Windows 10: Can I setup OneDrive so that I can see all data, but only pull it when I need it?

Discus and support Can I setup OneDrive so that I can see all data, but only pull it when I need it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 1TB of OneDrive space pretty much maxed out. I've just done a fresh restore of Windows on my Surface Book, and I was expecting to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Drew Angell, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Can I setup OneDrive so that I can see all data, but only pull it when I need it?

I have 1TB of OneDrive space pretty much maxed out. I've just done a fresh restore of Windows on my Surface Book, and I was expecting to be able to only pull OneDrive data as needed. That doesn't seem to be the case.

When I install OneDrive and choose folders, the only option it's giving me is to do a full sync. This is simply not an option, and really defeats one of the primary benefits of having a service like OneDrive.

If I setup all my folders to Sync, it's going to render the machine virtually useless until everything is 100% synced. This is because between OneDrive itself, Windows Defender scanning everything it syncs, and Indexer indexing everything, the CPU gets pinned and I can't do anything else.

This also slows down the entire procedure of downloading and scanning/indexing all the files in general, because the CPU is so maxed out. It would take a week or more to get all of this synced, even if I had the hard disk space...which leads me into the next problem. I don't have the disk space!

What's confusing is that for the passed year I've been using OneDrive in exactly this way. I have a desktop computer with my primary storage that is fully synced with OneDrive. Then from the laptop I was able to see all the data, but didn't have to pull it to the local drive until I actually needed it. Now with a clean install, I don't see any way to do this..??

Is there any way to use OneDrive in this way, so that I can see all of the data and access it, but only sync/download it on demand?

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Drew Angell, Apr 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Can I setup OneDrive so that I can see all data, but only pull it when I need it?

Microsoft OneDrive Stuck at OOBE During Windows 10 Setup

Hi,

An incomplete installation or corrupted setup file may be the possible reason why you're unable to install OneDrive during Windows 10 setup. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you trying to install OneDrive after Windows 10 Creators Update?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Can I setup OneDrive so that I can see all data, but only pull it when I need it?

1. Can I setup OneDrive so that I can see all data, but only pull it when I need it? - Similar Threads - setup OneDrive data

2. How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?: upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I want to boot my laptop so I can copy my data before its lost. Suggestions?...
  3. How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?: upon booting my laptop I get the notification to please install an operating system. It was running fine on window 10 now nothing. I want to boot my laptop so I can copy my data before its lost. Suggestions?...
  4. How do I get a bootable USB drive so I can see my data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application: In mac when I click an app in the dock or alt-tab to an app it shows me all the windows for that app. In windows it then makes me pick which window I want. How do I make windows behave like mac, it used to do it and it's very frustrating and makes me a lot less efficient the...
  6. How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application: In mac when I click an app in the dock or alt-tab to an app it shows me all the windows for that app. In windows it then makes me pick which window I want. How do I make windows behave like mac, it used to do it and it's very frustrating and makes me a lot less efficient the...
  7. How do i make it so I can see all windows for an application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I see all the options when I enable Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I see all the options when I enable Bitlocker?: Hi Community, Can anybody help me? When I want to activate BitLocker, in the options I get only these two, the options to save file and print key do not appear: [ATTACH] I need this window with these options. [ATTACH] Do you know what I need to set up? Thanks in...
  9. How can i increase the size of the taskbar so i can see it?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i increase the size of the taskbar so i can see it?: I have windows 10 update ver. 1908. In taskbar settings, there is only one size option; small and smaller. I need a Large! Here is a shot of my taskbar with the taskbar icon size setting set to the off position [img] Here the switch is on: [img] Small or smaller is not...
  10. taking myself and all my data off this pc only so I can return it to someone I barrowed it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    taking myself and all my data off this pc only so I can return it to someone I barrowed it...: I barrowed this tablet (or whatever you call it) from my sister, who is in the hospital. I'm bringing back to her, but I want to remove all of my info/data from it incase someone else uses it. Plus, she needs space freed up. How do I do that?...