Windows 10: Can I schedule multiple tasks for the same app?

Discus and support Can I schedule multiple tasks for the same app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a question about running SyncToy. I have five jobs set to synchronize from folders on a 1Tb internal drive to folders on a 6Tb (3/3) external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MamaWolf, Jun 8, 2017.

1. MamaWolf Win User

Can I schedule multiple tasks for the same app?

I have a question about running SyncToy. I have five jobs set to synchronize from folders on a 1Tb internal drive to folders on a 6Tb (3/3) external drive. I am in the process of running the jobs for the first time, & will then schedule them to run every night. I am concerned about the size of the jobs & am wondering if I should set up more jobs of a smaller size.I am running Windows 10 Pro, Build 1607, 64 bit with 16 Gb Ram. I included a small graphic to show the size of my jobs to avoid a rather lengthy explanation.

Note: I have asked this question at Microsoft community & got no response.Many Thanks,

Can I schedule multiple tasks for the same app? [​IMG]

:)

MamaWolf, Jun 8, 2017
  2. Steven_87 Win User

Can I schedule a recurring task every 90 days?

I'd like to create a scheduled task that notifies me every 90 days about an event. Is this possible with the task scheduler?

I'm going to make multiple tasks with the same 90 day interval, but the start dates will be different.

If not, is there a program that can accomplish what I want?

Thanks!

Steven_87, Jun 8, 2017
  3. RobertPXW Win User
    Windows 10 automatic upgrade via task sheduler

Thanks for replying!

Okey, if i can not use task scheduler to create the thing myself, then can i somehow replicate how the "get windows 10" does it? If it can add it to task scheduler as GWX with multiple tasks then can i do it aswell?

RobertPXW, Jun 8, 2017
  4. Can I schedule multiple tasks for the same app?

Since all software that runs under a windows system (Starting with Win 3.1), is re-entrant code which means it can be running in multiple instances concurrently. The application is not the problem. What you will run into ( You haven't described how all of these drives are connected ) but you will probably run out of input/output thruput. I can only recommend that you try it, see how long it takes and if takes way to long, cut the number of tasks down by 50% and do it again serially.

I saturate my Sata6 buss moving backup files to multiple USB 3.0 external drives all of the time.

storageman, Jun 9, 2017
  5. MamaWolf Win User
    Thanks for the input. These will all be going to a NAS that is part of my network. The original runs took a long time, but I expected they would. We will see what happens.

Many Thanks,

MamaWolf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I schedule multiple tasks for the same app?

1. Can I schedule multiple tasks for the same app? - Similar Threads - schedule multiple tasks

2. How can I get task scheduler to close a program the same as clicking on the red close...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get task scheduler to close a program the same as clicking on the red close...: Taskkill is too brutal. The software I am using performs some functions when it is closed normally then it closes.Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-task-scheduler-to-close-a-program/349ce98e-2e83-4d87-bb0d-a896d9db9040
  3. How can I get task scheduler to close a program the same as clicking on the red close...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get task scheduler to close a program the same as clicking on the red close...: Taskkill is too brutal. The software I am using performs some functions when it is closed normally then it closes.Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-task-scheduler-to-close-a-program/349ce98e-2e83-4d87-bb0d-a896d9db9040
  4. How can I get task scheduler to close a program the same as clicking on the red close...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows 10 multiple scheduled tasks for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 multiple scheduled tasks for OneDrive: My temp folder regularly fills with WCT***.TMP files. I manage this with a simple bat file at start-up which opens the folder and tells me the size of the contents. From there, manual deletion is straight forwards.It would be nice if the company who wrote the software that's...
  6. WIndows 10 multiple scheduled tasks for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 multiple scheduled tasks for OneDrive: My temp folder regularly fills with WCT***.TMP files. I manage this with a simple bat file at start-up which opens the folder and tells me the size of the contents. From there, manual deletion is straight forwards.It would be nice if the company who wrote the software that's...
  7. WIndows 10 multiple scheduled tasks for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is there an app, or can I configure Task Scheduler to automatically change my Theme?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an app, or can I configure Task Scheduler to automatically change my Theme?: I just want Windows 10 to load a new theme each day or every time I log on, peferably one of the many I created myself. submitted by /u/ovalseven [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8gdhn/is_there_an_app_or_can_i_configure_task_scheduler/
  9. Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pass multiple arguments in a "basic task" in task scheduler.: In the Add arguments(optional): Can I pass two tasks to perform? add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v AppUsesLightTheme /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize /v SystemUsesLightTheme /t...
  10. How can i disable task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i disable task scheduler?: I want to be able to do the tasks when i want to so i dont need task sceduler but the only option that works changing the schedule startup to 4 but after a restart my taskbar is crippled does anyone know how to successfully turn it off? 75739

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple tasks for same application