Windows 10: Can I show the C drive at the root of the explorer tree

Discus and support Can I show the C drive at the root of the explorer tree in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am in File Explorer regularly, and having to access the C drive through the My PC folder is a nuisance. My external drives ( D and E) show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Roy_296, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Roy_296 Win User

Can I show the C drive at the root of the explorer tree

Hello,

I am in File Explorer regularly, and having to access the C drive through the My PC folder is a nuisance. My external drives ( D and E) show up at the top level of the tree, I'd really like the same for my C drive. For greater clarity, please see attached screenshot.

If someone has a registry tweak or is aware of another solution, I'd love to hear from you. Windows 10 Pro Build 1803.

Thanks!

Can I show the C drive at the root of the explorer tree dfbce9b4-37bf-43de-906e-022a985dde9a?upload=true.png

:)

Roy_296, Jan 16, 2019
  2. gypsycomp Win User

showing the total of folders/files in drive root

Properties are shown differently for folders and roots.
    Root properties only shows used and free space.
    Folder properties shows Size, Size on Disk, number of files/folders.
    Questions:
    1 - How can I discover on the root drive the total of folders and files on drive?
    2 - Better, how could I list the number of files within each folder?
    3 - Even better, how could I list the total of subfolders and files at each level within the tree branches?

gypsycomp, Jan 16, 2019
  3. c drive shows only as c:\windows

I cannot get to the root directory of my C drive. All other drives are fine. When I open explorer or this computer, it shows the C drive as c:\windows, and I can only open the Windows folder. How do I get it so I can get to C:\ in explorer or This
    computer. Somehow Win 10 thinks the C drive is the \Windows folder. This just started happening.

TerryBiresch, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Can I show the C drive at the root of the explorer tree

My C:\files at drive root

My C: drive is showing 202gb used out of 207gb. 145gb of this is C: \ files at drive root. Can I reduce this. A lot of this seems to be pagefile.sys. and swapfile.sys.

Stewart UJ, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Can I show the C drive at the root of the explorer tree

1. Can I show the C drive at the root of the explorer tree - Similar Threads - show drive root

2. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  3. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  4. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. shortcuts in the root of C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcuts in the root of C: drive: Hi,i noticed that i have two shortcuts showing upp in the root of C: drive on all the computers that we have 1500. a shortcut for Program and one for documents and settings. they show up after the re-image is finalized. we use SCCM latest branch any ideas where these two...
  6. shortcuts in the root of C: drive

shortcuts in the root of C: drive: Hi,i noticed that i have two shortcuts showing upp in the root of C: drive on all the computers that we have 1500. a shortcut for Program and one for documents and settings. they show up after the re-image is finalized. we use SCCM latest branch any ideas where these two...
  7. shortcuts in the root of C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. User folders in root C: drive

User folders in root C: drive: In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated: Intel PerfLogs Program Files Program Files x86 Users Windows Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive? On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for...
  9. Writing to the root ... C:\

Writing to the root ... C:\: Every time I turn around, I'm not able to save files to the root of C drive. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem once and for all time? I don't care that some people feel as though I shouldn't be writing there. I have times when I need to edit files there or I just...
  10. Still Cannot Access Root Drive ( C:\ )

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Still Cannot Access Root Drive ( C:\ ): I need to copy a file into my Windows 10 root drive (C:\). I cannot and get Error 0x80070522. - Found a tool which I really don't want to use since it is for folders and sub-folders. - Turned off User Account Control setting is set to the lowest. - I don't have HomeUsers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show C root drive

2. windows explorer doesnt show drive

3. windows explorer to root drive C$: