Windows 10: Can I switch OneDrive to my SD card?

Discus and support Can I switch OneDrive to my SD card? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using a Windows 10 PC Stick with my TV with limited storage. I do have plenty of space available on my SD Card installed on the Stick. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robinpe, Nov 17, 2017.

1. robinpe Win User

Can I switch OneDrive to my SD card?

I am using a Windows 10 PC Stick with my TV with limited storage. I do have plenty of space available on my SD Card installed on the Stick. Can I switch OneDrive, (which is using 10.8Gb's of space), from C disk to my SD Card in File Explorer., & how do I do it? All my Pictures, Docs. etc. are on the SD Card.

:)

robinpe, Nov 17, 2017
  2. Billy Med Win User

Backup App stored on SD card from

Hi,

When switching over your files on your SD card to OneDrive, you can go to OneDrive >> SD card , and choose which file you want to upload.

Let us know if you were able to successfully migrate files from the SD card to your OneDrive.

Billy Med, Nov 17, 2017
  3. How to mount a vhd automatically on startup

I seem to have found a solution to the problem of moving OneDrive folders to a SD Card in Windows 10.

The solution in a nutshell is to create a vhd on the SD card, unlink Onedrive from the Microsoft account.

On re-starting OneDrive you can change the location of the OneDrive folder to the vhd on the SD card! Yay!

My question is, how do I get the vhd to mount automatically when the tablet is started up, and can that be programed to happen before the OneDrive sync service starts running?

Gordon B-P, Nov 17, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

There are two things to consider here:

1. The latest version of OneDrive has Files on Demand, which has place holders instead of the actual file so the files are in the cloud and not taking up any space locally.

2. If memory serves, you should be able to select where you want the OneDrive folder to be if you sign out of OneDrive then sign back in again, it asks which folders you want to sync then where to place them.

swarfega, Nov 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Can I switch OneDrive to my SD card? - Similar Threads - switch OneDrive card

2. Sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  3. How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card?: My Fuji digital camera has formatted it's SD card for it's own use. I can read the pictures in my Windows 10 PC, but I cannot reformat the card so I can use it for other things. Every attempt to reformat the SD card returns the error message about the card being "wright...
  4. Sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sd card: my windows 10 is not reading my verbatim micro sd adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/2e69c34c-15aa-4e16-99e9-d13afc29ab45
  5. SD card

SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  6. Can I regain use of my SD card?

Can I regain use of my SD card?: I have a 64 GB SD Card which is about 50% free. It has been used as an additional backup for files, no longer required. I want to use it in my new Android MiNote 7 phone, to replace a 1 GB card which will soon be full. But I am now unable to either delete the Windows files,...
  7. Can I regain use of my SD card?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I regain use of my SD card?: I have a 64 GB SD Card which is about 50% free. It has been used as an additional backup for files, no longer required. I want to use it in my new Android MiNote 7 phone, to replace a 1 GB card which will soon be full. But I am now unable to either delete the Windows files,...
  8. SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card: How do I change the settings for what I do when I insert a SD card on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/75d8c53e-488f-49e9-b1ac-cbf995b30e5e"
  9. SD card

SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f
  10. my sd card

my sd card: lately my sd card has been acting up, as in it does not let me have read and write permissions, every time i unplug it it reverts back to what it was before i tried to delete something, and when i created a new folder this wierd stuff showed up in it, im guessing it is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive sd card