Windows 10: Can I sell a laptops Like this? (Windows 10 question)

Discus and support Can I sell a laptops Like this? (Windows 10 question) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all, I work in a second hand store and we get computers in that we want to resell. Obviously we run something like dban to format the drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanV781, Jun 6, 2019.

1. DanV781 Win User

Can I sell a laptops Like this? (Windows 10 question)

Hello all,

I work in a second hand store and we get computers in that we want to resell. Obviously we run something like dban to format the drives for protection of the previous owner.

What I want to know can i install windows 10 (since it is free to download) and then just leave it like that, then let the customer buy/ use their own 10 key? Since its not registered and we wouldn't be reusing any keys, is that a legal way to sell the laptop? or do i have to be an authorized reseller (to which my understanding is that for a small business thats somewhat expensive)?

I should also clarify we do not charge more for an OS being installed we just think it makes a good selling point as opposed to a blank hard drive.

Thank you for any info,

Have a good one!

:)

DanV781, Jun 6, 2019

2. Sell a Laptop with Windows 10 License.

Hey ,

I'd like to sell my laptop , including the Windows 10 license on It. Do you have any suggestions how to do it?

StoyanSpasov, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2019
  4. jm44jg39 Win User

Selling Laptop need advice to clean my Windows 10

I am selling my Asus laptop on Ebay and need to ship it to the buyer with a clean install of Windows 10 Creators Update (not a Preview or Insider version). I don't want my MS Account associated with this PC. What should I change and point me in the right direction.
    The laptop came with Windows 8 and I did the free update to Windows 10.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!!

jm44jg39, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I sell a laptops Like this? (Windows 10 question) - Similar Threads - sell laptops question

2. Can I sell it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I sell it?: I have windows 11 pro 64Bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP OEI dvd. I don't plan to use it. so can I sell it. I am in india. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sell-it/32d39622-7a8c-4319-a433-db117d64d492
  3. Can I sell it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I sell it?: I have windows 11 pro 64Bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP OEI dvd. I don't plan to use it. so can I sell it. I am in india. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sell-it/32d39622-7a8c-4319-a433-db117d64d492
  4. Question about wiping laptop to sell later

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about wiping laptop to sell later: I'm resetting my wife's old laptop so we can sell it. When the reset is complete, and Windows starts wanting me to add a name, location and all the other personalization stuff, is it possible to simply shut off the laptop at that time without entering any info like that? I...
  5. Selling of company laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selling of company laptop with windows 10: I still have an old company laptop (Dell Latitude from 2016) that no one is asking about. IT gave me a new laptop a year ago. As the old laptop still works I thought about selling it. I already installed Windows 10 as it was running Windows 7 and had a couple of other...
  6. can i sell my windows 10 home account because that laptop is stolen and i would like to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i sell my windows 10 home account because that laptop is stolen and i would like to get...: please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sell-my-windows-10-home-account-because-that/eccc5126-9382-4f67-bc6e-6503a2992eab
  7. Question: Can someone explain each of these? I'm going to sell this laptop to a student in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question: Can someone explain each of these? I'm going to sell this laptop to a student in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/acmul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8rfdn/question_can_someone_explain_each_of_these_im/
  8. Can I sell my computer with Windows 10 on it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I sell my computer with Windows 10 on it?: I'm selling my custom built desktop. I was going to do a clean installation of Windows 10 beforehand, but my activation panel in settings says that "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." Does this mean that if I do not uninstall...
  9. Can I sell my PC with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I sell my PC with Windows 10?: I have a custom built PC that originally had windows 8 on, I upgraded to windows 10 when it launched, I now want to sell my PC but am unsure if the windows 10 key is linked to me or the hardware? If i format the drive and reinstall windows 10 and just create a local account...
  10. would like to sell my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    would like to sell my laptop: best way to set it on default? i've saved on external drive. thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/would-like-to-sell-my-laptop/c06506ed-2f37-49a6-b54a-251bdf2a17e6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i sell a laptop with unactivated windows