Windows 10: Can I still use my USB stick?

Discus and support Can I still use my USB stick? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just turned my USB stick (128GB) into a recovery drive, can I still save my personal data on it? And it just got formatted to 32GB?! What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DarexSyntrex, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Can I still use my USB stick?

I have just turned my USB stick (128GB) into a recovery drive, can I still save my personal data on it?

And it just got formatted to 32GB?! What happens to my 128GB?

:)

DarexSyntrex, Jul 28, 2020

2. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Jul 29, 2020
  3. windows can`t communicate with epson 7620 scanner using usb

Hi Lake,

Thank you for your response.

As per the description, I understand that the Epson device/program is not compatible with the USB 3.0.

I suggest you to connect it to the USB 2.0 and check if the same issue persists.

I suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK
      . Device Manager opens.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

• Right click the first USB controller under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers
      , and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Also refer to:

Install USB 3.0 and other USB devices
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/install-usb-3-usb-devices

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Can I still use my USB stick?

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Can I still use my USB stick? nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Can I still use my USB stick?

1. Can I still use my USB stick? - Similar Threads - still USB stick

2. How can I reflash a corrupted bios using a usb stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reflash a corrupted bios using a usb stick?: The BIOS of my lenovo ideapad 320 15-AST is corrupted so when I boot the laptop, the screen remains blank. Is there any way I can write the bios to a USB stick and automatically boot the computer into it and then reflash the BIOS?...
  3. How can I reflash a corrupted bios using a usb stick?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I reflash a corrupted bios using a usb stick?: The BIOS of my lenovo ideapad 320 15-AST is corrupted so when I boot the laptop, the screen remains blank. Is there any way I can write the bios to a USB stick and automatically boot the computer into it and then reflash the BIOS?...
  4. How can I reflash a corrupted bios using a usb stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't use USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use USB stick: Hello,I have a problem with USB stick.When I click on its drive letter in Windows Explorer, I am told to insert a disk into USB drive. I can't format it. Disk management says that it is online. What should I do?The problem happens on two computers, with slightly different...
  6. Can't use USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use USB stick: Hello,I have a problem with USB stick.When I click on its drive letter in Windows Explorer, I am told to insert a disk into USB drive. I can't format it. Disk management says that it is online. What should I do?The problem happens on two computers, with slightly different...
  7. Can't use USB stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Is my USB stick still bootable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my USB stick still bootable?: Hi guys If one installs Windows 10 on a USB stick with Media Creation Tool, the USB stick is also created directly bootable. If I then remove the content from the USB stick without formatting, will the stick remain bootable for as long as this takes? Ciao Ist mein...
  9. USB stick in use.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick in use.: Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them,...
  10. USB stick in use.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB stick in use.: Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them,...