Windows 10: Can I stop using Microsoft ID in Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I stop using Microsoft ID in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a benefit or not of stopping the usage of the Microsoft Id on our office Windows 10 Home editions? We buy "off the shelf" laptops and I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yleclerc- [O365], Oct 21, 2019.

1. Can I stop using Microsoft ID in Windows 10?

Is there a benefit or not of stopping the usage of the Microsoft Id on our office Windows 10 Home editions? We buy "off the shelf" laptops and I was setting up Microsoft IDs on each new laptop. Now the controller wants to drop the Microsoft IDs, OneDrive Personal and Skype from these laptop so that we have an easier settings for our Office 365 subscriptions. I believe we should not. Please advise on this plan.

Also, we are on the 1903 version of Windows 10 Home.

:)

yleclerc- [O365], Oct 21, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can I stop using Microsoft ID in Windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Can I stop using Microsoft ID in Windows 10?

1. Can I stop using Microsoft ID in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - stop using Microsoft

2. If Microsoft stop support Windows 10, what I can do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If Microsoft stop support Windows 10, what I can do?: I can't change the OS and use Android phones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-microsoft-stop-support-windows-10-what-i-can-do/b94922f9-1cb7-4ba7-a29e-11f3bfc96287
  3. Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10?: Can Product Id be used as Product Key to Activate Windows 10? So there's a guy who was checking my PC and he asked if my Windows was pirated or Official, I said Official, then he asked me for the Product Id, he doesn't know that Product Id and Key aren't the same things, so...
  4. can I active windows 10 by broduct Id

can I active windows 10 by broduct Id: Because of the presence of a virus in my device, I have format, and old windows was Windows 7, and I completely formatted and downloaded Windows 10 from the Microsoft website, and I am now trying to activate the version, but I do not havethe old product key, but I have the...
  5. Can i use a dslr with windows face recognition ID

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can i use a dslr with windows face recognition ID: Can I use sony a5100 with windows hello ID or any other dslr? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-a-dslr-with-windows-face-recognition-id/9080d738-8f42-4ff3-8850-89ac3b00d9e0
  6. Stopped from using Open Office. Can I use Open Office on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopped from using Open Office. Can I use Open Office on Windows 10?: I have been using Open Office for years, but having changed to Windows 10 I'm being stopped using this and being urged to pay for Microsoft Office which I do not want to do as I only use it for a small purpose. Any ideas how I can continue using what I have set up please?...
  7. Can I use Microsoft DVD Player with AutoPlay in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use Microsoft DVD Player with AutoPlay in Windows 10?: I purchased the Microsoft DVD Player to use with my Windows 10 machine. I would like to have this program available as an option for AutoPlay, but don't know how to access any executable or any other method to activate the program. Is there any way to use the DVD Player app...
  8. Can I use Microsoft Works Version 7.0 with Windows 10?

Can I use Microsoft Works Version 7.0 with Windows 10?: Can I use Microsoft Works Version 7.0 with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-microsoft-works-version-70-with-windows/650f268b-1093-41a1-a3e3-4744d3b8b1f5
  9. CAN MICROSOFT STOP WITH THE UPDATES ON WINDOWS 10...

CAN MICROSOFT STOP WITH THE UPDATES ON WINDOWS 10...: **Not really a question, but more of a poor experience and hope fellow people with windows10 can avoid what happened to my computer. *If you don't feel like reading this story nor spending some time to read this, then basically If you own a windows 10, beware an update when...
  10. HOW CAN I STOP USING THE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FOR THIS COMPUTER, I WANT TO DONATE IT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW CAN I STOP USING THE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FOR THIS COMPUTER, I WANT TO DONATE IT: I WANT TO DONATE THIS COMPUTER, HOW CAN I ERASE MY ACCOUNT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-using-the-microsoft-account-for/afd4b31c-0bdf-4ff3-bf7e-7053e824b984"