Windows 10: Can I shut down my Pc automatically?

Discus and support Can I shut down my Pc automatically? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I want to download a game and I haven't finished it yet, how can I choose to have my PC shut down automatically after the download? If yes how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by UwUbeater69, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Can I shut down my Pc automatically?

So, I want to download a game and I haven't finished it yet, how can I choose to have my PC shut down automatically after the download? If yes how

I use Windows 10 pro so 64bit

Would steam also save when I shut down my pc even though the download is not yet complete?

:)

UwUbeater69, Jul 28, 2020

2. Should I shut down my PC everyday?

Original title : Shutting down pc at the end of the day

I was advised by a computer tech to shut my computer down daily to give it time to update, etc. I have done this, but am not always consistent about it. Today I shut it down and restarted it, as I was having problems getting Windows Live Mail to close.
    The program did close after restarting my pc.

My question is: should I be shutting down my pc daily as was suggested to me?

Thanks,

Its My Bug, Jul 28, 2020
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 28, 2020
  4. BUG
    bug Win User

Can I shut down my Pc automatically?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

You can always browse the event viewer for errors.

Do what @kastriot suggested, if that shuts down fine, you have a rogue driver somewhere (can be further diagnosed by uninstalling drivers one by one).

Thema:

Can I shut down my Pc automatically?

1. Can I shut down my Pc automatically? - Similar Threads - shut down automatically

2. PC shutting down automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting down automatically.: Greeting to all the people...Sir/Mam I want you too help me with an issue in my dell laptop..The issue is that whenever I put my laptop`s lid down or put it to sleep or leave it unattended it automatically shuts down...This issue I think is from some update. but I can`t...
  3. PC shutting down automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutting down automatically.: Greeting to all the people...Sir/Mam I want you too help me with an issue in my dell laptop..The issue is that whenever I put my laptop`s lid down or put it to sleep or leave it unattended it automatically shuts down...This issue I think is from some update. but I can`t...
  4. PC automatically shuts down

PC automatically shuts down: Hello. I Just need some little help with my PC. It keeps on shutting down automatically whenever I play a game or when I open chrome.When I go to the event viewer, the last error I encountered was: The cplspcon service terminated with the following errorI've also had this...
  5. PC automatically shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC automatically shuts down: Hello. I Just need some little help with my PC. It keeps on shutting down automatically whenever I play a game or when I open chrome.When I go to the event viewer, the last error I encountered was: The cplspcon service terminated with the following errorI've also had this...
  6. pc automatically shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc automatically shut down: Hello, Last few days I got a huge troubles with PC. It crashed many times in game after 2-8 minutes. I received many BSOD with codes: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error or driver power state failure.In game there were log with dx11 errors. All the drivers are up to date, system too....
  7. pc automatically shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc automatically shut down: Hello, Last few days I got a huge troubles with PC. It crashed many times in game after 2-8 minutes. I received many BSOD with codes: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error or driver power state failure.In game there were log with dx11 errors. All the drivers are up to date, system too....
  8. pc automatically shut down

9. PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY: I have downloaded windows 10 may 2020 update through Windows update Assistant. But as soon as it starts updating windows and the percent reach 13% or 17% the pc shuts down automatically. I am facing this issue throughout the day. What is the solution?...
  10. PC shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shutting down automatically: We had a windows 2012 server with us and MySQL for an application is working with it. The day before yesterday it starts shutting down automatically and showing an error like entering to low power state in event manager. We thought it was due to some heating problem or...