Windows 10: Can I stop Windows 10 for creating firewall rules for Store apps?

Discus and support Can I stop Windows 10 for creating firewall rules for Store apps? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 creates firewall rules for store apps, including for outgoing connections. Is there any way to prevent that or make the rules disabled by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/is_reddit_useful, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Can I stop Windows 10 for creating firewall rules for Store apps?

Windows 10 creates firewall rules for store apps, including for outgoing connections. Is there any way to prevent that or make the rules disabled by default, so I choose which apps are allowed to make outgoing network connections?

(I've disabled outgoing connections by default in Firewall with Advanced Security, but unless I can change this, all Store apps get outgoing network access by default.)

submitted by /u/is_reddit_useful
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/is_reddit_useful, Feb 6, 2020

2. Windows Firewall Forgetting Rules

I've recently installed the latest version of Windows 10 in my PC. I've blocked and allowed some softwares in Windows Firewall. But Firewall keeps forgetting the rules in 1/2 days. For example, I've allowed Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 in Firewall. But in a
    few days, when I open the game, firewall sends message asking if I want to allow that app or not. Then after checking the allowed apps, I do not see that game in the list, which means firewall didn't remember the settings.

Also, I blocked KMPlayer in firewall to prevent it from connecting to internet (it shows too much ads otherwise). So, I created inbound and outbound rules for KMPlayer and blocked the connection. After that, it was all okay for two days, then again it started
    showing ads, and then checking the rules, I didn't notice the rules there which I created two days ago. And this thing keeps happening. I make the inbound and outbound rules for KMPlayer, it stays all okay for a few days, and then it forgets again.

So, what is wrong with the firewall and what is the solution of it?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Ninad Khan, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Dadof 5 Win User
    Dadof 5, Feb 6, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Can I stop Windows 10 for creating firewall rules for Store apps?

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Can I stop Windows 10 for creating firewall rules for Store apps?

1. Can I stop Windows 10 for creating firewall rules for Store apps? - Similar Threads - stop creating firewall

2. Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall Rules to Allow Microsoft Store: Hi,We have our firewall set to block all traffic, what addresses can we add to the firewall to allow access to Microsoft Store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules-to-allow-microsoft-store/b65afe65-536e-4355-9794-16ccdedc1be3
  3. Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule: Hello,I have changed Windows Firewall to block outbound connections.I had no problem configuring outbound rules to allow classic applications accessing the internet.I have tried adding the following two rules, but it does not...
  4. Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule: Hello,I have changed Windows Firewall to block outbound connections.I had no problem configuring outbound rules to allow classic applications accessing the internet.I have tried adding the following two rules, but it does not...
  5. Add Store apps to Windows Firewall outbound rule

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...: Hello, I create a new rule Windows Defender firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to block all protocols etc. for PowerShell.exe application, will something get broken from Microsoft? I have Windows 10 PRO 21H1 x64. Let someone who has done something like this or...
  7. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  8. Firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  9. Creating Firewall rules for windows apps

Creating Firewall rules for windows apps: Hey everyone, I am trying to find a solution to this issue I have been having for the last 2 weeks. I recently got a new internet line coming to my remote location and the bandwidth I get on this connection is less than 1mbps. I only got this connection to do some gaming as...
  10. Windows 10 Firewall rules for Store and Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Firewall rules for Store and Updates: Hello! I still can't setup Windows 10 Firewall to block all except MS Store and Windows Updates! Those 2 functions works if: allow all outbound; allow all outbound for svchost.exe; allow svchost.exe all outbound to all WindowsUpdates websites. But it still too much because...