Windows 10: Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free

Discus and support Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got this laptop with my ex and he had control over the windows account for the laptop. I want to set up a Microsoft account for this laptop and use... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChristinaKim2, May 19, 2022.

1. Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free

I got this laptop with my ex and he had control over the windows account for the laptop. I want to set up a Microsoft account for this laptop and use the account on my new PC too. But how if possible can I get a new window's account? My existing one or the one i have been using when I try to log in it says that the Microsoft account does not exist.

:)

ChristinaKim2, May 19, 2022

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 19, 2022
  3. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, May 19, 2022
  4. Rose W Win User

Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free

1. Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free - Similar Threads - sign account laptop

2. I signed in to my new laptop under the wrong outlook account. I signed in with an account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I signed in to my new laptop under the wrong outlook account. I signed in with an account...: I registered my new laptop under an outlook account that is similar to mine but not mine. The only difference is mine has a 77 at the end of the email address. How I did this not possessing the password is beyond me. But I did. So now, even once I tried reinstalling windows...
  3. I signed in to my new laptop under the wrong outlook account. I signed in with an account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I signed in to my new laptop under the wrong outlook account. I signed in with an account...: I registered my new laptop under an outlook account that is similar to mine but not mine. The only difference is mine has a 77 at the end of the email address. How I did this not possessing the password is beyond me. But I did. So now, even once I tried reinstalling windows...
  4. Can I sign out of my Microsoft account on laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I sign out of my Microsoft account on laptop?: So my question. I recently got a divorce and my ex is keeping the windows laptop that’s been signed into my Microsoft account. I want to remove my Microsoft account from the laptop so she doesn’t have access to anything else of mine with that account. But she fears she will...
  5. Can I sign out of my Microsoft account on laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I sign out of my Microsoft account on laptop?: So my question. I recently got a divorce and my ex is keeping the windows laptop that’s been signed into my Microsoft account. I want to remove my Microsoft account from the laptop so she doesn’t have access to anything else of mine with that account. But she fears she will...
  6. Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free: I got this laptop with my ex and he had control over the windows account for the laptop. I want to set up a Microsoft account for this laptop and use the account on my new PC too. But how if possible can I get a new window's account? My existing one or the one i have been...
  7. Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I sign up for a new windows account on my laptop for free: I got this laptop with my ex and he had control over the windows account for the laptop. I want to set up a Microsoft account for this laptop and use the account on my new PC too. But how if possible can I get a new window's account? My existing one or the one i have been...
  8. I can not sign up a new gmail account to my new lenovo computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not sign up a new gmail account to my new lenovo computer: I got a new lenovo computer and it will not let me sign up my gmail accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-sign-up-a-new-gmail-account-to-my-new/8035ab3d-b92e-42f0-b092-16e3ba67fcee
  9. Signing in my account on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing in my account on new laptop: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop, the Dell Inspiron 14 5000 series. The sellers opened the laptop to set up some of the software. When I got back a local account was already made. When I try signing in to my account, the first two steps go well. However, in the...
  10. I cant sign in to my microsoft account on my new laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant sign in to my microsoft account on my new laptop: Hi! I have bought new laptop and tried to sign in to my Microsoft account in my new laptop but it's always been failed. it always says Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again. why is that? fyi, I could sign in and out...