Windows 10: Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?

Discus and support Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It happens that my PC had a hardware problem so it had to get repaired, so I backed up the info into a system image in an external drive before sending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by womp man, Nov 30, 2022.

1. womp man Win User

Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?

It happens that my PC had a hardware problem so it had to get repaired, so I backed up the info into a system image in an external drive before sending him for repair. Now that I got him back he is brand new, fully formatted and upgraded to Windows 11,Now I just wanted to fully load my old PC data back probably can't go back to the Windows 10 but that's okay for me as long as I get all the info, but it seems I can only open the system image from my external drive and I can't find an option to just load my backup image into the internal Windows C: with my old info and I don't know if there

:)

womp man, Nov 30, 2022

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 30, 2022
  3. AbhaySV Win User
    Hard Drive Disk Image File

It looks like a System Image File is generated when System Backup is enabled. But since you seem to have once one local drive from the image you shared. It might have saved the image on the same partition, which is not particularly a good practice to have the backup on the same drive as the data.

So the answer to the question is yes you can safely delete the file. You can try directly deleting it if it doesn't work , turn off the system backup.

Step 1. Click the Start button >Control Panel >System >System Protection subsequently. If prompt, type your administrator password or click “Continue”.

Step 2. Select the disk you want to turn off system restore and click the Configure button.

Step 3. In the System Protection for Local Disk (CCan I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image? :) window, tick “Disable system protection” and “OK” to save the changes.

But I would rather strongly suggest you to move the file to some other disk preferably a different Physical disk (like an external HDD) so you have backup , in case anything goes wrong , instead of disabling the backup completely unless you use a thrid party backup.

AbhaySV, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?

fragmented disk image

Hi Brandon,

VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file that represents a virtual hard drive and contains what is normally found on a physical hard disk drive. You can try to mount the VHD images to extract and recover the file by following the steps below:

• Right-click on Start Menu and select Disk Management.
    • On the Disk Management window, click Action and select
      Attach VHD.
    • Click Browse, navigate to and select the VHD file, click
      Open
      , then OK.
    • You can now proceed to browse, copy and open files from the mounted VHD.

Note: You may have to mount all VHD files to extract a single disk image file from it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?

1. Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image? - Similar Threads - simply replace files

2. Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?: It happens that my PC had a hardware problem so it had to get repaired, so I backed up the info into a system image in an external drive before sending him for repair. Now that I got him back he is brand new, fully formatted and upgraded to Windows 11,Now I just wanted to...
  3. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  4. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  5. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Replacing New Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing New Hard Disk: Hello,If I restore a backup image of the system (which contains windows 10 and office) to a brand new disk (same computer), do I have to re-license /re-validate the windows and office ?Answers will be appreciated.ThanksWidows 10, 20H2 x64, 19042.1165 183706
  7. Can I just simply copy all the files on a hard drive to a SSD and use it on the same computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I just simply copy all the files on a hard drive to a SSD and use it on the same computer?: Can I copy all partitions of Windows to another disk and use it?Like I want to replace my hard drive to an SSD and what program should I use to do that?Will my Windows "un-activate" and I have to activate it again?...
  8. Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?: Hello, can I simply copy a finished Windows 10 ISO file to a USB stick and then boot with it, or do I need software beforehand that makes the USB stick bootable with the ISO file? ISO-Imagedatei einfach aus USB-Stick kopieren?
  9. Replace all images in a folder?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Replace all images in a folder?: Hi, I have a question, i have a folder with about 400 images and i want all images to be the same file and keep the names. Is that possible somehow? LG Tobi Alle bilder in einem ordner ersetzen?
  10. Virtual Hard disk Files can't be mounted from image files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Virtual Hard disk Files can't be mounted from image files: Please allow me to explain my problem for it to be better understood. Approx. three weeks ago my computer just suddenly shut down. Within a few seconds I was receiving a display that said Windows will repair your computer and reinstall Windows. I did a lot of reading and...