  7. How can I change restore point in system restore?

How can I change restore point in system restore?: In system restore I have tried the displayed "automatic restore point" twice with no success. How do I select a different restore point?...
  8. Is it possible to backup Restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it possible to backup Restore points?: Hi. Is it possible to backup Restore points? as i have a program that deletes them, so i would like to backup them before installation, and restore them afterwards. Thanks in advance. 57974
  9. Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup

Extract Restore Point from a System Image Backup: Hi, I'm on Win 10 Pro. I recently made a system image backup to a NETWORK drive using the powershell command admin start backup -backuptarget:\\pc\a\tsb-image-file -include:C: -exclude:c:\users\3\box*,c:\users\3\onedrive,c:\users\3\music -allCritical -vsscopy...
  10. can not create/restore system point

can not create/restore system point: Hi. can not create/restore system point. Please help, Thanks. 79135

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 restore point on external drive

2. How to save a back up restore point on an external