Windows 10: Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage?

Discus and support Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Weird question, but ..... I have a Samsung portable design 2.5 inch external hdd. I'm interested in keeping my Win 10 backup on it and away from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jak834, Feb 26, 2019.

1. jak834 Win User

Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage?

Weird question, but ..... I have a Samsung portable design 2.5 inch external hdd. I'm interested in keeping my Win 10 backup on it and away from the house, since it wouldn't be a good backup if it was burned in a house fire, etc. Will it destroy it to keep it in my car or garage when our winter temps go down to -10 or so?

:)

jak834, Feb 26, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage?

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage?

1. Can I store external hard drive backup in freezing garage? - Similar Threads - store external hard

2. Can a backup be stored on an external hard drive from two different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a backup be stored on an external hard drive from two different computers?: Can I store a backup on an external hard drive from more than one computer: thus, my W7 desktop and my W8.1 HP laptop: what would happen if I wanted to restore the backup to only one of them? How does the system decide which is which, if I am restoring files to the same,...
  3. Can a backup be stored on an external hard drive from two different computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a backup be stored on an external hard drive from two different computers?: Can I store a backup on an external hard drive from more than one computer: thus, my W7 desktop and my W8.1 HP laptop: what would happen if I wanted to restore the backup to only one of them? How does the system decide which is which, if I am restoring files to the same,...
  4. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  5. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  6. External hard drive backup

7. Backup OneDrive to External Hard Drive

Backup OneDrive to External Hard Drive: I am using Windows 10 with OneDrive. I am also using Seagate ToolKit with a Seagate external drive to back up my computer.I thought Seagate was backing up my files on OneDrive along with my computer. It's not. Specifically, the files in the OneDrive folder are not being...
  8. External Hard Drive Backup Problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    External Hard Drive Backup Problem: I accidentally ejected my Western Digital "My Passport" backup. I unplugged from the USB port and plugged in again. My Passport now appears in Devices again. However when I go to Settings/Update/Backup the option to "Add a Drive" has vanished and when I click on More...
  9. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...
  10. Freezing external hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freezing external hard drives: I've been trying to transfer files to several external hard drives of mine in order to clear up space on my HDD, however every time I do begin a transfer, it will only do so for about 2-3 seconds, and then the transfer rate will drop rapidly until it is 0mb/s. It remains...