Windows 10: Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?

Discus and support Can I shut off my PC during a bsod? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So a bsod occured, and it says it is 0 percent complete for a while, so can i shut off my pc instead? It says system_thread_exception_not_handled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rivaledspeed, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?

So a bsod occured, and it says it is 0 percent complete for a while, so can i shut off my pc instead?

It says system_thread_exception_not_handled

:)

rivaledspeed, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jul 5, 2019
  3. xorbe Win User
    Computer Shuts down during game play (no BSOD)

PC shuts down? In this case ... BSOD = black screen of death! *Toast :toast:

xorbe, Jul 5, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Can I shut off my PC during a bsod? [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?

1. Can I shut off my PC during a bsod? - Similar Threads - shut off during

2. shut off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shut off: my shut and restart icon is missing on my lapto cant shut computer down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-off/bafae3bd-f80b-4a13-8f16-97771df5c1cb
  3. Can I turn off my computer during blue screen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I turn off my computer during blue screen?: Can I turn off my computer during blue screen.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-turn-off-my-computer-during-blue-screen/abdb0bd4-aa2a-486c-abe8-091eb71a60f1
  4. I can't shut down my PC.

I can't shut down my PC.: In the past, my PC was running Windows 8, but I liked Windows 10 more, so I upgraded, but then a problem occurs. If I put my PC to hibernate, sleep or to shut down, it just restarts, so I use the power button to shut it down, but I don't think that's good for the PC. Even...
  5. My laptop shut off when I unplugg it

My laptop shut off when I unplugg it: Hello, I'm having problems with my laptop, the battery shows it is fully charged but whenever I unplug it shuts off and it won't turn on until I plug it again. Sometimes it does turn on for a while but after some time it shuts off again....
  6. How can I make my pc "shut down" ?

How can I make my pc "shut down" ?: My HP laptop is using Win 10...… Most of the time it will not " shut down "...… this is very annoying and not good for the pc to be turned off by holding down the power button. I tried holding down the "shift" key when I pushed shut down...…. it even worked for awhile,...
  7. shutting off my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    shutting off my laptop: I left click on the icon and choose shut down but it won't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/shutting-off-my-laptop/2b81c875-c80b-4541-a41e-97cc8767d646"
  8. Can I shut down my PC while BitLocker is encrypting?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I shut down my PC while BitLocker is encrypting?: What would happen if my computer shuts down while BitLocker is encrypting my data partition drive? It takes ages! I am running Windows 10 Pro Thank you very much in advance 36377
  9. PC won't start after it shut off during factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't start after it shut off during factory reset: Hi I really badly need help because my PC shut off during factory reset and it always starts up and then has a black screen. Thanks 10849
  10. Computer shut off during setup for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer shut off during setup for Windows 10: While I was waiting for the Windows 10 Setup to download and check everything it needed to I neglected to notice that my charging cord for my laptop had come out. During the portion of the setup where it was asking me what all I'd like to transfer over my computer shut off....