Windows 10: Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps?

Discus and support Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought a game on my school account and I don't know if i can switch it with my personal account without losing all my apps and stuff... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NatálkaKristová, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps?

I bought a game on my school account and I don't know if i can switch it with my personal account without losing all my apps and stuff

:)

NatálkaKristová, Dec 9, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Dec 9, 2021
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps?

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps?

1. Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps? - Similar Threads - switch microsoft account

2. Switch administrators without losing all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch administrators without losing all files: My mom has been using my old desktop and apparently all the files she had on. It was copying onto my gaming PC desktop. I need to find a way to remove myself as administrator without deleting all of her files. I already created an account for her and her account administrator...
  3. Switch administrators without losing all files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch administrators without losing all files: My mom has been using my old desktop and apparently all the files she had on. It was copying onto my gaming PC desktop. I need to find a way to remove myself as administrator without deleting all of her files. I already created an account for her and her account administrator...
  4. Switch administrators without losing all files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can I change the account on One Drive linked to my laptop without losing all my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the account on One Drive linked to my laptop without losing all my files?: When I first got my laptop, I mistakenly logged into my personal email and linked my One Drive account to that. Now that I'm further into college, I have lost space and it won't sync up. I have opened some new notebooks on One Note to my University email with.However I would...
  6. Can I change the account on One Drive linked to my laptop without losing all my files?

Can I change the account on One Drive linked to my laptop without losing all my files?: When I first got my laptop, I mistakenly logged into my personal email and linked my One Drive account to that. Now that I'm further into college, I have lost space and it won't sync up. I have opened some new notebooks on One Note to my University email with.However I would...
  7. Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps?: I bought a game on my school account and I don't know if i can switch it with my personal account without losing all my apps and stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-switch-my-microsoft-account-without-losing/5c53e9e0-75d7-40f7-a2b8-03a02136c88a
  8. Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps?

Can I switch my microsoft account without losing all the apps?: I bought a game on my school account and I don't know if i can switch it with my personal account without losing all my apps and stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-switch-my-microsoft-account-without-losing/5c53e9e0-75d7-40f7-a2b8-03a02136c88a
  9. How can I switch accounts on my computer without losing all of my data?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I switch accounts on my computer without losing all of my data?: I recently noticed that I had two Microsoft accounts under my name. One account has my Xbox stuff the one I'm asking this question with right now, and another one that I use to sign into my computer with. I'm going to usemy account with the Xbox data since you can't transfer...
  10. Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?: I currently use a Local Account (no password) on a notebook but would also like to add my existing Microsoft Account. Is this possible without losing an option to sign in with the Local Account if necessary? 67987