Windows 10: Can I / should I delete H2W files?

Discus and support Can I / should I delete H2W files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A large files program plainly shows that the files taking up most space on my small storage device C drive are H2W files. There are a dozen of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by clayto, Jul 20, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Can I / should I delete H2W files?

A large files program plainly shows that the files taking up most space on my small storage device C drive are H2W files. There are a dozen of them each taking up 1 GB in the One Drive folder. From what I have read about them it seems that I should delete them to gain the much need free space space they occupy. Should I? What is the likely result, in particular given that they are on OneDrive?

:)

clayto, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 20, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I / should I delete H2W files? - Similar Threads - should delete H2W

2. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i delete these files?: i was told to delete these 3 files, i don't know what they do or what they contain, is it safe to delete them? or should i let them be as they could be system files...
  3. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should i delete these files?: i was told to delete these 3 files, i don't know what they do or what they contain, is it safe to delete them? or should i let them be as they could be system files...
  4. Should i delete these files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I delete this file?

Can I delete this file?: Hi, so am I able to delete this txt file called end in my local disk. There is nothing in it but I am really paranoid that it might do something to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-this-file/36c16fd9-6f11-4ee0-8d33-4e7a6ab10be6
  6. WLI file in documents - Should I delete it?

WLI file in documents - Should I delete it?: Imgur: The magic of the InternetI don't remember downloading this file but it seems to be from a while ago, it was even in my documents for some reason instead of downloads.Does anyone know why this might have appeared? I scanned it for viruses with Malwarebytes and it says...
  7. WLI file in documents - Should I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WLI file in documents - Should I delete it?: Imgur: The magic of the InternetI don't remember downloading this file but it seems to be from a while ago, it was even in my documents for some reason instead of downloads.Does anyone know why this might have appeared? I scanned it for viruses with Malwarebytes and it says...
  8. WLI file in documents - Should I delete it?

9. Should I delete these files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I delete these files?: Hello.I had deleted Browser Assistant on my PC. I was looking for files with "edge" in them and found these files near the bottom.They have Browser Assistant in their path.So it begs the question; was the whole Browser Assistand file deleted and should I delete these files?I...
  10. Should I delete this file? Named: rfi_1N1I1F1S1T1I0M1F1Q2Y1I1P1B0C1F1Q1P

Should I delete this file? Named: rfi_1N1I1F1S1T1I0M1F1Q2Y1I1P1B0C1F1Q1P: I had a virus a few days ago, and i was wondering if there were any traces of the virus. I looked everywhere and I found this weird text document. its in my %appdata% map. Is this another virus or is it part of the Windows code, should I delete it?...