Windows 10: Can I share a folder on win7 to win 10 is this possible ?

Discus and support Can I share a folder on win7 to win 10 is this possible ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to share a drive on windows 7 and have it be connected to on windows 10. I mapped a network drive on windows 7 and my other windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonMurray, Apr 22, 2019.

1. DonMurray Win User

Can I share a folder on win7 to win 10 is this possible ?

Is it possible to share a drive on windows 7 and have it be connected to on windows 10. I mapped a network drive on windows 7 and my other windows 7 can see it. On both windows 7 computers I did not touch dum homegroup I started a network and I did not choose work or public I choose home it gave me a number to write down - I did not use homegroup. But maybe the problem is that I used home when I should have used WORK maybe home is the same as homegroup ??? When we choose work does it give a number to write down ?
    anyway
    I made folder named stow then I mapped a network drive named z I can connect to it on my other win 7 but windows 10 just knows that I know the Network Credentials
    IT thinks that I have setup a name and a password for my share.
    EVEN THOUGH i have gone through all the 3 things to get rid of the windows security things
    I got rid of network credentials manager but did nothing
    Push Win Key and type "Services", locate those services, start them and set Start type to Automatic.
    Services are:
    - Function Discovery Provider Host
    - Function Discovery Resource Publication
    - SSDP Discovery
    - UPnP Device Host
    I did all these things.

So far I have spend about 4 hours fiddling and searching and I wonder how many hours total everyone has spent trying to get past this. ohh --yes I have 1803
    So maybe instead of asking how to get rid of the enter network credentials in order to access my mapped drive I will just ask :

IS IT POSSIBLE to share a folder on windows 7 and have it be accessed on a windows 10 ver 1803 machine if so HOW ?

:)

DonMurray, Apr 22, 2019
  2. MenyEi Win User

Win 7 PC can't see shared folder of Win 10 PC

I have small home network. The Home Group sharing capabilities are working both ways.

For some reason the Win 10 PC do not appear in the network list in my Win 7 PC, while the Win 7 PC do appear in the Win 10 network list (and can access it's shared folders).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meny

MenyEi, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Map Windows 7 Shared Folder to Win 95

Okay ... I have a shared folder on a Win7 Pro machine.
    The machine is located on a domain.
    I want to map the folder on a Win 95 machine, which is not on the domain.
    (I cannot update the OS of the 95 machine, it's a CNC)

This works fine if I try to map to a XP Pro machine, but the connection will not authenticate when trying to get to the Win 7 machine.

I tried setting the LMCompatibilityLevel registry key to "1" on the 7 machine, but that did not help.
    The Win 95 computer tells me that I need a password to make the connection, but no passwords work.

I d/l'ed DSClinet9x and Windows 2.0 Installer for the 95 machine, but now it wants IE4 *Bang Head :banghead:

Any thoughts?

Kreij, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I share a folder on win7 to win 10 is this possible ? - Similar Threads - share folder win7

2. can i upgrade from win7 to win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade from win7 to win 11: can you help me please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-win7-to-win-11/b9f517c4-165c-45a7-89fd-65a5c17905cf
  3. can i upgrade from win7 to win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i upgrade from win7 to win 11: can you help me please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-win7-to-win-11/b9f517c4-165c-45a7-89fd-65a5c17905cf
  4. Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles: I have a desktop PC running Windows10 and an older laptop that is running Windows7. This is a home computer setup with full admin rights on both machines. I am trying to share folders between the machines over the home network. Both machines can see the other, but when I...
  5. How can I share a folder

How can I share a folder: I wish to share a folder with my daughter whom Windows does not recognize. How can I share with her via email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-share-a-folder/59eb600b-9ab1-44bc-81f9-9743de0e5f48"
  6. Can see files in folders shared on Win7 machine, but cannot open them

Can see files in folders shared on Win7 machine, but cannot open them: Four devices are connected to the Ethernet ports of the broadband router provided by my ISP: a Win7 Home Premium PC, a Win10 Pro NB and two Linux media players. The only problem with respect to file sharing among these devices is that the Win10 Pro NB can see, from File...
  7. win 10 to win7

win 10 to win7: I downloaded win10, didn't care for it and went back to 7. Now my wifi doesn't work, laptop shows that it's connected; but it wont connect to any web page. 13264
  8. Write but not modify on shared folder, possible?

Write but not modify on shared folder, possible?: I want a program to access a shared network path and being able to write new files, bot not modify old ones. The only options I see are to fully write/modify or only read. I want permission to write and read, but not modify. Am I missing somehing or is it not possible? 80696
  9. Win7 to win10 can i delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win7 to win10 can i delete this folder?: I went from Windows 7 pro to Win10 pro and i noticed that there is a Windows.old folder on the C drive that is 22gig in size, if im correct that is the windows 7 installation right? can this folder be deleted? 33110
  10. Win7 to Win10 Possibilities?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 to Win10 Possibilities?: Anyone exploring the possibilities of moving from Win7 to Win10 upon release. Anyone with experience with Win10 can share insights for Win7 users - probably done before, but haven't seen much lately (mainly just Win8 to Win10). Thanks 3589