Windows 10: CAN I SELL DIGITAL RETAIL LICENSE?

Discus and support CAN I SELL DIGITAL RETAIL LICENSE? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft,I have a concern that i want to clarify, I have Visual Studio Enterprise Subscription, under which i have access to tons of Product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Muhammad Haris Irfan, May 4, 2021.

1. CAN I SELL DIGITAL RETAIL LICENSE?

Hi Microsoft,I have a concern that i want to clarify, I have Visual Studio Enterprise Subscription, under which i have access to tons of Product key. i.e i can claim tens of copies of each type of Windows 10, Office, and other Software.These Product keys are of type retail, so i want to confirm if it is legal if i sell these keys or share with my collogues.Waiting for your response.Thankyou.

:)

Muhammad Haris Irfan, May 4, 2021

2. Sell Surface with Windows 10 digital license

No, its not, what the Digital License does when linked to a Microsoft account is facilitate easier reactivation on the same device if necessary. It doesn't necessarily give you a transfer right.

Transfer rights are only possible depending on certain factors, such as the derived license (Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1) was retail or the Windows 10 license itself is a full retail copy.

Andre Da Costa, May 4, 2021
  3. bnackers Win User
    Sell Surface with Windows 10 digital license

Hi,

I have a Surface 3 with a digital license activation of Windows 10. I want to sell the Surface. How do I do that without an activation key?

Thanks,

-bn

bnackers, May 4, 2021
  4. ENZOLU Win User

CAN I SELL DIGITAL RETAIL LICENSE?

Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?

So, today I decided to sell a digital license I had lying around in a somewhat old PC that I had upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago, after being abandonded due to it being very slow and also due to the fact that I got a new PC, I decided to sell my "old"
    Windows 10 digital license.

Now, this license isn't tied to a product key, but to the PC itself, since I upgraded from Windows 7, back when MS still offered a free upgrade to Win10.

Since this license wasn't tied to a product key, the method I came with to sell it was:

Create new MS account with new email address --> Associate that account to my old PC, thus tiyng the license with that account --> Once a customer bought my license, pass them the account credentials --> The customer would then associate that account
    (thus the license) with their own PC --> The customer would then log out of said account (while still mantaining the license) and log back in with THEIR OWN MS account, thus "transferring" the license over to their account.

Now, I actually DID put it up for sale on a local online ebay-like store, but it was taken down by what seemed to be
    "MICROSOFT DIGITAL CRIMES UNIT", claiming I was selling pirated software, and demanding proof that my software was legit.

What I did to try to settle the takedown was to send them a screenshot of the output of the
    slmgr.vbs /dlv command, which gives detailed information about the license installed on a Windows PC, including some important product and activation IDs, that, I suppose, would serve as proof that my license was legit, since "Microsoft" would
    be able to trace the IDs and find out that there IS in fact a license associated with that MS account.

So, after waiting for 3 days, they DENIED the claim, without providing further information as to why it was denied. However, the store website gave me the email of the Microsoft department that sent the claim, and I became suspicious. The email in question
    is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Now, since the email ended with .ml and not .ms or even .com, I suspect it MAY NOT BE a legit claim, however I have no actual grounds for that.

So, here are my questions:

1) Is this a legit claim made by the Microsoft Digital Crimes unit? Is the email a valid MS email address?

2) In case it is a legit MS claim, why did it get denied? is it actually illegal to sell a license I own? And knowing that this is a digital license, what kind of other types of proof can I provide in order for "Microsoft" to remove the claim?

ENZOLU, May 4, 2021
Thema:

CAN I SELL DIGITAL RETAIL LICENSE?

1. CAN I SELL DIGITAL RETAIL LICENSE? - Similar Threads - SELL DIGITAL RETAIL

2. Can I sell it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I sell it?: I have windows 11 pro 64Bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP OEI dvd. I don't plan to use it. so can I sell it. I am in india. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sell-it/32d39622-7a8c-4319-a433-db117d64d492
  3. Digital license retail versions.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license retail versions.: I have 2 retail cd keys education and enterprise that I can no longer use as they say they are in use on other devices. The education one I know which computer its on and I did a slmgr /upk and unlicensed the edu version and formatted the computer and put the OEM version and...
  4. Digital license retail versions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license retail versions.: I have 2 retail cd keys education and enterprise that I can no longer use as they say they are in use on other devices. The education one I know which computer its on and I did a slmgr /upk and unlicensed the edu version and formatted the computer and put the OEM version and...
  5. Digital license retail versions.

6. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  7. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  8. Retail license

Retail license: Hello All, can we use retail license windows 10 pro for Organization? If YES, there is no objection from Microsoft? Regards, Rakesh C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-license/02951d9b-e3f6-4aa6-975f-e1654051e185
  9. Retail license

Retail license: Hello, Retail license windows 10 pro can use for Organization ? Regards, Rakesh C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-license/259bd1b2-9411-4df3-9362-aaac83c5c777
  10. Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?

Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?: So, today I decided to sell a digital license I had lying around in a somewhat old PC that I had upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago, after being abandonded due to it being very slow and also due to the fact that I got a new PC, I decided to sell my "old" Windows 10 digital...