Windows 10: can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender

Discus and support can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, If there a tool that will allow me to scan an Office Word document to check if the Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender is a real... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Peter__Evans, Mar 31, 2020.

1. can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender

Hi,

If there a tool that will allow me to scan an Office Word document to check if the Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender is a real threat or is a legitimate Word Add-In that adds the advertised functionality?

The document contains macros to enable teachers to easily add comments and feedback to student assignments.

The document is called

eMarking-Assistant-2-2-5.doc

and it can be downloaded from

http://emarkingassistant.com/download/software-eMarking-Assistant/

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Peter

:)

Peter__Evans, Mar 31, 2020

2. trojandownloader 097m/ donoff x 2

You might not need all of these, but start at the top and reboot after each one.

Remove it with these tools. Check for updates first and then scan with each one at a time until your machine is clean.

TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility

Download TDSSKiller

RogueKiller

Download RogueKiller

SuperAntiSpyware

Remove Malware & Spyware with Anti-Malware Software | Superantispyware

AdwCleaner (Free)

Download AdwCleaner

Malwarebytes (Get the free version)

Malwarebytes Download - Free Virus Scan & Virus Protection Tool

When offered, uncheck: Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.

Junkware Removal Tool (Free)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

HitmanPro (30 day free trial)

http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro

Bruce Hagen, Mar 31, 2020
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 31, 2020
  4. can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender

"TrojanDropper:O97M/Donoff|"has been quarantined but still says to remove?

What is the complete path
    (location)
    where Windows Defender indicates that the threat resides?

What is the complete specific file.

Have a look where the file is located:

Scan results can be viewed by opening Windows Defender and looking at the last scan details. If anything was detected, it will show in the 'History' tab. If you want to see more detailed logs, you can view them in Event Viewer > Applications and Services
    Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational. If malware was detected malware, it will show as a 'Warning' with a yellow warning sign and details.

UNQUOTE

`~`

TrojanDownloader:O97M/Donoff threat description - Microsoft Security Intelligence

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender

1. can I scan a Office Word file to check Trojandownloader:097M/donoff warning from Defender - Similar Threads - scan Office Word

2. Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one: Yesterday morning running Win11 I got a Defender notice that Trojan:Win32/WinLNK!msr was found. I directed Defender to "Start Actions" and when done I rebooted. Still got the Threat Warning,I then ran each time rebooting before trying the next step the Windows Defender Quick...
  3. Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one: Yesterday morning running Win11 I got a Defender notice that Trojan:Win32/WinLNK!msr was found. I directed Defender to "Start Actions" and when done I rebooted. Still got the Threat Warning,I then ran each time rebooting before trying the next step the Windows Defender Quick...
  4. TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TrojanDownloader in OEM, Amundsen2 files.: Not too long ago I started getting blue screens of death after getting a RAM upgrade, I partially suspected it being bad, or my laptop possibly being infected with malware yet I didn't go anywhere unsafe, but I decided to fully reset my pc RAM problem has been solved as I...
  5. Windows Defender "Quick scan due" Warnings

Windows Defender "Quick scan due" Warnings: Good evening, My Windows Defender keeps bringing up a warning icon, saying "Quick scan due" when I open it. This is quite annoying as it occurs very frequently throughout the day, even though I scan it multiple times just to see a green check icon. I would understand if it...
  6. TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs.

TrojanDowloader:097M/Donoff - Seems to be happening when OneDrive runs.: Hello, I've been recently been prompted over and over again that a threat has been found. The threat being TrojanDownloader:097M/Donoff. I can only access info on the threat only if I click on the notification, which shows me the history and that 097M/Donoff has been...
  7. Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader

Windows Defender detected virus TrojanDownloader: Hey, My windows defender has started detecting a virus named 'Trojandownloader:JS/Fakepack' since yesterday. And its detecting every time I turn on to my laptop. So I just started a full scan for my system. All the files were scanned in a duration of 1 hour but 3 files were...
  8. Unable to check the drive, while scanning from Windows Defender.

Unable to check the drive, while scanning from Windows Defender.: Windows Defender does not show the Drive (DISK) LETTER that is Checking. How to make Windows Defender show the UNIT (DISK) LETTER that it is Checking ??? *** Modified from tittile from: Windows Defender***...
  9. A word of warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A word of warning: Update KB4476976 has twice knocked out my ability to connect to the DNS server. Fixed by uninstalling it. I contacted Microsoft to tell them by telephone for advice. They weren't interested. Anyone else had this problem??...
  10. Windows Defender custom scan checking too many files?

Windows Defender custom scan checking too many files?: A routine Windows Defender Full Scan picked up a Trojan. I've deleted it, but I want to check it is not getting reinstalled. So I am running a custom scan on the disc area where it appeared. However, WD appears to be scanning a much wider area. According to Explorer, the...