Windows 10: Can I selectively reload programs or files from a DVD of my C: drive.....which I need to do...

Discus and support Can I selectively reload programs or files from a DVD of my C: drive.....which I need to do... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Long story, but here's the short of it. I had a local technician perform a clean install of Windows 10, because the System Reserve partition was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by b4ab, Sep 22, 2018.

1. b4ab Win User

Can I selectively reload programs or files from a DVD of my C: drive.....which I need to do...

Hi,

Long story, but here's the short of it. I had a local technician perform a clean install of Windows 10, because the System Reserve partition was too small and I didn't want to mess with it. So everything has mostly worked out OK, other than I'm missing my photo keywords on Photoshop CS6. Since I have thousands of photos.....well, never mind, I just didn't think of saving these. So I know where the keywords are located and burned the whole C:drive to a DVD before the work was done. How can I recover just those files and/or programs I would like to return to the new C:drive. (There is a new C:drive, a larger SS Samsung.) For whatever reason I also could not copy a mirror image of the C:drive, but I could print a recovery DVD.

If I have to reload the whole DVD, how is that going to effect programs I've already reloaded, including Photoshop CS6?

Thanks much for your time...

B4ab

:)

2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Is there a way to transfer a program load by the DVD player to the C drive?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like type of program you are trying to copy from the DVD files to copy to c drive?

I like to inform you that; if the DVD files consists of .exe files or any data files then you can copy the files from DVD to an external drive (like USB drives) and use it in your computer. However, some program may not allows you to run/work without
    using a DVD player.

So, I suggest you to contact to the programs/ Application website and check those files can be used without using any DVD player.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 22, 2018
  4. C_C
    c_C Win User

Can I selectively reload programs or files from a DVD of my C: drive.....which I need to do...

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

Thema:

1. Can I selectively reload programs or files from a DVD of my C: drive.....which I need to do... - Similar Threads - selectively reload programs

2. Which files&programs can I uninstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which files&programs can I uninstall?: I have to clean up and free up storage space on C: drive. Storage usage is at capacity. Which Microsoft files can I delete and which ones should I keep. A lot of MS programs and I know to keep the major ones like Edge and One Drive.Thanks in advance....
  3. Which files&programs can I uninstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which files&programs can I uninstall?: I have to clean up and free up storage space on C: drive. Storage usage is at capacity. Which Microsoft files can I delete and which ones should I keep. A lot of MS programs and I know to keep the major ones like Edge and One Drive.Thanks in advance....
  4. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  5. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  6. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can i move all of the program files in the C: drive into a D: drive?: i recently found out that i had a bigger drive D: in my system that wasn't activated, and I was wondering if I could move everything in the C: drive into the D: drive without messing everything up? there's hardly any space left on the C: drive while there's 500 gigabytes...
  8. Which of these folders can I hide? Drive C Program files, Nvidia, Intel, etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which of these folders can I hide? Drive C Program files, Nvidia, Intel, etc: hey, Simple and Unique question, Which of these folders can I hide?... Can I hide All folders form drive C: ? for clean UI.. Thanks, XP [ATTACH]...
  9. Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I move all my program files from the C drive to the D drive by cutting and pasting?: I started to do this but then decided to cancel the process to check if it was a safe thing to do. The reason I want to do this is because there is much more space on my D drive than my C drive. Also, my D drive is completely empty. Can I do it? If not, what can I do to...
  10. Which of these C++ runtimes do I need?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which of these C++ runtimes do I need?: On March 1st of this year, I reset my PC. When I checked the list of programs for the C++ redistributables I needed, I found 2017 visual c++ 14.13 was the only one. I recently installed a trial of Creative Cloud, and after cancelling it noticed that not only was the original...