Windows 10: Can I still reset my PC if Windows isn't activated?

Discus and support Can I still reset my PC if Windows isn't activated? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got my laptop repaired and I have very little storage. I want to reset it in the hope to free some up. But I fear that my PC won't be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michxnne, Aug 27, 2019.

1. michxnne Win User

Can I still reset my PC if Windows isn't activated?

I recently got my laptop repaired and I have very little storage. I want to reset it in the hope to free some up. But I fear that my PC won't be able to reinstall Windows. Will my PC reinstall Windows even if it isn't activated? Or will I have to activate it then reset it?

:)

michxnne, Aug 27, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

My latest rebuild was done using:
    • Reset this PC.
    • Don't keep files.

I now see the conflicting output as show in post #16.

Also I have a watermark on my desktop. Is this normal?

Can I still reset my PC if Windows isn't activated? [​IMG]

the5krunner, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Can I still reset my PC if Windows isn't activated?

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Can I still reset my PC if Windows isn't activated?

1. Can I still reset my PC if Windows isn't activated? - Similar Threads - still reset isn't

2. Reset CMOS, now my Windows suddenly isn't activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset CMOS, now my Windows suddenly isn't activated.: Hey all, rest the CMOS on my motherboard to troubleshoot an issue I had with my computer. When I started it again however, I got the "Activate Windows" notification. I've tried running the troubleshooter, but that hasn't helped at all. I got my license by porting it over from...
  3. Reset CMOS, now my Windows suddenly isn't activated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset CMOS, now my Windows suddenly isn't activated.: Hey all, rest the CMOS on my motherboard to troubleshoot an issue I had with my computer. When I started it again however, I got the "Activate Windows" notification. I've tried running the troubleshooter, but that hasn't helped at all. I got my license by porting it over from...
  4. Just reset my laptop. Now windows isn't activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Just reset my laptop. Now windows isn't activated.: My laptop was having issues not booting and wasn't able to roll back to a recovery point. So I reset it and everything was working fine. however at the moment it's saying my windows isn't activated, and there's now a watermark in the corner of my screen. Is there somewhere I...
  5. Just reset my laptop. Now windows isn't activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just reset my laptop. Now windows isn't activated.: My laptop was having issues not booting and wasn't able to roll back to a recovery point. So I reset it and everything was working fine. however at the moment it's saying my windows isn't activated, and there's now a watermark in the corner of my screen. Is there somewhere I...
  6. I have a product key, but Windows still isn't activated.

I have a product key, but Windows still isn't activated.: A few weeks ago my windows suddenly displayed the "Windows isn't activated" icon, and i couldn't find the product key on my laptop. I found it elsewhere using a third-party app called "Belarc Advisor". I found my product key but when i enter it in the system tab in settings,...
  7. i can not reset my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can not reset my pc: i can not reset my pc . what should I do ? some rensomeware attack my pc. so I need to format my c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-reset-my-pc/70a9a89a-1f0e-401f-8704-1cf25c16aa82
  8. I can not reset my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not reset my pc: My computer's system is windows 10, and every time I try to reset my pc, it just says that something went wrong and canceled it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-reset-my-pc/c0bdf316-86fe-49a6-ac43-abbdbdcc5dc2
  9. Why isn't my pc activating?

Why isn't my pc activating?: So recently, I have upgraded my pc from a Dual Core to an Octa-Core to play better games on this system, and also changing the motherboard, which I see that maybe the problem. But before I upgraded my system, Windows 10 professional was running all fine. I am fine with...
  10. I can' reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can' reset my pc: I have a laptop that I use to play games like Fortnite, PUBG e.t.c. My computer has been very slow lately and my games have been freezing alloy. I did some research and found that I should reset my pc which I have done in the past and it has helped. When I tried to reset my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset my computer and windows isnt activated