Windows 10: Can I / should I delete H2W files?

Discus and support Can I / should I delete H2W files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A large files program plainly shows that the files taking up most space on my small storage device C drive are H2W files. There are a dozen of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by clayto, Jul 20, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Can I / should I delete H2W files?

A large files program plainly shows that the files taking up most space on my small storage device C drive are H2W files. There are a dozen of them each taking up 1 GB in the One Drive folder. From what I have read about them it seems that I should delete them to gain the much need free space space they occupy. Should I? What is the likely result, in particular given that they are on OneDrive?

:)

clayto, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 20, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I / should I delete H2W files? - Similar Threads - should delete H2W

2. I have a picture file that I can not delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a picture file that I can not delete: the file doesn't show any information when I try to send it to the recycle bin, the recycle bin keeps searching for the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-picture-file-that-i-can-not-delete/70536466-5906-4fc5-91f8-1fc09acafb31"
  3. NTAyMjEwZG.exe, ODk3MzAyNjdjN.exe, ZDfhMzAyMTUzNzE1MG.exe should I delete this files? They...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NTAyMjEwZG.exe, ODk3MzAyNjdjN.exe, ZDfhMzAyMTUzNzE1MG.exe should I delete this files? They...: I got a Trojan on my pc on June, 25th, I tried to get rid of it with windows defender, but on the task manager I see this file in specific NTAyMjEwZG.exe activated, I didn't know it but I was suspicious so I went to where it's located Windows (C:)\Program Files\OGY3MDc3NzQ2N...
  4. Can I delete this WINBACKUP file

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete this WINBACKUP file: Hi, I just noticed this morning that in my Documents folder, a new file appears called "fa.winbackup" and it's almost 1 GB and the file type is WINBACKUP. I think it was created when I upgraded my Suitcase Fusion app (font managements) and it created a backup of the font...
  5. Can I Delete CBS Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I Delete CBS Files?: Please see attachment. I used to delete these text files every week during my cleanup routine. Now, I guess because of CU, I don't have authority to do that. I get a message that I must get authority from SYSTEM. First, assuming I can do this somehow, which of these items...
  6. Should i delete every partition?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i delete every partition?????: Hey.I have decided to reinstall windows with a clean install.Should i delete or format?I don't need to back up anything.I dont have two drives but i have created a partition which has some games that i can reinstall easily. 91052
  7. Should I delete this folder in the Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I delete this folder in the Registry: I have uninstalled Setpoint with Advanced Uninstaller but though it supposedly cleans up the Registry afterwards, it actually doesn't. While in the Registry, I typed "Setpoint" under Find and it brings me to this particular Folder. In it, I see several things regarding...
  8. how and what files should i clean/delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    how and what files should i clean/delete?: Hello, After i upgraded to 10, i notice that it take off afew GB. I try to clean all temp files and shadow copy but still not able to get back the space. What did i miss? 55206
  9. How can I delete this corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I delete this corrupted file?: Hello Everyone! So today I was trying to rotate a picture in the Windows 10 "Pictures" app, and as weird as it sounds, it didn't rotate the picture. I closed the window, and that's when I discovered that the file became undeletable, and uneditable. It wasn't a virus (the...
  10. How can i delete hidden files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i delete hidden files?: Good afternoon, I've just resetted my pc but in my hard disk it says that i've 343 Gb free of 449 Gb but i've not still installed anything..What can i do? Thank you. 89052