Windows 10: Can I still receive Windows 10 updates if I don't verify a phone number with my Microsoft...

Discus and support Can I still receive Windows 10 updates if I don't verify a phone number with my Microsoft... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a LAN user account and opted out of S mode on my laptop, only to be forced to create a Microsoft account anyway. I created a new one, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ProsperousDump, May 21, 2020.

1. Can I still receive Windows 10 updates if I don't verify a phone number with my Microsoft...

I created a LAN user account and opted out of S mode on my laptop, only to be forced to create a Microsoft account anyway. I created a new one, but the account "requires" phone verification. That's what I was trying to avoid in the first place. Except for Windows 10 updates, I do not care if I lose access to this account. If I do not verify the Microsoft account, will I still be able to update the OS?

:)

ProsperousDump, May 21, 2020
  2. JunkBear Win User

Outlook asking cellphone number

No need to verify. My number is more important than mails i receive. Canada dont allow service providers to sell phone numbers list anyway.

JunkBear, May 21, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, May 21, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Can I still receive Windows 10 updates if I don't verify a phone number with my Microsoft...

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Can I still receive Windows 10 updates if I don't verify a phone number with my Microsoft...

1. Can I still receive Windows 10 updates if I don't verify a phone number with my Microsoft... - Similar Threads - still receive updates

2. VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT: i HAD AN ERROR MESSAGE ON MY COMPUTER AND WAS GIVEN A NUMBER TO CALL. I WANT TO VERIFY THE NUMBER WAS FROM MICROSOFT. 855-451-2951 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-phone-number-for-microsoft-alert/7aa37b77-d8e6-4b0f-98ba-46dcf3fba649
  3. VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT: i HAD AN ERROR MESSAGE ON MY COMPUTER AND WAS GIVEN A NUMBER TO CALL. I WANT TO VERIFY THE NUMBER WAS FROM MICROSOFT. 855-451-2951 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-phone-number-for-microsoft-alert/7aa37b77-d8e6-4b0f-98ba-46dcf3fba649
  4. VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can I update my phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I update my phone number?: When I go through security and update info is asks me to verify my identity with my old phone number. It's making it impossiple to change it. I keep getting redirected to verify my identity. This website doesn't provide me with a way to contact someone directly....
  6. How can I update my phone number?

How can I update my phone number?: When I go through security and update info is asks me to verify my identity with my old phone number. It's making it impossiple to change it. I keep getting redirected to verify my identity. This website doesn't provide me with a way to contact someone directly....
  7. Verifying Phone Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verifying Phone Number: Hello I Want To Verify My Phone In Microsoft But Every Time I Do It Sends A Code To My Phone But I Never Get It .Is There A Way To Check If I Typed My Phone Number Correctly ?...
  8. Verifying Phone Number

Verifying Phone Number: Hello I Want To Verify My Phone In Microsoft But Every Time I Do It Sends A Code To My Phone But I Never Get It .Is There A Way To Check If I Typed My Phone Number Correctly ?...
  9. Verifying Phone Number

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. I don't still receive the newest windows 11 update.

I don't still receive the newest windows 11 update.: WHY?.......... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-still-receive-the-newest-windows-11-update/fd967aa5-924a-48d7-9b48-e87b214e7bd3