Windows 10: Can I setup a scheduled shutdown?

Discus and support Can I setup a scheduled shutdown? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am leaving my PC on for a download, but I don’t want to waste power, so is there a way to setup a scheduled shutdown. (Like after 5 hours, the pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Adriell_Ramos, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Can I setup a scheduled shutdown?

I am leaving my PC on for a download, but I don’t want to waste power, so is there a way to setup a scheduled shutdown. (Like after 5 hours, the pc shuts itself down)

submitted by /u/Adriell_Ramos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Adriell_Ramos, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Honey Win User

How to Schedule Auto shutdown when internet get disconnected?

thanks alot for effort, it would defenetly work but i got problem in one step,
    when i set action to run a program, i select "shutdown" and nothing happens. how to shutdown ?

Honey, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Can I setup a scheduled shutdown?

set Task Scheduler automatic shutdown after a spercific program has run

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Refer to the suggestions provided by replied on Samhrutha G
    replied on August 11, 2010, in the link below: Go to Search and type Task Scheduler. Then follow the instructions from the second step in the link below.

How to set Task Scheduler automatic shutdown at a specific time

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Can I setup a scheduled shutdown?

1. Can I setup a scheduled shutdown? - Similar Threads - setup scheduled shutdown

2. scheduled shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    scheduled shutdown: Hi,How can I make a scheduled shutdown on startup that terminates the task if the computer is used?- I have scheduled a startup on BIOS every day at 8.00.- I created a task in Task Scheduler to run shutdown.exe on startup if the computer is not used for 15 minutes works so...
  3. scheduled shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scheduled shutdown: Hi,How can I make a scheduled shutdown on startup that terminates the task if the computer is used?- I have scheduled a startup on BIOS every day at 8.00.- I created a task in Task Scheduler to run shutdown.exe on startup if the computer is not used for 15 minutes works so...
  4. scheduled shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I permanently disable the scheduled shutdown?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I permanently disable the scheduled shutdown?: I don't know why it's doing it, it didn't use to. Lately at a certain time it's been dimming my screen with a box (like when it lets you know you're running out of battery? That's what I mean) and letting me know that there is a scheduled shutdown (NOT restart) and that it...
  6. Shutdown unexpectedly during setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown unexpectedly during setup: https://reddit.com/link/gvi4sw/video/fjtuqtuawk251/player submitted by /u/Disc0nected [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvi4sw/shutdown_unexpectedly_during_setup/
  7. Schedule a PC Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Schedule a PC Shutdown: With this batch script computer can be scheduled for shutdown at given minutes. Code: :: This batch script created by @Echo Off Color 5f Mode 65,20 Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo Enter a Time (in Minutes ) to Schedule a PC Shutdown Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo...
  8. how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution?: How do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution? -- It seems to execute periodically during the day. -- This seems to cause cursor movement to hesitate and be jerky ....
  9. Shutdown Event Tracker and Scheduled Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shutdown Event Tracker and Scheduled Updates: Hello, I have a simple question: On a Win10P system, will the Shutdown Event Tracker hang automated scheduled updates and restarts related to these updates? I wouldn't want our maintenance schedule to be hindered by the need for manual input here, but I do like the idea...
  10. Boot windows on a schedule after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot windows on a schedule after shutdown: I prefer to have my system shut down overnight rather than sleeping. Is there any way to schedule a system boot at a specific time in the morning? Windows update is able to boot from shut down when it feels like it. Is there any way I can do this, apart from putting my PC to...