Windows 10: Can I see what MAC addresses have been used so far?

Discus and support Can I see what MAC addresses have been used so far? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all! I have the following problem: I purchased a ticket to connect to a Hotspot for a week that only allows 1 MAC address per ticket. Problem is, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sonofuthred, May 19, 2020.

1. Can I see what MAC addresses have been used so far?

Hi all! I have the following problem: I purchased a ticket to connect to a Hotspot for a week that only allows 1 MAC address per ticket. Problem is, I didn't realize I had the option to change MAC addresses each time I connect turned on.
    Tired of trying to communicate with customer support, I wanted to know whether there is a logfile, system command, or something in Windows 10 that would allow me to see what MAC addresses have been used previously. This way, I would change the address myself to match the one used the first (and only) time I connected.
    Does anybody know if this is possible?

:)

sonofuthred, May 19, 2020

2. Change Mac address

The MAC address is like your devices ID ,so short of being able to change very core settings ,you're not gonna be able to do anything unless I'm mistaken.

Maybe you don't need to change your MAC address, what is it you're trying to accomplish?

Spoiler: I found this change mac w/o root I can't say whether or not this is an effective method it's just a method I found after searching this topic .
    I cant say whether or not it is "safe" or if the software required is free. use at your own risk.

Change MAC Address of Android Devices without Root Access

Go to Settings>About Phone>Select Status and then make a note of the current MAC Address of your Android device.
    Download the Android Terminal Emulator application from the Google Play Store. You can directly navigate to the Android Terminal Emulator Google Play Store download page by clicking here.
    Launch the above application on your Android device and then type “IP LINK SHOW”.
    Note the interface name of your Android device from the list.
    And then type in the command below,
    ip link set interfacename XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY
    Replace interfacename with the Interface Name of your network that you noted in Step 4 above and XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY with the MAC Address you wish to set.
    And that’s it. The MAC Address of your Android device will now be modified/changed.

jboydgolfer, May 19, 2020
  3. Mac Addresses

There is a physical address list is that the same as mac address?

Of course it says it is a HW address list

matthew norvell, May 19, 2020
  4. Can I see what MAC addresses have been used so far?

Unmasking a spoofed MAC address

even if you got it, not much you can do. But yeah the only MAC in the packets would be the spoofed one. Best way to go is just keep filtering for an allowed list, and put encryption on your wireless so no1 can sniff other mac addresses.

Hybrid_theory, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Can I see what MAC addresses have been used so far?

1. Can I see what MAC addresses have been used so far? - Similar Threads - MAC addresses been

2. What happened to the MAC address?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened to the MAC address?: The NIC address is still there when I type "ipconfig," but what happened to the label "MAC?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-mac-address/28e6a2a0-8cb1-46a9-b4d1-83b98eeebdca
  3. mac address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  4. mac address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mac address: Hi, Good time Why does my system MAC address change every time I install new Windows? I really need my MAC address to stay the same. And this is the third time that it has changed with the installation of the new Windows 10. I participate in courses that provide codes...
  5. Can I see what MAC addresses have been used so far?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I see what MAC addresses have been used so far?: Hi all! I have the following problem: I purchased a ticket to connect to a Hotspot for a week that only allows 1 MAC address per ticket. Problem is, I didn't realize I had the option to change MAC addresses each time I connect turned on. Tired of trying to communicate with...
  6. Where can I find what my MAC address is?

Where can I find what my MAC address is?: Where can I find what my MAC address is? Acer Aspire R3-131T https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-what-my-mac-address-is/9e7d1cb1-d8bd-4a48-a22b-4f1504b1c393
  7. Determinig an IP address using MAC.

Determinig an IP address using MAC.: Hello everyone! Today i need to find a device connected to my LAN network using it's MAC address. In case someone tries to tell me to do Code: arp -a[/quote] - it's not a way to do it. The case is i'm trying to find login page of Teltonika's RUT900. Default is...
  8. So Far, So Good

in Windows 10 Support
    So Far, So Good: After installing Windows 10 onto my Dell 1545 it appears to run faster than Win-7 and while it will take some time to get used to MS Edge it appears to run faster as well. Learning curve is fair and not too steep. Happy so far. Hopefully I can install the ISO and new GF...
  9. What I've observed so far.

in Windows 10 Support
    What I've observed so far.: Hi Yesterday I installed Windows 10 in a dual boot configuration with Windows 8. I turned off both Fast Boot and Secure Boot in the bios first and created a partition on my second hard drive. I installed from a DVD I created from the .ISO file. I had no issues with...
  10. So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it?

in Windows 10 Support
    So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it?: Just got the free upgrade notification for Win 10, but I'm wondering what beta testers have to say about it so far. Thanks, 6566