Windows 10: can i still activate my windows laptop with my retail key after formatting my pc

Discus and support can i still activate my windows laptop with my retail key after formatting my pc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've activated my windows laptop with a retail license key and I have a question now if I have some issues with my laptop and I formated it does I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Muhamed N'bati, Mar 22, 2023.

1. can i still activate my windows laptop with my retail key after formatting my pc

I've activated my windows laptop with a retail license key and I have a question now if I have some issues with my laptop and I formated it does I still can activate it with my license or is it is one-time use even if it is the same laptop

:)

Muhamed N'bati, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Steve C Win User

Upgrading a PC and Retail Keys

My current desktop PC started life with a Windows 8 Pro retail key and now has the latest version of Windows 10 activated by a digital key linked to my MS account.

I want to change the motherboard, CPU, memory & system drive with a clean install so I guess Windows 10 will not automatically activate. What are the essential steps to deactivate the key currently in use and ensure it activates using the new hardware?

Steve C, Mar 22, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Kreij Win User

can i still activate my windows laptop with my retail key after formatting my pc

activate windows 7 oem key

You cannot activate a retail version of Windows with an OEM key.
    The retail version should have it's own activation key.
    If you just borrowed the Win DVD from someone who is using the key, that won't work with your OEM (OA) key.

pwned by newtekie. lol My bad.
    It does work in Vista and 7, just not in XP.

Have you looked on the ASUS website to see if you can re-download the driver/diag disk, or at least everything you need to make one?

Kreij, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

can i still activate my windows laptop with my retail key after formatting my pc

1. can i still activate my windows laptop with my retail key after formatting my pc - Similar Threads - still activate laptop

2. How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?: I purchased Windows 8.1 years ago and eventually upgraded it to Windows 10. How can I find my original activation key that was written on the card inside the tiny box I purchased for 100$+ a few years ago?I am able to find a different key maybe my windows 10 key? using the 3...
  3. How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?: I purchased Windows 8.1 years ago and eventually upgraded it to Windows 10. How can I find my original activation key that was written on the card inside the tiny box I purchased for 100$+ a few years ago?I am able to find a different key maybe my windows 10 key? using the 3...
  4. How do I find my original activation key for my retail Windows on my PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. can i still activate my windows laptop with my retail key after formatting my pc

can i still activate my windows laptop with my retail key after formatting my pc: I've activated my windows laptop with a retail license key and I have a question now if I have some issues with my laptop and I formated it does I still can activate it with my license or is it is one-time use even if it is the same laptop...
  6. Windows 10 retail key said not valid on my new pc but i still can reactivate on my old pc

Windows 10 retail key said not valid on my new pc but i still can reactivate on my old pc: so i just finish building my new pc i have a old pc that have a retail win10 on it and i want to reuse it on my new pc i deactive unistall in the cmd and all but when i paste the key on new computer it said it unvalid but when i try to active it again on my old computer is...
  7. Windows 10 retail key said not valid on my new pc but i still can reactivate on my old pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 retail key said not valid on my new pc but i still can reactivate on my old pc: so i just finish building my new pc i have a old pc that have a retail win10 on it and i want to reuse it on my new pc i deactive unistall in the cmd and all but when i paste the key on new computer it said it unvalid but when i try to active it again on my old computer is...
  8. Windows 10 retail key said not valid on my new pc but i still can reactivate on my old pc

9. About Activation My Retail License Key.

About Activation My Retail License Key.: 1. Can I activate Windows 10 by enter my retail key to my new pc without uninstall retail key from my already signed older PC?2.After activated retailed key , What happen when I signed my Microsoft account Digital License linked to Microsoft account... may be transfer my...
  10. Can not activate retailer keys

Can not activate retailer keys: Hello, I recently bought a pc and have tried to activate my Windows 10 pro key that came with it but when i try it says its not valid but i dont think its true is there a special way to activate retailer keys?...