Windows 10: Can I Set At What Temperature The Fan Turns On In The Bios?

Discus and support Can I Set At What Temperature The Fan Turns On In The Bios? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thinkpad E480. BIOS Version R0PET47W (1.24 ). I looked and did not see a way to say have the fan turn on when for example the CPU hits 95 or 100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Can I Set At What Temperature The Fan Turns On In The Bios?

Thinkpad E480. BIOS Version R0PET47W (1.24 ). I looked and did not see a way to say have the fan turn on when for example the CPU hits 95 or 100 degrees Fahrenheit (35°C or 38°C). TPFanControl has the nasty habit of after a while "disconnecting" my battery and I get the message that the battery is not detected. Good thing I am always connected to the wall. The only way to get the battery back on line is to shut down and enter the bios and turn off the "non" removable battery and then the computer shuts down and when I boot up again the battery is shown and detected. Admittedly I do not know how to use TPFanControl and only run it on the manual setting which enables the fan to turn on and after 10 minutes or so I just close and exit the program and the fan turns off. Ideally I would like to find the ability in the Bios to choose a temperature when I want the fan to kick in and when it reaches that temperature have the fan turn off. I know that all Bios's (is that a word? are different).TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 30, 2019
  2. zim12345 Win User

Notebook, always-on fan, NOT temperature or high process related

My HP Spectre X360 with 8th gen Intel appears to be booting into 1 of 2 modes, there doesn't seem to be any indicator or cause for which will be experienced and the difference is whether or not the system fan is set proportionate to the temperature of the
    system.

• [Most frequent] Fans are always running at over 5krpm, they do not go below this ever. At high load they will increase and when the load is gone and temperatures lower the fan speed will lower again to 5krpm. This will happen regardless of resource usage
      and temperature (see below screen capture)
    • [Uncommmon] Fans only run when the system gets hot and when it cools down they stop again. From testing the fans can stay off until the system hits 75C
    The only way I have been able to achieve #2 is to restart repeatedly until upon login to Windows there is no fan running, this mode will stay until I restart again or the computer goes to sleep. It has been my experience that mode 2 NEVER happens when waking
    up. So if I get mode 2, put the computer to sleep and then wake it up, it will always be mode 1.

I have tried various power plans and power settings, both active and passive cooling policies, this happens on battery and plugged in, same experience when booting into SafeMode. The fans are system controlled but something seems to be... wrong.

Initially on Windows 10 1703, upgraded to 1709 and the issue remains. Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have!

Can I Set At What Temperature The Fan Turns On In The Bios? 4d1b1760-a29c-4876-8033-48cddf99ab79.jpg

zim12345, Mar 30, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Quad5Ny Win User

Can I Set At What Temperature The Fan Turns On In The Bios?

Set lower temperature for 100% fan speed , in order to lower laptop temp

I was searching for something unrelated but I read the OP's post and the Microsoft employee's response... and all I have to say is Really?!

Directly to Microsoft here:

Do you really believe these canned responses help ANYONE? I can't count how many times I've seen responses like this from a person with a Microsoft tag next to their name. You (Microsoft) really need to stop hiring (or outsourcing) people to post this
    crap. It sounds harsh but the reply really is crap; save the money and put the resources elsewhere.

Sigh.

Now to the OP's actual question.

---

SpeedFan should work but you have to:

1. Go into the Advanced Tab and set the CPU Fan to Manual

2. Go into the Fan Control Tab and Enable Advanced fan control

3. Click Add on top, Check Controlled speed and select the appropriate fan

4. Click Add on the bottom, select the correct temperature sensor

5. Adjust the Graph Start Temperature and End Temperature

6. Tweak the Fan curve to your liking

7. Click OK

8. Check the Automatic fan speed box

---

If that doesn't work you can try ThrottleStop or Intel XTU and slightly undervolt the CPU. Search for your laptop or CPU on Google with the terms "throttlestop" and "undervolt".

Cheers,

Jason (Quad)

Quad5Ny, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Can I Set At What Temperature The Fan Turns On In The Bios?

1. Can I Set At What Temperature The Fan Turns On In The Bios? - Similar Threads - Set Temperature Fan

2. After my Pc goes to Hibernation and I turn it back on it ignores the BIOS fan settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After my Pc goes to Hibernation and I turn it back on it ignores the BIOS fan settings: The Hibernation is triggered by the software Eventghost but it looks like it uses Windows' native hibernation. Don't know if that's significant to the issue. Nevertheless, its' forums are down anyways and I didn't get an answer anywhere else so I need to post this here I’ve...
  3. After my Pc goes to Hibernation and I turn it back on it ignores the BIOS fan settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After my Pc goes to Hibernation and I turn it back on it ignores the BIOS fan settings: The Hibernation is triggered by the software Eventghost but it looks like it uses Windows' native hibernation. Don't know if that's significant to the issue. Nevertheless, its' forums are down anyways and I didn't get an answer anywhere else so I need to post this here I’ve...
  4. After my Pc goes to Hibernation and I turn it back on it ignores the BIOS fan settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temperature and Fan on Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temperature and Fan on Bios: My fan keep spinning so hard while im just browsing or idle on dekstop. Then i check on bios and this is what is saw. Any solution for this?ThankyouFull Specification - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G - Motherboard: Asrock b450m hdv R4.0 - VGA: On Board RX Bega 11 - SSD: Apacer...
  6. Temperature and Fan on Bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temperature and Fan on Bios: My fan keep spinning so hard while im just browsing or idle on dekstop. Then i check on bios and this is what is saw. Any solution for this?ThankyouFull Specification - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G - Motherboard: Asrock b450m hdv R4.0 - VGA: On Board RX Bega 11 - SSD: Apacer...
  7. Temperature and Fan on Bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  9. What if I checked MSINFO and the BIOS was set to Legacy?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What if I checked MSINFO and the BIOS was set to Legacy?: I want the BIOS to be set to UEFI, not Legacy. And when I go to settings, recovery, restart, it doesn't show the UEFI options. So I can't enable it. Can someone help me?...
  10. GTX 1070, Normal Temperature but High RPM Fans

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 1070, Normal Temperature but High RPM Fans: Hi, I have Galax GTX 1070 Hall of Fame (bought it late 2016) and from the last week I have an issue with high RPM fans. I've downloaded GPU-Z and Hardware Monitor software to check temperature and it's showing normal (33c / 91f) but the RPM counter is over 3000 RPM, and a lot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spectre x360 fan always running