Windows 10: Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse?

Discus and support Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Google was no help, as usual. The best results I got was to install drivers made for Windows 7. I don't think I want to try that. I don't know much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Just-Call-Me-J, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse?

Google was no help, as usual. The best results I got was to install drivers made for Windows 7. I don't think I want to try that. I don't know much about computers, but I imagine that's a bad idea.

I recently got a new external mouse, and it's really sensitive. I could tap it lightly and have it the cursor on the other side of screen. So I have to have mouse sensitivity down low for it. But my trackpad, I need sensitivity much higher in order for it to have the same speed based on my normal movements. Unfortunately, the mouse sensitivity setting affects them both.

Any recommendations for separating the two?

submitted by /u/Just-Call-Me-J
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Just-Call-Me-J, Aug 4, 2020
  2. g41851 Win User

Surface Book 2 trackpad ridiculously sensitive

I have a Surface Book 2 and the trackpad is ridiculously sensitive on it. A lot of people seem to be having this problem too as there are threads on the Microsoft community about it with no real answers.

Everything is up to date as far as Windows updates are concerned. I don't use an external mouse and I have the sensitivity of the trackpad set to low.

I'm wondering if anyone here experienced this issue and were able to solve it?

I have done all the diagnostic tests suggested by Microsoft, such as the Surface Diagnostic Test, and there are no problems with my computer.

g41851, Aug 4, 2020
  3. gdgates Win User
    Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?

Apparently after a recent update, I don't seem to be able to keep separate profiles for mouse and trackpad on my HP Spectre 360. Even though I'm a lefty, I've always scrolled the trackpad with my right hand and used my left on the button. This is opposite of how I use the mouse (right button being primary). I used to be able to switch the mouse and leave the trackpad in the normal orientation, but no longer. Switching the mouse buttons automatically switches the trackpad too. It's irritating to have to switch the buttons every time I plug into or unplug from my USBC hub/monitor. I've attached a pic that similar to the old mouse setting screen that seems to have gone away, as well as what I currently see. Any suggestions?

Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse? [​IMG]

Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse? [​IMG]

gdgates, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse?

windows 10 mouse and trackpad sensitivity issues

Ever since upgrading to windows 10 yesterday 7/29/15, I have been unable to use my mouse and trackpad on my asus laptop like I was able to before this update. For example, when I click something the mouse automatically moves itself to something I did not
    click and opens something completely different. My trackpad will click something when I never pressed my finger to click anything. It will move windows with the lightest of touches. This is INFURIATING because my mouse and trackpad was set to respond to the
    way I type and click for YEARS and suddenly everything is SO SUPER sensitive.

I've gone to settings > additional mouse settings > pointer options...and turned off the precision.

I've turned off the snap-to options, and no matter how many times I try to change the speed of my mouse, it is either way too fast, or too slow. My trackpad options, I've used all of them. Long delay, medium delay....etc. I cannot get my trackpad on my laptop
    to respond like it did before I updated.

I wish I never updated.

mournfulbliss, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse?

1. Can I separate sensitivity/speed for my trackpad and external mouse? - Similar Threads - separate sensitivity speed

2. My mouse clicks are not working both trackpad and external mouse after i connect my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse clicks are not working both trackpad and external mouse after i connect my...: I have a USB mouse which worked fine. I was playing one game using that mouse and suddenly the mouse's right click stopped working i tried to reconnect it and play but same thing happened again i restarted my laptop then both the left and right click weren't responding, it...
  3. My mouse clicks are not working both trackpad and external mouse after i connect my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse clicks are not working both trackpad and external mouse after i connect my...: I have a USB mouse which worked fine. I was playing one game using that mouse and suddenly the mouse's right click stopped working i tried to reconnect it and play but same thing happened again i restarted my laptop then both the left and right click weren't responding, it...
  4. Mouse sensitivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse sensitivity: Hello. I’ll be playing fortnite and be fighting someone or in creative, and the mouse sensitivity will increase slightly until it is too fast for my liking. Whether I adjust it or not, the sensitivity will decrease below my regular sensitivity to the point where I cannot...
  5. mouse sensitivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mouse sensitivity: I have reinstalled my windows today and now my mouse sensitivity is completely changed. before it was on lvl 6 but now we have scale from 1-100 and i dont know which value is same as old default value. Can someone help me please? submitted by /u/eviltunafish [link]...
  6. mouse sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse sensitivity: I had the same issue with my mouse pad, I just adjust the touch pad sensitivity to the lower lever, and it works great now, thanks, I hope it helps ben https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-sensitivity/b09c95f2-4d00-44c1-8a7d-c41e71a3029d
  7. Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?: Apparently after a recent update, I don't seem to be able to keep separate profiles for mouse and trackpad on my HP Spectre 360. Even though I'm a lefty, I've always scrolled the trackpad with my right hand and used my left on the button. This is opposite of how I use the...
  8. Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Separate profiles for mouse and trackpad possible?: Apparently after a recent update, I don't seem to be able to keep separate profiles for mouse and trackpad on my HP Spectre 360. Even though I'm a lefty, I've always scrolled the trackpad with my right hand and used my left on the button. This is opposite of how I use the...
  9. windows 10 mouse and trackpad sensitivity issues

windows 10 mouse and trackpad sensitivity issues: I have worked out "Window 10 mouse - trackpad being too Sensitive." Stopping the auto click. 1. Go to "Mouse Properties" 2. Click on "Pad Settings" 3. Double click "Smart Sense" 4. Move all the posters to the "Off" position. It has taken a long time to see this as...
  10. Mouse sensitivity

Mouse sensitivity: my mouse sensitivity is too high when I go the settings and got to mouse there is nothing to change the sensitivity. how can you change the mouse's sensitivity in Windows 10?...