Windows 10: Can I set up a hotkey combo to input my email address when I am in an input field?

Discus and support Can I set up a hotkey combo to input my email address when I am in an input field? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can I set up a hotkey combo to input my email address when I am in an input field?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brucemorris1, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Can I set up a hotkey combo to input my email address when I am in an input field?

Can I set up a hotkey combo to input my email address when I am in an input field?

:)

brucemorris1, Apr 11, 2019
  2. BarryIBS Win User

Edge - Frames and Input fields

Our site uses frames and we are experiencing an issue with input fields.

We have stripped our main product back to a bare bones minimal skeleton to simplify.

When typing in the textbox on the main form, the input field ‘wanders’ across the screen.

Does anyone know a work around?

BarryIBS, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Hotkey to open the input panel?

I've just upgraded to Windows 10, and it's wonderful. The input panel (which is shown in the picture below) is simply excellent. I use a Wacom Intuous tablet, and I can actually use it to navigate Windows, thanks to this. However, there doesn't seem to be
    an easy way to call it up. If I select some text, or a text box, it'd be great if it just popped up (it doesn't). As it currently stands, I need to click on the touch keyboard button on the bottom of the screen, then make a few clicks to change the input type,
    then I finally have it. It does stay on the screen, but I'd rather it go away until I actually need it.

I do have a way to open an input panel through Wacom's program - although this opens up the "old" input panel, which is not as nice as the new one. I can open the new version from the old version, but again, this takes an extra click, and it'd be great if
    I could avoid that.

I also wonder if there isn't a hotkey for the input panel... I have a few buttons on my tablet that I could assign to that hotkey to easily call it up when I need it. If not, is there a way to assign a hotkey to such a thing?

If anyone has any solutions to this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

Joe

Can I set up a hotkey combo to input my email address when I am in an input field? b93e1f11-5634-4fa6-87ea-0e89ee5d6b0d.png

Mr. GGerth, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Can I set up a hotkey combo to input my email address when I am in an input field?

HTML input field rendering error

There is a serious browser bug that exists on Nokia phones - at least the 2610 and the 1680c. It prevents you from viewing and submitting an HTML form correctly.

PHP code is provided below to perform your own test.

BUG DESCRIPTION:

1. Fetch URL (GET) containing a simple HTML form, with an text element. The text field is empty.

2. Type text into the input field

3. Press 'Send' – this sends a POST message to the server.

4. The resultant page shows the typed text in the field. This is because the server application copies the POSTed parameter into the input field.

5. As in step 1, re-load the URL using GET (for example, use Go to Address / History and select the original URL)

6. The resultant page, from the result of the GET request, shows the last POSTed data instead of a blank field. THIS IS AN ERROR. If the form contains text in the input field, it is also ignored, and the last POSTed data is also shown.

Step 6 is the problem. This bug exists on Nokia 1680c (V 05.61, code 0560295) and Nokia 2610 (V 06.73, code 0540015). On all normal desktop browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome), it works correctly.

PHP test code

-------------

<?php

$n = htmlentities($_POST['n']);

$h = "<html>

<head>

<title>Test browser bug on Nokia 1680c and Nokia 2610</title>

</head>

<body>

<form action='noktest.php' method='post' name='tf'>

<input type='text' name='n' value='$n' />

<input type='submit' value='Send' />

</form>

</body>

</html>";

header("Cache-Control: no-cache") ;

header("Cache-Control: max-age=0") ;

header("Expires: 0") ;

header("Pragma: no-cache") ;

echo $h;

?>

You may omit the header() lines and try different DOCTYPEs, but the result is the same.

I have written a letter to Nokia drawing their attention to this crippling bug.

The bug means that I cannot use Nokia phones for my web-based business. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Message Edited by on 10-Dec-2008 07:20 PM

macmaclaren, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Can I set up a hotkey combo to input my email address when I am in an input field?

1. Can I set up a hotkey combo to input my email address when I am in an input field? - Similar Threads - set hotkey combo

2. No input field for smart card login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No input field for smart card login: Hello,I need to connect a corporate website which requires login with a smartcard, with a pin number. On my laptop with recently installed windows 11, I have no input field to enter the pin code. On other windows 11 computer, no problem.I tried to look on internet and found...
  3. No input field for smart card login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No input field for smart card login: Hello,I need to connect a corporate website which requires login with a smartcard, with a pin number. On my laptop with recently installed windows 11, I have no input field to enter the pin code. On other windows 11 computer, no problem.I tried to look on internet and found...
  4. My language input hotkey doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My language input hotkey doesn't work properly: I always use Left Alt + Shift To change my language Input but after updating Windows 10 latest I cant use it anymore so I upgrade to Windows 11 but it is still happens.when I tried to change language input on taskbar click on the Taskbar + Left Alt + Shift it changed 6 out of...
  5. adding more Language input hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding more Language input hotkeys: Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly between keyboards. This can be a bit impractical at some point e.g. practicing on Duolingo. Anyway, I wonder if there is a...
  6. adding more Language input hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding more Language input hotkeys: Hello,I use Windows 7 pro 64bit.I use a lot of languages in various tasks. My problem is the limitation of 5 shortcuts of hotkeys to switch quickly between keyboards. This can be a bit impractical at some point e.g. practicing on Duolingo. Anyway, I wonder if there is a...
  7. The input hotkeys I've set to changing languages are erased after I restart my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The input hotkeys I've set to changing languages are erased after I restart my computer.: go to Time & Language in settings, language, keyboard and press "input language hotkeys". I like using ctrl+9 for english and alt+shift+0 for greek but after I restart my computer it appears like I had never set those hotkeys on that action (You just go to the same place you...
  8. How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?

How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?: All of the old tutorials dont work anymore, I believe they changed the setting in the settings in their ongoing quest to make windows as complicated as possible. submitted by /u/FuFuTurtle [link] [comments]...
  9. I am having problems with language & input settings

I am having problems with language & input settings: Hi. I tried to be as detailed as possible so this is a long post but I've included a TL;DR at the end. My system language is set to English (United Kingdom) and this is also the language I type / spellcheck in. However, since my keyboard has an ANSI layout, my primary...
  10. How can I change input settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change input settings.: How can I change my Input settings to HDMI on my Asus Vivo Aio V24IC all in one PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-change-input-settings/e4f7a65d-9cc1-4e44-ae90-fa56c7181822

Users found this page by searching for:

1. input email address hotkey