Windows 10: can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard ?

Discus and support can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard? i googled it , but i can't find a solution thanks 40039 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drugo, Feb 6, 2016.

1. drugo Win User

can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard ?

hi

can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard?

i googled it , but i can't find a solution

thanks

:)

drugo, Feb 6, 2016

2. Start menu colors keep changing to much darker shade.

Hi,

Another observations:

The color is changes with mouse/keyboard input. When i click on start, the menu colors are generally as expected, but when i scroll up or down using the mouse wheel or keyboard then the colors start changing to the darker shade.

Wanted to share this info, incase its relevant to you.

Regards,

Paritosh

Paritoshbelekar, Feb 6, 2016
  3. PumbaaV Win User
    WIN 10 START MENU AND FILE EXPLORER AUTO SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM

I have a similar auto scoll (to the right) problem, but not with Start Menu and file Windows Explorer. It's apparently with any other windows, pull-down menus, including the volume scroll bar (when I click the volume icon to show the scroll bar, it will
    automatically scroll to the right to increase volume till it reaches max).

The problem persists after I disconnected the keyboard, changed mouse, updated and also uninstalled mouse drivers, in Safe Mode of Start Up, and also Clean Boot (following the instruction linked above). The Microsoft Safety Scan is clean. What can it
    be?

PumbaaV, Feb 6, 2016
  4. can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard ?

I also can on all my systems
    That includes laptops

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2016
  5. drugo Win User
    hi
    may i know which key of keyboard do you use?
    thanks

drugo, Feb 6, 2016
  6. okecove Win User
    i was facing a similar problem and i didnt find any solution through google. so i thought might as well fidget on my own and try something out. heres the soloution that worked for me.open your start menu and go to settings. select devices and in that mouse and touchpad. there would be an option of 'scroll inactive windows'. its probably turned off. go on and turn that on.
    worked perfectly for my system. i am using an HP. hope u see the same results *Biggrin

okecove, Feb 6, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    You should be able too. Try re-installing your Keyboard driver. Maybe its not working

OldMike65, Feb 6, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Works for me too using the up or down arrow keys. Left and right arrow keys also work in the Start Menu.

Ztruker, Feb 6, 2016
  9. drugo Win User
    hi
    it's on
    but i know how scroll with mouse or tablet or wacom tablet

i would like to know if there are keys like page down and up to scroll down and up
    thanks

drugo, Feb 6, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Page up or Down does not work, only the Arrow keys work.

Ztruker, Feb 6, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Depends which part of Start Menu you are referring to.
    If you meant the Menu Tiles, what you see is what you get.
    If you are referring to the list on the left side, you can scroll BUT only if you click the All apps option, then you will have a scroll bar on the right. Otherwise, what you see is what you get.

can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard ? [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  12. drugo Win User
    i tried ctrl+arrow up and down but it doesn't work
    thanks

drugo, Feb 6, 2016
  13. drugo Win User

hi
    i'm talking about the right part of the start menu

drugo, Feb 6, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Right side you can't scroll with keyboard.....just like David posted.

OldMike65, Feb 6, 2016
  15. drugo Win User
    thanks
    sadly i could be not done
    and sadly i can't backup and restore my start menu *Sad

drugo, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

1. can i scroll up and down the start menu with the keyboard ? - Similar Threads - scroll down start

2. Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start Menu Auto Scrolling Issues: I need help and I'm at the last straw. I have a computer that is only a year old, a CyberPower desktop, and a few days ago the start menu and other device menus began auto scrolling downward and would not release. I have done everything listed below:Uninstalled the drivers to...
  3. Start menu doesn't let me scroll down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu doesn't let me scroll down: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dxn47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnk1vg/start_menu_doesnt_let_me_scroll_down/
  4. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  5. Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]

in Cortana
    Start menu automatically scrolling up, have a controller [solved]: I have already solved this actually, but I still decide to post this so that I can help people after me having the same issue. If your start menu keep scrolling itself as if someone's holding the 'up' or 'down' key consistently, and you have a controller, check if one of...
  6. CANNOT SCROLL THRU DROP DOWN MENU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CANNOT SCROLL THRU DROP DOWN MENU: I am unable to scroll through the font drop down menu in Shutterstock Editor App. It stops on "A" fonts. I don't see a scroll bar on this drop down menu. I've tried switching browsers. Per recommendation, on windows settings, I switched off- mouse-touchpad scroll...
  7. Scrolling doesn't work on Start Menu

Scrolling doesn't work on Start Menu: It happened when I got the April update last year and since then I didn't search for a solution. But here's the issue scrolling works perfectly everywhere on my system except when I open the Start Menu scrolling doesn't work on it and I have to use the scroll bar on the side...
  8. Start menu trackpad scrolling

Start menu trackpad scrolling: Hey guys ever since the 1903 update, I can't scroll down my apps and programs in the start menu usimg the trackpad scrolling gesture, so I have to use the slider on the side which quite inconvenient, I can use the scroll wheel if I have a mouse plugged tho. Anyone know how to...
  9. Tiles Scroll Down in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tiles Scroll Down in Start Menu: I just purchased a new laptop. It's running Windows 10, which is also what my old laptop is running. With the new one, when I click the start menu, the start menu opens and the tiles "scroll down." This does not happen on my old laptop. Where is the setting that one might...
  10. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...