Windows 10: Can I still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife no longer uses her Win 8.1 notebook and I'm wondering if I can update it to Windows 10 for free? And if yes, how do I go about it? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bertie11, Jun 15, 2019.

1. bertie11 Win User

Can I still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

My wife no longer uses her Win 8.1 notebook and I'm wondering if I can update it to Windows 10 for free?

And if yes, how do I go about it?

Thank you.

:)

bertie11, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Can I still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Can I still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

1. Can I still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - still upgrade

2. i upgraded my windows 11 home to pro and paid on line, i am still awaiting for my invoice...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i upgraded my windows 11 home to pro and paid on line, i am still awaiting for my invoice...: i upgraded my windows 11 home to pro and paid on line, i am still awaiting for my invoice for my business https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-paid-on/b983ced3-a8c1-4481-98b8-75a3409b20f9
  3. i upgraded my windows 11 home to pro and paid on line, i am still awaiting for my invoice...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i upgraded my windows 11 home to pro and paid on line, i am still awaiting for my invoice...: i upgraded my windows 11 home to pro and paid on line, i am still awaiting for my invoice for my business https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-my-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-paid-on/b983ced3-a8c1-4481-98b8-75a3409b20f9
  4. my laptop is currently running on windows 7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 in 2024?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is currently running on windows 7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 in 2024?: my laptop is currently running on windows 7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 in 2024? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-currently-running-on-windows-7-can-i/3ebba272-4d08-4a20-9f31-43c3b99573da
  5. my laptop is currently running on windows 7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 in 2024?

my laptop is currently running on windows 7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 in 2024?: my laptop is currently running on windows 7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 in 2024? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-currently-running-on-windows-7-can-i/3ebba272-4d08-4a20-9f31-43c3b99573da
  6. I upgraded my Ram frrom 8 to 16 GB yet Intel Iris Xe dedicated video memory is still 128...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my Ram frrom 8 to 16 GB yet Intel Iris Xe dedicated video memory is still 128...: Details: I have a Dell Inspiron 5502, came with 8GB DDR4, upgraded it to 16GB using the second slot. I read somewhere that increasing RAM would increase the size of the dedicated video memory and increase power/performance of Xe Graphics. As seen from the photo below the size...
  7. I upgraded my Ram frrom 8 to 16 GB yet Intel Iris Xe dedicated video memory is still 128...

I upgraded my Ram frrom 8 to 16 GB yet Intel Iris Xe dedicated video memory is still 128...: Details: I have a Dell Inspiron 5502, came with 8GB DDR4, upgraded it to 16GB using the second slot. I read somewhere that increasing RAM would increase the size of the dedicated video memory and increase power/performance of Xe Graphics. As seen from the photo below the size...
  8. If I upgrade from an unlicensed windows 10 to a licensed windows 11, will my license still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I upgrade from an unlicensed windows 10 to a licensed windows 11, will my license still...: I’m currently on a system with unlicensed windows 10 but have a windows 11 key. If I install windows 11, activate the key, and downgrade back to windows 10, will my license still be active? Thanks. S...
  9. If I upgrade from an unlicensed windows 10 to a licensed windows 11, will my license still...

If I upgrade from an unlicensed windows 10 to a licensed windows 11, will my license still...: I’m currently on a system with unlicensed windows 10 but have a windows 11 key. If I install windows 11, activate the key, and downgrade back to windows 10, will my license still be active? Thanks. S...
  10. upgraded from an activated windows 7home basic to windows 10 home....but still windows 7 os...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgraded from an activated windows 7home basic to windows 10 home....but still windows 7 os...: Hi. So I have a hp pc with an activated windows7 home basic os. I upgraded it to windows 10 who would want windows 7 these days and everytihng went well....but in msconfig, it's still windows 7 os? also knowing this sums things up. Because sometimes, when my chrome is not...