Windows 10: Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?

Discus and support Can I shut off my PC during a bsod? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So a bsod occured, and it says it is 0 percent complete for a while, so can i shut off my pc instead? It says system_thread_exception_not_handled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rivaledspeed, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?

So a bsod occured, and it says it is 0 percent complete for a while, so can i shut off my pc instead?

It says system_thread_exception_not_handled

:)

rivaledspeed, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jul 5, 2019
  3. xorbe Win User
    Computer Shuts down during game play (no BSOD)

PC shuts down? In this case ... BSOD = black screen of death! *Toast :toast:

xorbe, Jul 5, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Can I shut off my PC during a bsod? [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Can I shut off my PC during a bsod?

1. Can I shut off my PC during a bsod? - Similar Threads - shut off during

2. PC shuts off, bsod and black screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts off, bsod and black screens: I have a issue with my pc shutting off consistently during games. I have replaced my psu thinking it was the issue, that didn't help. Now I'm thinking it might be my gpu. I switched the gpu out for a older one I have and had no issues. When I put my current gpu back in, the...
  3. PC shutting off during Windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting off during Windows reset: I'm trying to do a full reset of my Win 11 PC. It works fine then it reboots and goes into the actual reset stage where it shows the completion progress and for some reason, my PC always shuts off automatically when the progress reaches 20-21%. I don't know what causes this....
  4. PC shutting off during Windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutting off during Windows reset: I'm trying to do a full reset of my Win 11 PC. It works fine then it reboots and goes into the actual reset stage where it shows the completion progress and for some reason, my PC always shuts off automatically when the progress reaches 20-21%. I don't know what causes this....
  5. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset: A day before yesterday my PC was working very slow, So i restarted it but it stuck at 33% and accidently I shut it down, Now when I switch it on and try to reset it through advanced option it doesn't get restart and shows “There was an problem restarting the PC”...
  6. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset: A day before yesterday my PC was working very slow, So i restarted it but it stuck at 33% and accidently I shut it down, Now when I switch it on and try to reset it through advanced option it doesn't get restart and shows “There was an problem restarting the PC”...
  7. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Computer Shuts Off During Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Off During Sleep: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. To further elaborate, when I try to put the computer into sleep, the displays turn...
  9. Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Would my files be corrupted if I shut the pc off during a factory reset: Last night I decided to reset my laptop and give it a fresh start. It was halfway done when the laptop fell and the screen completely gave out. After that happened I force shut down the laptop because what else could be done at that point ‍♂️It wasn’t possible to even use a...
  10. Laptop was shut off during an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop was shut off during an update: Hello all, My laptop was accidently shut off during an update and it seems to have caused some significant damage. Im not too tech-saavy so please be patient with my attempts to explain what I have done to attempt to fix the issue. -Wont allow me to reset/restore PC...