Windows 10: Can I somehow refresh a network drive?

Discus and support Can I somehow refresh a network drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone I have a question. I have a 2. PC running Ubuntu that has my storage HDD inside. I wanted to mount it as a network drive to windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheGamerSK, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Can I somehow refresh a network drive?

Hi everyone I have a question.

I have a 2. PC running Ubuntu that has my storage HDD inside.

I wanted to mount it as a network drive to windows explorer. So I found this article and I did what it told me to do.

It worked as I wanted it to but there is a problem.

I don't want to have the 2. PC running all the time and only turn it on if I need something.

But the problem is that explorer pings the network drive only once at startup (of my 1. PC) and never again so I have to:

1. turn on the 2. PC
    2. reboot my 1. PC
    3. connect to the network drive
    4. move the files

Is there another way? Because this seems really inefficient.

submitted by /u/TheGamerSK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheGamerSK, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Network connection keeps cutting out

Hello Eugene,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you try to reboot your Modem to refresh your network since it was not listed on your post.

We also suggest that you try to reinstall your network adapter if the first troubleshooting step didn't work.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jay Jap, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Greg CWK Win User
    Our network Drive folders are not auto refreshing.

We are having issues where our network drive folders are not auto-refreshing. When we save a new Doc or make a change the file will go down to the bottom of the list. It seems that this is only happening on our network folder. I tried doing the same thing
    on the C:\Temp folder and the file went to the top like it is supposed to. We are on Win 10 1809-1903

Greg CWK, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Can I somehow refresh a network drive?

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Can I somehow refresh a network drive?

1. Can I somehow refresh a network drive? - Similar Threads - somehow refresh network

2. Network Discovery breaks when I refresh Network folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Discovery breaks when I refresh Network folder...: My home private network is correctly configured. All the following items are defined:- Private network- File Share/Network Discovery is on- FDPH and FDRP services are running- SSDP and UPnP services are running- Firewall is configured to allow all the above service through-...
  3. Network Discovery breaks when I refresh Network folder...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Discovery breaks when I refresh Network folder...: My home private network is correctly configured. All the following items are defined:- Private network- File Share/Network Discovery is on- FDPH and FDRP services are running- SSDP and UPnP services are running- Firewall is configured to allow all the above service through-...
  4. Can I recover my files somehow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I recover my files somehow?: I wanted to download windows 10 on my other laptop, so I used the media creation tool from microsoft's website. I used my 1tb external hard drive. I thought it was going to make a partition for the system, but instead it deleted ally data from the hard drive and made it only...
  5. Frequent Network Refresh Needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent Network Refresh Needed: My desktop computer connects to the internet through my LAN by Ethernet. When I notice slowing loading of web pages I run a speedtest and find my download speed has dropped from its normal 150+ to about 50. When I use the following commands and restart, the speed is...
  6. Can I somehow listen to the real radio?

Can I somehow listen to the real radio?: I would love to do it like on the phone, no online radio. Plug in headphones and listen to the real thing. Is it even possible? submitted by /u/Ra1n69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1zxn7/can_i_somehow_listen_to_the_real_radio/
  7. Can I revert the latest cumulative update somehow?

Can I revert the latest cumulative update somehow?: Since this latest cumulative update my PC has felt very slow. It takes an extra second or so to open applications. submitted by /u/Leo9991 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iq4zkq/can_i_revert_the_latest_cumulative_update_somehow/
  8. Drives are somehow encrypted?

Drives are somehow encrypted?: Hello. So I wanted to clone a System SSD (Win10) to a dd image file and live-booted Ubuntu to do that (because full cloning needs the drive to be lockable). However, all my drives appear as encrypted and therefore not accessible within Ubuntu's file manager. I looked a bit...
  9. Can i use mouse ,,Scroll,, on keyboard somehow?

Can i use mouse ,,Scroll,, on keyboard somehow?: Hello o/ Okey i broke mouse wheel, and i don't even use it for scrolling, im used to bar on side, but in some programs/games/sites there are no bars but i need to scroll somehow. In mouse driver there is no option to set scroll up/down on side buttons, so can i change some...
  10. Our network Drive folders are not auto refreshing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Our network Drive folders are not auto refreshing.: We are having issues where our network drive folders are not auto-refreshing. When we save a new Doc or make a change the file will go down to the bottom of the list. It seems that this is only happening on our network folder. I tried doing the same thing on the C:\Temp...