Windows 10: Can I set order of apps that run at startup?

Discus and support Can I set order of apps that run at startup? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to set/reset the order in which startup apps run? I can do this to an extent with apps that have a background service, but the ones that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimmyW, Apr 10, 2019.

1. JimmyW Win User

Can I set order of apps that run at startup?

Is there a way to set/reset the order in which startup apps run? I can do this to an extent with apps that have a background service, but the ones that I'm considering don't. My main goal is to speed up one app that runs at startup. I've already adjusted my AV's settings. Thanks.

:)

JimmyW, Apr 10, 2019

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I set order of apps that run at startup? - Similar Threads - set order apps

2. Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.: i constantly get the popup "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" and even if i press yes, the app doesnt open and it keeps showing the same popup, this happens to all apps that i try to run as administrator. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE ANSWER COMPLICATED,...
  3. Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.: i constantly get the popup "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" and even if i press yes, the app doesnt open and it keeps showing the same popup, this happens to all apps that i try to run as administrator. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE ANSWER COMPLICATED,...
  4. Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive runs fine but each time i manually start it. I set the startup app setting and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive runs fine but each time i manually start it. I set the startup app setting and...: same issue as Andrew Saunders 1954 posted on April 12, 2022 - OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that OneDrive is switched back to offI turn OneDrive "on" in Windows Startup App but the next time when I turn the laptop on,...
  6. OneDrive runs fine but each time i manually start it. I set the startup app setting and...

OneDrive runs fine but each time i manually start it. I set the startup app setting and...: same issue as Andrew Saunders 1954 posted on April 12, 2022 - OneDrive does not start automatically and when I check the Startup App setting I find that OneDrive is switched back to offI turn OneDrive "on" in Windows Startup App but the next time when I turn the laptop on,...
  7. OneDrive runs fine but each time i manually start it. I set the startup app setting and...

8. windows 10: i can t run startup menu and .exe apps and windows settings

windows 10: i can t run startup menu and .exe apps and windows settings: windows 10: i can t run startup menu and .exe apps and windows settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-i-can-t-run-startup-menu-and-exe-apps/caecebd7-4196-4f5c-b767-a94cec4a9a50
  9. Settings/Apps/Startup

Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  10. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 News
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187