Windows 10: Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage?

Discus and support Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Weird question, but ..... I have a Samsung portable design 2.5 inch external hdd. I'm interested in keeping my Win 10 backup on it and away from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jak834, Feb 26, 2019.

1. jak834 Win User

Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage?

Weird question, but ..... I have a Samsung portable design 2.5 inch external hdd. I'm interested in keeping my Win 10 backup on it and away from the house, since it wouldn't be a good backup if it was burned in a house fire, etc. Will it destroy it to keep it in my car or garage when our winter temps go down to -10 or so?

:)

jak834, Feb 26, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage?

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage?

1. Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage? - Similar Threads - store external hard

2. Windows 10 Backup to 2 External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup to 2 External Hard Drives: I would like to use the Windows 10 backup option to back my files up on two separate external hard drives to have multiple copies in case one drive fails. Windows only recognizes one external hard drive for system back up at a time. If I de-select drive 1, select drive 2...
  3. External hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive: How can I open the contents of my exteral G-drive USB on my windows 10 HP laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/6d746bbd-2b6d-42d5-9112-955e1ed8bcb5
  4. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard drive: I don't know how to retrieve files from my external hard drive. On file explore there used to be a link to click. it's not there anymore. I have a Seagate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/1136c02a-ab6f-48c4-8db1-71c2791ecc45"
  5. Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups

Why can't I use an External Hard Drive for my Backups: I hooked the Seagate hard drive up when the Toshiba hard drive got full, and the Seagate one hasn't turned off it's light at all I don't know what who ever is saying that it turns off, if the light is on doesn't that mean it's on and loading backup? Because I haven't saw the...
  6. Can I close my laptop during a backup on Windows 10 to an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I close my laptop during a backup on Windows 10 to an external hard drive?: Can i close my Windows 10 laptop during a backup to an external hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-close-my-laptop-during-a-backup-on-windows/7b13ecb4-b11e-4eff-8d20-cae3ce49b87f
  7. Why i cannot backup Asphalt 9 downloaded from Windows Store in an external hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why i cannot backup Asphalt 9 downloaded from Windows Store in an external hard drive?: I recently downloaded Asphalt 9 in my windows 10 laptop. It has a lot of files such as dlls and images with a lock sign. I activated full access to Asphalt 9 folder from Security tab and even then also I am unable to copy it to my usb flash drive .Plz help. Here are some...
  8. Backup to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to an external drive.: How do I connect my networked computer to my router connected usb hard drive for backing up my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/backup-to-an-external-drive/7b876cf8-b372-4ffa-b599-0fbc5c0b1109
  9. Freezing external hard drives

Freezing external hard drives: I've been trying to transfer files to several external hard drives of mine in order to clear up space on my HDD, however every time I do begin a transfer, it will only do so for about 2-3 seconds, and then the transfer rate will drop rapidly until it is 0mb/s. It remains...
  10. external hard drives

external hard drives: I have two external hard drives I used on two different computers. On both computers I backed up all information onto the external hard drives before installing windows 10 on both computers. I was running windows 7 on both computers before the installation. On both computers...