Windows 10: Can I somehow let onedrive to backup only my documents so the pictures, desktop and...

Discus and support Can I somehow let onedrive to backup only my documents so the pictures, desktop and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having bad experiences with onedrive today, it took all my files and almost got permanently deleted but thank god I was able to recover it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xavonium, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Xavonium Win User

Can I somehow let onedrive to backup only my documents so the pictures, desktop and...

I've been having bad experiences with onedrive today, it took all my files and almost got permanently deleted but thank god I was able to recover it. the problem is im trying to backup only my documents folder and nothing else, seing my desktop and everything else sync is just a waste of space for me and I tried to delete the sync but it just sync back. and it also removes my documents folder, only revealing "where is my files" and when I click on it, my files moved to onedrive, my desktop icon is 95% gone, my school work is gone, and everything elseI recover all of them though. I dont want that and I didn't ask for that, so please do I have a way to backup ONLY my documents folder and nothing else, without my files moving to onedrive, and whenever I update my files in documents, it updates in onedrive too.

:)

Xavonium, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Lorac DH Win User

Cant backup Desktop, Documents and Pictures using Windows 10 File History

I turned File History off as suggested and removed the
    C:\Users\User\OneDrive folder from the backup list as well as the following libraries and then turned in back
    on.

C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Pictures

C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll

C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Pictures\Saved Pictures

C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents

C:\Users\Use\OneDrive\Desktop

The resulting backup was 7.77 GB and included:

Can I somehow let onedrive to backup only my documents so the pictures, desktop and... 59595f66-27f2-4041-969e-dea9527f1731?upload=true.png

Can I somehow let onedrive to backup only my documents so the pictures, desktop and... e79a39f0-a1c5-4ee0-b5da-e6859a3baed9?upload=true.png

Can you pleae advice next steps? Thank you.

Lorac DH, Oct 21, 2020
  3. CraigLong Win User
    CraigLong, Oct 21, 2020
  4. USER49 Win User

Can I somehow let onedrive to backup only my documents so the pictures, desktop and...

Backup errors

The number of files listed had been reduced to 5, but it is still giving me the unknown error.

Backup skipped backing up \\DESKTOP\Users\XXX\Music as it is not on local machine.

Backup skipped backing up \\DESKTOP\Users\XXX\Documents\OneDrive\Music as it is not on local machine.

Backup skipped backing up \\DESKTOP\Users\XXX\Documents\OneDrive\Pictures as it is not on local machine.

Backup skipped backing up \\DESKTOP\Users\XXX\Documents\Pictures\Saved Pictures as it is not on local machine.

Backup skipped backing up \\DESKTOP\Users\XXX\Documents\Videos as it is not on local machine.

Where is this list of files coming from? Could someone please, help?

USER49, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I somehow let onedrive to backup only my documents so the pictures, desktop and... - Similar Threads - somehow let onedrive

2. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  3. desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop, pictures, documents folder location - onedrive: Hi all,Recently I have played with onedrive big mistake in my windows 11 laptop and accidently caused a lot of issues. After 3 hours, I have fixed most but one problem.My issue now is, the pictures folder, documents and desktop folder are all now saved into the...
  4. Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures

Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures: These were the only files in my one drive and I know it syncs automatically. When this happens I know they all go to there file names by default. If one of these files had malware it would be a risk if it was ran or opened. Does windows open or run any file while setting up...
  5. Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures: These were the only files in my one drive and I know it syncs automatically. When this happens I know they all go to there file names by default. If one of these files had malware it would be a risk if it was ran or opened. Does windows open or run any file while setting up...
  6. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  7. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  8. Stop Syncing Desktop, Documents and Pictures with Onedrive

Stop Syncing Desktop, Documents and Pictures with Onedrive: I have searched but cannot find an issue to my problem. I purchased a new computer, set up Windows 10, and now my Desktop, Documents and Pictures folders are syncing to onedrive. My Documents folder is far too large to sync, and I refuse to buy additional storage that I...
  9. STUPID ONEDRIVE BACKUP DELETED AAAALLLLL OF MY FILES IN DESKTOP, PICTURES, AND DOCUMENTS.

STUPID ONEDRIVE BACKUP DELETED AAAALLLLL OF MY FILES IN DESKTOP, PICTURES, AND DOCUMENTS.: WHAT IS THE ONEDRIVE BACKUP??? I DELETED ALL MY FILES IN DOCUMENTS PICTURES AND DESKTOP FULL OF MY SCHOOL DOCUMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RESTORE MY FILES PLEEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
  10. Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...

Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my Desktop and Documents folder so badly,...: Why does Microsoft want OneDrive to backup my 'Desktop' and 'Documents' folder so badly, against my will?! They even go so far as to act like something is wrong with my PC if I don't see screenshot! I'm really, really tired of Microsoft forcing their scarcely used products...