Windows 10: Can I set up a function key on to, for example, disable my wi-fi ?

Discus and support Can I set up a function key on to, for example, disable my wi-fi ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I set up my keyboard function key to disable the wi-fi, and another function key to turn it back on? Or can I set up winkey+x to do that? 91767 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Bansaw Win User

Can I set up a function key on to, for example, disable my wi-fi ?

Can I set up my keyboard function key to disable the wi-fi,
    and another function key to turn it back on?

Or can I set up winkey+x to do that?

:)

Bansaw, Aug 19, 2017
  2. aspaiva Win User

How can I set up a proxy in a wi-fi hidden connection?

I can do it with Android an IOS, but WP7.8 isnt working. When I try to connect I receive the wrong password error message, even though I know the password is correct (I have tested in other devices, no using WP). Because the connection is not saved, I
    cant set up the proxy. After the error I only receive a Close button and nothing lasts. The only phone I could not put in wi-fi until now is my Samsung OMNIA M with WP7.8. Anybody can help me?

aspaiva, Aug 19, 2017
  3. Mark_W. Win User

Hello Aspaiva:

Thank you for the post. As you are getting stuck on the phone accepting the password for your hidden Wi-Fi connection, this may be due to the type of security protocal on the network or the information being added to the phone. Please review the following

document
    to make sure that all the information for your network is being entered properly, be mindful of case sensitivity when entering the network name and password.

If I am mistaken that your error is coming upon entering the password for the hidden network, please clarify the exact steps you are performing on the phone and at which point you receive the error about incorrect information.

Mark W.

Microsoft Support

Mark_W., Aug 19, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Check the manual for the machine, most Notebooks already have that. Two ways, one is the Fn plus another Fx key or just an Fx key, depends upon the make and model. There's also a switch on one edge of some Notebooks to do it. There is a symbol on the keys resembling an antenna to point to the one to use.

Berton, Aug 19, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    If it is a laptop, there should already be a Fn key assigned.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I set up a function key on to, for example, disable my wi-fi ? - Similar Threads - set function key

2. Can no find the Wi-Fi settings in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no find the Wi-Fi settings in my computer: Can not find my Wi-Fi settings in my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-no-find-the-wi-fi-settings-in-my-computer/4df49b49-38fe-449e-b6d0-b261b4e16e7c
  3. Can no find the Wi-Fi settings in my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no find the Wi-Fi settings in my computer: Can not find my Wi-Fi settings in my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-no-find-the-wi-fi-settings-in-my-computer/4df49b49-38fe-449e-b6d0-b261b4e16e7c
  4. Can no find the Wi-Fi settings in my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-Fi disabling randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi disabling randomly.: Hi. So I have been playing an online game for 2 months now. Last week, I got disconnected and I thought our Wi-Fi turned off. The Wi-Fi was working properly but when I try to connect, it says "Can't connect to this network". 1 minute after that, the Wi-Fi and drivers...
  6. No wi-fi setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wi-fi setting: Hi i've been having trouble with my laptop, i'm trying to connect it to a wifi but the icon is missing from the taskbar, so i open up setting menu to try to connect it from there but there's no wifi setting, i've tried multiple different fixes that i found on the internet,...
  7. Wi fi settings

Wi fi settings: I am not able to connect wifi. I want to connect wifi of our college which if insecure. The option of wifi is de cable when i open it. How chang settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-settings/f0e72026-8db2-4d16-b752-1a0dc40cd391
  8. settings wi-fi

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings wi-fi: I am having problems connecting a tv to the internet through my pc's wireless modem. I need to access my modem 's wi-fi settings, which I should be able to do through windows 10 's settings. I know how to do this (well I thought I did) but I go to the appropriate place and...
  9. wi-fi settings

wi-fi settings: can't find wifi settings - only ethernet, vpn, proxy, etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-settings/c1a0237d-00bd-4fd3-ab28-8e2819e24dda
  10. Wi-Fi settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wi-Fi settings: While using my computer, the wifi occasionally turns off, and asks when we want to restart it. Is there a setting I'm missing that will keep the wifi turned on?...