Windows 10: Can I stop OneDrive from uploading to the Cloud

Discus and support Can I stop OneDrive from uploading to the Cloud in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just began setting up a new PC four days ago and chose to let OneDrive manage my files. Now I'm a COMPLETE HOSTAGE to 200GB of files uploading to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lonmay2, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Lonmay2 Win User

Can I stop OneDrive from uploading to the Cloud

I just began setting up a new PC four days ago and chose to let OneDrive manage my files. Now I'm a COMPLETE HOSTAGE to 200GB of files uploading to the internet, which will take MONTHS. My photos and music are already backed up in two other places. Can I stop this process, or should I just reset or refresh my computer and start over?

:)

Lonmay2, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Hazzard V Win User
    Microsoft phone has stopped uploading pictures to OneDrive

Is "camera upload" turned on from settings within the onedrive app? I don't think the arrow circle in the photos app syncs manually. It simply updates the photos list with cloud photos already in onedrive. If camera upload is turned on, try turning it
    off and back on again.

Hazzard V, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Video uploading not working to the Cloud

Hi Faye,

There may be some requirements that have to be met for you to be able to upload the video file to the cloud successfully. Allow us to clarify some details so we can properly isolate the concern.

• Are you trying to upload the video from your computer to OneDrive?
    • What is the file type of the video?
    • What is the size of the video that you were trying to upload?
    • Have you tried uploading a different video file just to check if it would go through?

We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I stop OneDrive from uploading to the Cloud - Similar Threads - stop OneDrive uploading

2. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  3. DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DO NOT UPLOAD FOLDER TO ONEDRIVE CLOUD STORAGE: I have a folder in File Explorer which I keep junk items, temporary items and a place to put stuff till I find a place for them.I do not want that folder or its contents uploaded to the Cloud by Onedrive. How do I set this up?...
  4. How can I cancel OneDrive from uploading file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I cancel OneDrive from uploading file: hi there..i need help ...since yesterday my onedrive is uploading files and i still have over 27,000to go and im running out of place so how can i cancel everything that is download... thank you...
  5. How can I cancel OneDrive from uploading file

How can I cancel OneDrive from uploading file: hi there..i need help ...since yesterday my onedrive is uploading files and i still have over 27,000to go and im running out of place so how can i cancel everything that is download... thank you...
  6. Stop Onedrive from restoring files and only upload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Onedrive from restoring files and only upload: Hey, I am running into an issue with my onedrive. I do a lot of pc gaming and programming. I love Microsoft, but it seems windows 11 has gotten far more complicated.... Everytime I download a mod for my game, say like Sims 4, the files are backed up on my onedrive account,...
  7. stop automatic upload to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop automatic upload to onedrive: All the advice I can find on the web, or on microsoft site, has one fatal flaw.Nowhere can I find in settings, a button to untick, so that only files I elect to upload are uploaded. Am I being especially dense, or is it concealed, because Microsoft wants to sell me additional...
  8. stop automatic upload to onedrive

stop automatic upload to onedrive: All the advice I can find on the web, or on microsoft site, has one fatal flaw.Nowhere can I find in settings, a button to untick, so that only files I elect to upload are uploaded. Am I being especially dense, or is it concealed, because Microsoft wants to sell me additional...
  9. stop automatic upload to onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. uploading to the cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uploading to the cloud: I have a new desk top and it has been uploading to windows for 5 days with no end in sight. What can i do to delete some files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-to-the-cloud/f5799375-963c-4374-920e-5ee67225247e